Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Thank you everyone. I searched TQracing again with "pivot pin" and it came up.
TQ search engine is harder to use than other hobby stores' as it wants exact consecutive words. For example, the description TQ listed is "Outer pivot pin". If I search for "outer pin" it doesn't come up. The products don't seem to have tag words either. TQ has great inventory and A+ customer service but their search engine is the limiting factor of their business.
Use the part number from the manual.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
+100

If I order something before noon on a Monday, I have it in my hands on Wednesday (west coast), without fail. TQRC is amazing.
I'm in CT, anything I order from them gets to me in 3 days. Amazing considering it has to cross the entire country.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Would anyone happen to know the stock, out-of-the-box transmission/drivetrain gear ratio for the Spec R S1?

Thanks...
Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMack12
Would anyone happen to know the stock, out-of-the-box transmission/drivetrain gear ratio for the Spec R S1?

Thanks...
The internal ratio is 1.9 same as an Xray TC.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tcdrvr2
The internal ratio is 1.9 same as an Xray TC.
Thank you very much
Old 07-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm considering switching my S1 to VTA duty as I think the tranny ratio is more suitable than my tc6. 2.0 vs 1.9 makes a difference. So, what setups are being run in vta in med to high grip asphalt conditions?

Thanks,

Al
Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

First of sorry for not searching, the search function doesn't work with my phone.

What tooth spur comes with the s1 kit?

Anything you would consider a must upgrade before running?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
First of sorry for not searching, the search function doesn't work with my phone.

What tooth spur comes with the s1 kit?

Anything you would consider a must upgrade before running?
Spur is an 84, changing it to a 72-75 will give you a lot of flexibility with gearing, and the only thing i would get out of the box is the alloy fan mount. Everything else is fine to begin with.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Safe to assume that is 48p?

Does this car need a spur gear adapter to run standard 64p?

Thank you for the help
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yes 48p.
No. No adapter is needed.

My son keeps breaking the front bumper mount. The plastic is rather brittle compared to tamiya or xray cars. I was hoping the xray part would fit but they were not a exact match.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Thank you everyone. I searched TQracing again with "pivot pin" and it came up.
TQ search engine is harder to use than other hobby stores' as it wants exact consecutive words. For example, the description TQ listed is "Outer pivot pin". If I search for "outer pin" it doesn't come up. The products don't seem to have tag words either. TQ has great inventory and A+ customer service but their search engine is the limiting factor of their business.
Ed, thanks for the suggestion.

I changed the search function, hope it helps.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Yes 48p.
No. No adapter is needed.

My son keeps breaking the front bumper mount. The plastic is rather brittle compared to tamiya or xray cars. I was hoping the xray part would fit but they were not a exact match.
Can you boil the bumper to soften it?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

^^^^^^^ that right there is what I love to see. That's how you get life long customers. I will be placing an order for a specR and some other things Thursday morning

So what are the common upgrades for the s1? Is there anything that's bushed that need bearing, I remember reading something about the ball studs? Sorry everyone I don't know why but rctech and my phone just dot get along and the search function just doesn't work.
I understand that it may not be nessecary right off the bat to upgrade but I sold a few little things on here and will have a little extra for some good parts

Last edited by VenturaDC; 07-04-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

^^^^^^^ that right there is what I love to see. That's how you get life long customers. I will be placing an order for a specR and some other things Thursday morning

So what are the common upgrades for the s1? Is there anything that's bushed that need bearing, I remember reading something about the ball studs? Sorry everyone I don't know why but rctech and my phone just dot get along and the search function just doesn't work.
I understand that it may not be nessecary right off the bat to upgrade but I sold a few little things on here and will have a little extra for some good parts
No upgrades needed and the car has a complete set of ball bearings.

You might consider the center mount steering servo holder and the red alloy cooling fan holder is nice. Perhaps the sway bar set. The new alloy center pulley set is also nice, just pricey.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Most of us replaced the ballcups with these. Otherwise what SteveM suggests is worth a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.