Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have my Tc4 in the forsale section , selling it $130shipped to the first to send money by tomorrow night. Go check it out if you haven't already
Old 01-19-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TVBR_Wacked
Hello, i just purchased the factory team kit should received it in a few days, my question is do you all have any suggestion in the asemembly process?

Thank you

Wacked

You can read that:

http://home.sc.rr.com/mlufaso/rc/FTTC4/index.html
Old 01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default droop

hello,
i need some info if somebody would want to help me out.i was thinking of getting a ft tc4..i was going to trade my rdx off for one.....now with droop on that car i set it up by backing droop screws all the way out.then do the same with shock collars..then set my ride height at 4mm all the way around..then i take my ride height gage starting with the front i use the 5.5mm then take droop screw down just untill the tire comes off the board..then vack it down untill it hits the table again..i do that both sides...then in the back i do the same procedure but i use the 6.0mm on the gage....i am start by using 59mm tires..then as my tires ware i then decrease droop..as to my knowledge doing this way will give me 1.5 of droop in the back and 1.0 of droop in the fron...

so my question is that when i look at a set-up off the associated site and it says 5 for droop in the front and 4 for the back...how do i measure that..?

i guess thats all...hope that i didnt make it sound to cunfusing...i am still trying to learn how to...and understand the droop things and how it works...

thanks guys,
matt morris
Old 01-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
hello,
i need some info if somebody would want to help me out.i was thinking of getting a ft tc4..i was going to trade my rdx off for one.....now with droop on that car i set it up by backing droop screws all the way out.then do the same with shock collars..then set my ride height at 4mm all the way around..then i take my ride height gage starting with the front i use the 5.5mm then take droop screw down just untill the tire comes off the board..then vack it down untill it hits the table again..i do that both sides...then in the back i do the same procedure but i use the 6.0mm on the gage....i am start by using 59mm tires..then as my tires ware i then decrease droop..as to my knowledge doing this way will give me 1.5 of droop in the back and 1.0 of droop in the fron...

so my question is that when i look at a set-up off the associated site and it says 5 for droop in the front and 4 for the back...how do i measure that..?

i guess thats all...hope that i didnt make it sound to cunfusing...i am still trying to learn how to...and understand the droop things and how it works...

thanks guys,
matt morris
Save yourself all that trouble and just use the included droop gauge. Makes life much easier!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Matt that is with the Associated Droop guage.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

The manual shows you how to do it with the gauge that comes with the car. If you buy the kit - you'll understand when you assemble it.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
hello,

thanks guys,
matt morris

How you check droop is repeatable on any tire size, and is the best way to do it IF you check your droop and tire size every run (foams/carpet). The 5 and 4 mentioned is measured using the AE droop gauge, and are starting points, as the tires wear the 5 and 4 settings will need to be changed for a similar feel from pack to pack. Team drivers include these numbers on their setup sheets, but it is important to test for yourself. There is/was a setup sheet on the AE site where one team driver had four different readings on each corner of the car for droop. He likely checked droop AFTER the run, OR those settings were the results of twisting on the droop screws a bit each run to get the car to feel the way he wanted it too, and those were the subsequent numbers. Either way, be consistent and keep records of what does and doesnt work.

- DaveW
Old 01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The way you check droop with the TC4 (and the way they are indicated by the setup sheets is the following)

You must use the associated droop gauge.
1.Use the flat part next to the step increments with the numbers on the gauge and set i against the bottom of the chassis.
2.The step increments must be facing towards the outside of the arm, rest the outside part of the a arm (near the hinge pin) on the number desired.
3.Turn the set screw adjustment to make sure that the arm comes down exactly to the point of contact with the droop gauge.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

BTW, droop is not affected by tire size whatsoever.

The "feel' that you are trying to achieve the same is due to the fact that as a tire wears down, there is less sidewall flex, by Adding droop you increase traction and body roll (to a degree) at each independent end.

Just trying to be explanatory on DaveW comments, if read wrong, they might be confusing.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
It isn't affected, per se, by tire size but it IS affected by adjustments in ride height that allow for CHANGE in tire size.

If your tires wear you need to (effectively) increase ride height to maintain the ride height you desire. This is especially true if you run close to the minimum ride height. As you "increase" that ride height you are decreasing the amount of droop as the screws are getting closer to their contact points.

This is a non-issue during a given race day if you set your initial ride height at some number where you do not fall below the minimum ride height in the course of the day. In such a situation (what I prefer to do) you are correct and your droop is not affected UNTIL you set your ride height for the next race day.

Then again, I may be all at sea...

Scottrik
Old 01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The "feel' that you are trying to achieve the same is due to the fact that as a tire wears down, there is less sidewall flex, by Adding droop you increase traction and body roll (to a degree) at each independent end.

Just trying to be explanatory on DaveW comments, if read wrong, they might be confusing.
I'm not sure how your droop is not affected by tire wear. As the tire gets smaller you loose ride height. IF you adjust you shock collars to raise your ride height you droop does change. I normally keep my droop 1mm about what my normal ride height is. 5mm ride height plus 1mm op droop/uptravel. If I loose right height and adjust for that and don't adjust my droop screws I will no longer keep the same amount of droop/uptravel and my car will essentially not handle the same.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Interesting. So you mean to say, that as a tire gets smaller, and you then have to readjust rideheight to maintain proper rideheight, that your droop settings do NOT need to be adjusted to maintain the previous setting? Just checking to be sure you typed that properly.

As a matter of fact, in this scenario, your droop screws would then be CLOSER to the chassis, and they WOULD need to be adjusted in order to maintain the previous settings. As tires wear (foams/carpet, as mentioned above), the chassis gets closer to the track, you then raise rideheight to maintain proper rideheight, moving the chassis UP, and the arms go DOWN. This places the droop screws CLOSER to the chassis. This would in fact change your previous droop setting. So you would HAVE to adjust the droop screws as tires wear to maintain a droop setting of particular value... even IF it is set with OR without the AE droop gauge.

I could get detailed if you so desire.

- DaveW
Old 01-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
I'm not sure how your droop is not affected by tire wear. As the tire gets smaller you loose ride height. IF you adjust you shock collars to raise your ride height you droop does change. I normally keep my droop 1mm about what my normal ride height is. 5mm ride height plus 1mm op droop/uptravel. If I loose right height and adjust for that and don't adjust my droop screws I will no longer keep the same amount of droop/uptravel and my car will essentially not handle the same.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default droop

so if i read everything right im am to actually set ride height first...then set droop by using the ae gage.or as wyd said run 1mm of droop/uptravel over ride height.as my tires ware then i will have to ofcourse adjust ride height for i would have to screw down the droop screws to get the same feel....i will just have to keep tabs on how i do it..

thx,
matt
Old 01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i suggest you keep note of what droop works for certain mm of tires. the droop is supposed to be set with your shocks taken off. the arm will move freely. if you have stabilizers, they are supposed to be taken off also when setting the droop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.