Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Battery strap..

What are you guys opinion on this? Shouldn't cause any tweak issues or raise the battery to hight should it?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...PSA-Strap-Blue
Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cleblanc
What are you guys opinion on this? Shouldn't cause any tweak issues or raise the battery to hight should it?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...PSA-Strap-Blue
Might be tight and rubbing on the belt.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
Might be tight and rubbing on the belt.
Yeah, good call on that. Forgot about the belt bein that close
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by duggyload
Hi all
I have a tc6 with rick Howarth low-medium grip asphalt (Jackson r/c) (mod) setup
Only difference is Front blue hpi spring 40 oil and rear FWD arm mount is 0B to give a little kick down and 4 deg caster instead of 6
The car handles great
I copied the exact same setup onto the 6.1 and the car has way to much steering going into a corner and not enough steering mid to exit it also looses the rear end if you change direction left to right to left
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Bump
Old 01-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Got an awesome price on a 6.1 on vacation in Hong Kong. So far the only real issue is one of the ball studs doesn't have a proper hex. Also, there seems to be a bit of slop in a couple hinge pins. I don't have my caliper with me to measure them, though. All the bulkhead threads seem to be fine and the CVDs are nice and free.

Strangely, my CVD bones are magnetized.

-Mike
Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Bump
Try adding a little more rear toe. I run 1°more rear toe on my 6.1 compared to my 6 to get the same feel. I think its the thicker arms(less flex).
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Bump
More toe would as said above, you can also take out the 2mm shim on the front knuckle, or you can go to 1A camber link on the rear of the car. or go to 0B or3A on the arm mounts in the rear
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Try adding a little more rear toe. I run 1°more rear toe on my 6.1 compared to my 6 to get the same feel. I think its the thicker arms(less flex).
Originally Posted by racing_jason
More toe would as said above, you can also take out the 2mm shim on the front knuckle, or you can go to 1A camber link on the rear of the car. or go to 0B or3A on the arm mounts in the rear
Thanks will give this a try this weekend
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tc6

Is anyone willing to sell a tc6 rtr for 13.5 class? Just need the roller esc motor servo and probably a lipo. I have all the other essentials like receiver charger tires etc just need a car now. If so how much?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elery
Is anyone willing to sell a tc6 rtr for 13.5 class? Just need the roller esc motor servo and probably a lipo. I have all the other essentials like receiver charger tires etc just need a car now. If so how much?
I have a TC6 Roller if your interested, light use. $200.00 PM me if interested.

Mike
Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tc6

will pm you soon.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by turbodog
Your first post you say price not an issue-can't be a valid arguement. Why!? in my opinion, price is a huge part of this, in the kit price and the price of parts- AE are way cheaper. If the cars are equal on the track, why not buy the cheaper car? The more money I save on the car, the more I can spend on other go fast stuff!
+1...I can run an AE cheaper at full retail than an Xray with at least 35% discount,In todays current climate this counts big in my book for the club driver!!
One things for sure In this part of the world I can go to any strange track carpet or Tarmac with one or two of my favored set ups knowing the car will be easy to drive,stable and not far off the pace just needing some minor adjustments and importantly a stress free fun day!! ....I honestly cant say that for some other current makes I have played with.....And compared to some makes/teams here in the UK the club driver can rest assured that what he buys is what the top drivers are using...not some hybrid or development.

So what if there's a little slop in the C hubs,TBH ive run them tight and hav'nt noticed a difference...A little "active" castor wont hurt.LOL...All makes have minor issues,when it come to this the AE aint bad at all!

Last edited by lesbaldry; 01-18-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:06 AM
psr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lesbaldry
+1...I can run an AE cheaper at full retail than an Xray with at least 35% discount, this counts big in my book and current climate!!
One things for sure In this part of the world I can go to any strange track carpet or Tarmac with one or two of my favored set ups knowing the car will be easy to drive,stable and not far off the pace just needing some minor adjustments and importantly a stress free fun day!! ....I honestly cant say that for some other makes I have played with.....And compared to some makes/teams here in the UK the club driver can rest assured that what he buys is what the top drivers are using...not some hybrid or development.

So what if there's a little slop in the C hubs,TBH ive run them tight and hav'nt noticed a difference...A little "active" castor wont hurt.LOL...All makes have minor issues,when it come to this the AE aint bad at all!
all theses points are not founded we all know that the s411 and t3 are far better package than the tc6 its a shame realy ae cant get it together in this stake

no point buyinng a car that is always behing the pace
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psr
all theses points are not founded we all know that the s411 and t3 are far better package than the tc6 its a shame realy ae cant get it together in this stake

no point buyinng a car that is always behing the pace
Do you own a TC6?? I have had 8+ Xrays and 4 TC5 / TC6 / TC6.1 variations. The Xray's are second to none in build quality, but the issues on the TC6 are so minor their barely worth mentioning. Not to mention that for the cost differences, the TC6 is the hands down winner. And unless you like buying a new chassis every year like clockwork, avoid the Xray. That's their MO.

I quit buying Xrays mainly because I hated buying a new car every year to stay current (It was a mental thing with me - I always want the latest and greatest ). I am just as fast or faster with the TC6, the parts are wayyy cheaper and easier to get.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

any estimate as to when the spool outdrives will be available to the public?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.