Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rod the TRF and the 04 are the same as each other. just the sum parts change. The 414 gives you the flexibility of roll changes etc.
The bad thing will be if the track is open the 1 tooth will hurt you bad . Last year the straight was the entire width of the track and you needed the roll-out. The tracks for the most part are pretty open and flowing so there is not the penalty of hairpins turns to slow you much.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Just a thought from an oldtimer, have any of you tried dynoing one of these closed endbell motors backwards? They used to run better that way.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

ah, I see lol, my mistake, didn't know that was one of the rules. Sorry!

on another note. The time has come, I ran my qualifying for the state champion ship today and i'm sad to say I couldn't get the car to perform, I was 3 seconds down from the faster cars and just couldn't seem to keep up, my motor was over heating continuosly and i couldn't stop it no matter what ratio. I'm pleading to you all, I have 2 more qualifyier tomorrow that I can still get into the final. Give me some advice!!! I finished 24th out of 27 racers, and i got beaten by an TA03!!!!!!!!

I'm sad to say that if it doesn't improve tomorrow, the car is up for sale.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hawker
I finished 24th out of 27 racers, and i got beaten by an TA03!!!!!!!!

So does that mean you'll get a TA03

Izzy's right. The Tamiya Fashion Police would have me incarcerated if I were to not cut along the trim lines.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by hawker
ah, I see lol, my mistake, didn't know that was one of the rules. Sorry!

on another note. The time has come, I ran my qualifying for the state champion ship today and i'm sad to say I couldn't get the car to perform, I was 3 seconds down from the faster cars and just couldn't seem to keep up, my motor was over heating continuosly and i couldn't stop it no matter what ratio. I'm pleading to you all, I have 2 more qualifyier tomorrow that I can still get into the final. Give me some advice!!! I finished 24th out of 27 racers, and i got beaten by an TA03!!!!!!!!

If the motor is that bad it is probably used up... you should hurry up and get yourself a new motor, and break it in as quickly as possible before the next round!!

BTW: if you can't get an 04 to at least preform reasonably well then there are 2 logical reasons...... your other equiptment is crap (motor, batts, speedo) or your driver and crew cheif need to set-up/drive the car a little better.....
Old 10-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah the batteries are a little questionable but are doing alright and I haven't changed a lot of the stock setup up because it handles fine at the moment. I've gone through 2 motors so I'm not sure where to go, i'm going to the track no to fine tune with some mates so i'll see what happens
Old 10-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hawker-How did everything go??

I got to practice a little with my 04R this weekend... ahhh feels just like it used to, now I just need to get the worn parts replaced and add a little more "spank" to the motor, I was undergeared by 5 teeth!!!LOL
Old 10-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

after much swearing and frustration I managed to finally get some speed, however, it was a matter of too little to late, I ended up 2nd in the C final, however with one or two more qualifiers, I may have made it into the B or maybe even the A, but it was a much better race day, i had the tires trued and talked to some other 04 drivers who were also having speed problems and we sorted most of it out. so it was gettting better just not quick enough

ah well, was a good day, but i think i'll give the 04 another chance, unfortunately I may have to sell soon though as I'll be getting ladder battery packs and as we all know they don't mix too well lol
Old 10-31-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Yeeeesh...just finished blowing out all the bearings and freeing up the drivetrain on the TA04. It's real nice until I put the belts on talk about getting bound up. I was playing bass guitar with the belt as a string and some Nirvana in the background.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TA04 TRF 4 SALE

Hey guys,

time as come, i've posted my TA04 TRF for sale in the Australian Forums, $300AUD, no electronics, wheels, shell or motor.

matt
Old 10-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Yeeeesh...just finished blowing out all the bearings and freeing up the drivetrain on the TA04. It's real nice until I put the belts on talk about getting bound up. I was playing bass guitar with the belt as a string and some Nirvana in the background.
Rod try getting old non aramid fiber belts from the cheap ta04's I got one from Kevin but I am not sure if it is stretch enough for you. I have tried the WD40 trick with no luck. Those belts are really tuff.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the offer izzy. Guess what I just dug up? One of my 414's and it has a pretty loose belt. Man this one feels like butter compared to the one I just finished soaking in wd40 for days. Nothing beats the 414's belts after months of running stock and modified to loosen things up. Now all I gotta do is perform a transplant and I'll be set.

Also, remember how I was cb'ing about how the modena and 26mm tires are a tight fit? I may have stumbled across something...yeah baby yeah! Too bad TA might get rained out tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Thanks for the offer izzy. Guess what I just dug up? One of my 414's and it has a pretty loose belt. Man this one feels like butter compared to the one I just finished soaking in wd40 for days. Nothing beats the 414's belts after months of running stock and modified to loosen things up. Now all I gotta do is perform a transplant and I'll be set.

Also, remember how I was cb'ing about how the modena and 26mm tires are a tight fit? I may have stumbled across something...yeah baby yeah! Too bad TA might get rained out tomorrow.
Rod,

I used the "hop-up" belts on my 04 for the Nats. The key is the duration...I thru them in a zip lock bag sprayed w/WD40 for at least a week. I have more info. about the run-in once installed . Shoot me an e-mail and I'll share.

JC
Old 11-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Rod looks like you guys get the Skyline there we had the Sub Rally car. What 3 weeks to go mmmmmm 11 hours on the plane.

D
Old 11-03-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

To all the 414 and 04 driver/owner: What are the difference between the 414 and the 04? Since they are both belt drive which one is a better kit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.