Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I have just finished my Tc6 build and have a 6 screws missing and 2 of my Roll-bar ballstuds did not have the Hex in them !
A little dissapointed with a kit of this price bracket.
Shock are a major major improvement over the Tc5's and i'm so happy now i have more electronics space.

I just hope the car drives better than it built !
Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Here's a couple of pictures of my complete car ! Sorry about the quality the camera was just about to die!

Old 12-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone else have problems viewing the PDF's from the AE site with a Mac or iPhone ?
All the PDF's are missing pictures and sections....???
Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

They work on my Mac book pro!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DJG24
They work on my Mac book pro!
Ummmm
Thats strange !
I can't get them to work on my iMac, MBP or my iPhone....??!?

Weird !
Old 12-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

I get them on my phone too but I have an Android phone.

I must say, I like the car but there were a few things I was not thrilled with. I dont care for the tiny 2.5mm screws that hold the spur in. I think its more of a problem with the aluminum shaft that they screw into. Seems hard to get them out and change spurs. Also my center pulleys would not fit all the way onto the spur adaptor. when I popped the e-clip in to hold it together the whole assembly got real tight. Had to do a little resizing to get it free.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default whats the deal with the 1 off side hole?

Hey Keven,

Finally got my 2 TC6 cars... got one build and running last night with something close to your setup on it. The only real difference currently is I am running Losi #57's instead of your custom piston inserts.

Thanks for the fantastic starting point!

I just got the blank inserts I ordered and I am going to try some of your 1x1x1.5mm deals next week to see the difference..... BUT I was wondering what the logic is behind running the different sized holes in that configuration, rather then making all the holes evenly sized (like half way between @1.25mm), or a configuration with 2 holes of each size....

Wouldnt the difference in flow/pressure cause the piston to bind with its preference to the biggest holes side?

What should I notice in comparison to the Losi57s?

Thanks again for sharing all this great information,
-b
Old 12-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default RE:overall shock length

Anyone has any idea what the overall shock length should be?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3nitro
Does anyone else have problems viewing the PDF's from the AE site with a Mac or iPhone ?
All the PDF's are missing pictures and sections....???
Yeah...I'm having that same problem on an iPad. It looks as if it's viewing an indd file instead of a PDF for some reason.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joech
Say it isn't so Joe.

Blue of a different colour.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joech
Mine are 61.7mm with the ballcups threaded all the way in to the shock shafts
Old 12-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twk-b
Hey Keven,

Finally got my 2 TC6 cars... got one build and running last night with something close to your setup on it. The only real difference currently is I am running Losi #57's instead of your custom piston inserts.

I just got the blank inserts I ordered and I am going to try some of your 1x1x1.5mm deals next week to see the difference..... BUT I was wondering what the logic is behind running the different sized holes in that configuration, rather then making all the holes evenly sized (like half way between @1.25mm), or a configuration with 2 holes of each size....

Wouldnt the difference in flow/pressure cause the piston to bind with its preference to the biggest holes side?

-b

- Hi,

I have been running these piston since the last asphalt race we had at a very high grip track.

To me it felt like those pistons did not let the car roll as much as a 57 althought on the bench it actually feels like a 56. It packs more and when the grip is high, it seems to make the car a little more responsive and easier to drive.

Hope this helps
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Started my build Friday night and hoping to complete it by Saturday night to race on Sunday. I ran into a little problem, one of the holes on the bulkhead (one that is mounted to the chassis) is drilled and taped to big, you can push and pull the 3mm screw in and out of the hole. The second thing was one of the CVA coupler hole was not drilled straight, when I tighten the set screw on the CVA cross pin, it binds on the CVA Bone.

The rest of the build went together just fine, looking forward to racing the NEW car!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was not running these pistons until the indoor champs. I will say that this combo works very well with high traction. I was skeptical at first thinking how could one hole make a difference, But then i did it and put the car on the track and the car felt like it stayed flatter and was easier for me to drive, I picked up almost .1 or more per lap with this change alone over losi 57's.

Right now i am very happy with the car, Since i have not been running TC very much let alone rubber tires, to post the same fast laps as keven and paul but with more mistakes on my part lol, Tells you the car is very good. I hope to get better and be able to compete with them very soon.

Mike

Originally Posted by twk-b
Hey Keven,

-b
Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone have a P/N for the blank pistons so I can drill my own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.