Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=daleburr;8598398]I'm surprised you feel the need to buy additional parts to change the setup. The only parts I've changed are the shock springs to something a bit stiffer (the kit ones are okay if grip is very low). Even the team drivers only change the springs and fit a stiffer front roll-bar (which Demon have got in stock). What handling issues are you having, and what surface do you race on?

If you're struggling for spares because you've broken stuff, then AMain have got most stuff in stock, which will take a couple of weeks to the UK. Not ideal, but better than waiting a month:

it's the camber links to get the shorter setting's and the 6deg caster blocks, these items are on most of the set ups.
i'm just being a bit mardy to be fair i love my car and would not swop it, i'm taking to ardent race way in the morning to see if i can get it right for me, had a bad night with it tonight, no back end grip i'm using Olly Jefferies Kick Energy setup.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=muststopcrashin;8601273]
Originally Posted by daleburr
I'm surprised you feel the need to buy additional parts to change the setup. The only parts I've changed are the shock springs to something a bit stiffer (the kit ones are okay if grip is very low). Even the team drivers only change the springs and fit a stiffer front roll-bar (which Demon have got in stock). What handling issues are you having, and what surface do you race on?

If you're struggling for spares because you've broken stuff, then AMain have got most stuff in stock, which will take a couple of weeks to the UK. Not ideal, but better than waiting a month:

it's the camber links to get the shorter setting's and the 6deg caster blocks, these items are on most of the set ups.
i'm just being a bit mardy to be fair i love my car and would not swop it, i'm taking to ardent race way in the morning to see if i can get it right for me, had a bad night with it tonight, no back end grip i'm using Olly Jefferies Kick Energy setup.
What tires you running? Try kevins setup off the site tons of rear traction
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Right now your best bet is calling Associated direct.
I called Associated about a 4 days ago and it was hassel free to have two bulk heads sent to me for free. Since there not available thats the best way to go.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

How do I free up the turnbuckles eyelets? Body reamer?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
How do I free up the turnbuckles eyelets? Body reamer?
Squeeze them with pliers after you snap them on the ball stud.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Initiate

i'm running 28's, i think it may just be my driving last night i was very off not feeling to good , so off testing now so will see what happens, if it wont work like this, i will do kevins set up.

what shock pistons can i use as i don't have any of these blanks he use's?
is there 1 in the kit close?
Old 02-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Stick with Olly's setup for Ardent. If you haven't got 6* hubs use the 4* but without the dive on the front arms i.e run the '0' blocks all round. If you can't run silver springs all round use the green ones.

I had to compromise with the above at the BRCA winter nats, and the car was spot on.

Remember to flip the top deck at Ardent, it's a must do mod!

Use the #2 piston.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

i got the caster blocks on today, the car ran like dream, olly's set up made the car so easy to drive just hope it will work at my club track as well, it was defo my driving last night and last week, do you know were i can get the 35mm turn buckles from? they seem to be out of stock everywhere , i shorted the standard ones to fit for now but want to proper things.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

folks, I am about to get this car, is there anything that I need to buy to build the car except tool set ??
Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Tech Initiate

check this out it'll save you some time.
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/new...iew=0000001651
Old 02-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by muststopcrashin
i got the caster blocks on today, the car ran like dream, olly's set up made the car so easy to drive just hope it will work at my club track as well, it was defo my driving last night and last week, do you know were i can get the 35mm turn buckles from? they seem to be out of stock everywhere , i shorted the standard ones to fit for now but want to proper things.
Great Stuff! Where did you get the blocks from?

For the turnbuckles I'm just using some random Lunsford ones I found in my spares box. Sure they're silver but nevermind!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

I ordered them about 3 weeks ago and they came sat morning, off a friend that deals with CML.
I got myself booked in on the tc6 workshop as well, i've ordered some more links so i hope i'll get them soon.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

It's a really good idea that workshop. Shame Ardent is a little too far for me. I think we'd all be grateful if you could share what you learn on here.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

will do mate, what is it about 1.5 hours for you, i think its worth the trip my be?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

After being real frustrated with the poor spare part availability on the Hb TCX I just got me a TC6.

Well, first of all I Love the Blue Colour of the Car

Had the first Rollout last Saturday on our small Indoor Track with High Grip carpet. Running LRP X12 5,0T Octa, Sorex 28 Tires and the Standard Setup I experienced Traction Roll right from the beginning. A few little modifications later the Car handled pretty well. Was able to beet my best TCX time on the second run, and more important was able to run more consistent. Car had lots of front grip and the back was rock solid. Worked a little bit on the Ackermann which made the Car even more agressiv but still "easy" to drive. Only major modification so far was running Yokomo Pink/Blue Springs, just love them !

Looking forward for the weekend to try some of the Setups and the Yokomo Gear Diff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.