Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

K.Hebert managed a 9.38second lap versus Volker's 9.36second fastlap.... Not bad at all from this Car ....
Old 10-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Associated's facebook page called it a 6.2 in the picture so i am guessing so.

They look like Yokomo springs unless they are going to bring out a new spring range as well ?

Do i order a Yokomo next week like i was planning or do i wait ? decisions decisions
Old 10-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shokwaverider
As mentioned I am looking for suggestions. 190mm or 180mm or 200mm? Which is the best fit for TC6.1 Painted Bodies?
I bought my display from Franks Bodies on ebay (USA), very good quality finish, so 190mm or 200mm is fine for display purposes:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/franksbodies...1&_ipg=&_from=
Old 10-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
Associated's facebook page called it a 6.2 in the picture so i am guessing so.

They look like Yokomo springs unless they are going to bring out a new spring range as well ?

Do i order a Yokomo next week like i was planning or do i wait ? decisions decisions
If I observed it right they even used Yokomo shocks (or new ones?). So the difference between BD7 and TC7 (now it is clear why they call it TC6.2) is very small. Doesn't matter which one you choose it will be a excellent car!

I for my self drove a Mi5 today and was disturbed in my AE-fanboy behaviour The Mi5 gives a much better feedback considering the limit and turns in the middle of the corner much better. In the end (same rules and electronics) the laptimes are nearly equal, maybe with a little advantage (hundreds of a second) for the Schumacher. What was surprising also was how easy the car was to drive on the limit. I thought my TC6.1WC was easy to drive...

I am working on the TC6.X setup since 2010, but my car was never that easy to drive and gave so much feedback. The next weeks I have to work hard on the setup to bring my car to life!

What do you guys do to make it turn in the middle?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shokwaverider
Can someone please point me in the direction of a source for a reasonably priced good painted Body shell for my tc6.1 WC. I have done a pro build on a new TC6.1 and it is just perfect in every way. (I am an engineer so you can guarantee no stripped threads etc.) All setups are currently stock. I am waiting on delivery of a 13.5T Motor, ESC, wheels etc. and just need a nice Body shell for display cabinet presentation purposes. I am not a painter so it must be painted. I would prefer a sporty type car like an NSX, Lotus, Porsche or such. I assume I must have a 190mm body at least (Is this true or will a 180mm fit?). This is my first TC6 so any help with body sizes etc. will be appreciated.
Call Brian at http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...-painting.html he can do anything you like. Definitely show quality.
He's done these for me. Great work.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11825919-post321.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10788081-post267.html
Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

okay okay okay I can't wait no more when are they going to bust out the mysterious TC6.2
Old 10-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

This forum is crazy long and i haven't been able to find the answer with the search option so I'm about to pull the trigger on TC6.1 and I have already ordered a Tekin RS GEN2 and 17.5 BL. What is a good servo for this car and what other "must have" upgrades and what are common wear down/break parts?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
This forum is crazy long and i haven't been able to find the answer with the search option so I'm about to pull the trigger on TC6.1 and I have already ordered a Tekin RS GEN2 and 17.5 BL. What is a good servo for this car and what other "must have" upgrades and what are common wear down/break parts?
Servo http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRWS8 must have http://www.ppdbillet.com/dial-a-grip.htm
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If you can, hold off a few more weeks until AE announces the release of the next model. While the 6.1 is a good car, it has many high wear/prone to failure, plastic parts. It seems as though they're gonna have some of that sorted out with the new car. Otherwise, my list of "must have" spares, would be long.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Questions?? New to on road

Originally Posted by R Doyel
If you can, hold off a few more weeks until AE announces the release of the next model. While the 6.1 is a good car, it has many high wear/prone to failure, plastic parts. It seems as though they're gonna have some of that sorted out with the new car. Otherwise, my list of "must have" spares, would be long.
Though I tend to get the latest and greatest, this will be my first shot at on road so I'm not trying to break the bank with this car. The going price is around $370, what is the chance that the new model will be in the same price range?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That Dial o Grip looks like a great idea. Are you using it?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R Doyel
The "new" car was being driven at the IIC by about 4 team drivers. Release date is still TBD but expected to be early winter.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Though I tend to get the latest and greatest, this will be my first shot at on road so I'm not trying to break the bank with this car. The going price is around $370, what is the chance that the new model will be in the same price range?
The TC6 usually is a reasonably priced car. I don't anticipate them jacking the price up on this one. Being a lower cost than other models has always been its best feature. I'm thinking some of the changes to this car will eliminate some of the more costly upgrades needed (in my opinion) for the 6.1. Hopefully some other folks will chime in. In all honesty, for 17.5, the 6.1 is the best car I've had. It's in mod where the car's weaknesses have been more obvious to me.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nsgland
That Dial o Grip looks like a great idea. Are you using it?
The Dial a Grips are the best thing that I'v bought for the car. They have been on TC6,TC6.1 and now the TC6.1WC still work great.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My sources tell me the new car will be available before years end and target price will be 410 to 420 dollars US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.