Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default flame if you must, then help!

I just picked up a used TC6, that I'm planning to run 21.5T, on vintage Hpi rubbers. Any recommendations on servos & esc.

I was thinking about another Tekin rs.

Lastly has anyone tried the transam body from protoform.

Last edited by Walter Johnson; 01-19-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: giving up on link
Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hi Les,

The new car should work ok with a 6 setup but you may need to make a few minor changes like stated. For me the 6.1 had more steering so I had to make few adjustement to get rid of steering which is a good thing since we are 80% of the time looking for more steering ! toe can be one and also no anti dive was another. Hope this helps
can you please tell which minor adjustment will we need for 6.1 please?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walter Johnson
I just picked up a used TC6, that I'm planning to run 21.5T, on vintage Hpi rubbers. Any recommendations on servos & esc.

I was thinking about another Tekin rs.

Lastly has anyone tried the transam body from protoform.
If it is blinky 21.5, I'd recommend the Speed Passion Cirtix. It's smooth as butter! The Tekin is a great ESC, but I just like the throttle feel of the SP waaay better. As for servos.... what's your budget?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cwoods34
If it is blinky 21.5, I'd recommend the Speed Passion Cirtix. It's smooth as butter! The Tekin is a great ESC, but I just like the throttle feel of the SP waaay better. As for servos.... what's your budget?
budget for the servo, I feel like around 100 is reasonable.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
psr
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
That was the exact post. LOL. Wouldnt take his professional opinion too seriously

Sure, the t3 and s411 are good cars. Is the tc6/6.1 good as well, hell yes.
well actull i was asking what brands of batteries not what brand the car is the was saying its a t3 what batts to suit its hard not knowin what brand of car when it written all over box and manuals

just for thr record i havent driven a 6 yet but haved raced the tc5 tc3 t3 tcx trf this was before the lipo revelution i can tell you im a ae boy thru and thru but so disapointef at the tc5 i cant see the tc6 being quicker than the t3 but i can only hope yes its cheeper but whats the point buying a car cherper but it being slower on the track
Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default 6.1 Book Setup

Just built a 6.1 and am wondering what you all thought of the book setup for carpet. I did not have much of a chance to practice with the new car (never had a TC6) so first race night was pretty ugly. Lots of oversteer. I assumed the book setup would be more forgiving.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Keven ,Jonesy

Thanks for that at least I can run the 6.1 on Sunday knowing its not going to surprise me..or bite me lol....Droping the arm mounts a little seems to make sence,I normally run 2.5deg rear toe in the stock classes indoors or out so Ill take your advice and add a little more Rear toe too just to be safe,this should help ease the "extra steering"

Droop was a bit fiddly to get right with the thicker arms.Due to the angle of the arm for carpet droop my lousy eye sight made it harder to find a good gauge contact point..I had to go back to messured up lift till I sussed out the difference,about -1mm I think?

Cheers Les

Last edited by lesbaldry; 01-20-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by psr
well actull i was asking what brands of batteries not what brand the car is the was saying its a t3 what batts to suit its hard not knowin what brand of car when it written all over box and manuals

just for thr record i havent driven a 6 yet but haved raced the tc5 tc3 t3 tcx trf this was before the lipo revelution i can tell you im a ae boy thru and thru but so disapointef at the tc5 i cant see the tc6 being quicker than the t3 but i can only hope yes its cheeper but whats the point buying a car cherper but it being slower on the track

ROAR region 12 just finished with the TC6 taking the top 4 positions in 17.5 spec which is the popular sedan class at our track. I'm not claiming this car as the best but it's definitely not inferior to any car in the market.

The tc6 is a huge improvement over the tc5!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by psr

If you want a "its faster debate" try else where,if not read on!

For a start theres a world of difference between the tc5 and the tc6.
Also you dont seem to realise like full size some makes can be dominant in different parts of the world or on different tracks,conditions and surfaces,so if you are a "one track wonder" there may well be a make thats a little faster.

One things for sure,having ran my 6 all last season at national and regional level , Ive seen the strong and weak points of all makes on the various track types, not one proved to be consistantly superior!
This coming season may well prove otherwise....we shall see?

How often do we hear of a driver jumping ship to a so called faster make only to drop it soon after...Its down to what suits the individual,.Never Bad mouth any car!....especialy as you have never driven one!!

Bottom line is ive found the 6 gives me confidence that it will hook up well on any track in any conditions.,this gives consistant results...and thats what its all about....being cheaper to maintain is just an added bonus thanks!

Last edited by lesbaldry; 01-20-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBrute_347
Just built a 6.1 and am wondering what you all thought of the book setup for carpet. I did not have much of a chance to practice with the new car (never had a TC6) so first race night was pretty ugly. Lots of oversteer. I assumed the book setup would be more forgiving.
I run 17.5 blinky, rubber tire, on a 100'x50' CRC ozite carpet track and this was my starting setup:
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...slam2_2011.pdf

Differences from the above setup for me are: AE Silver (14.5lb) rear springs, RSD Red (16.5lb) front springs, RSD (1.0/1.0/1.5) shock pistons and soft bladders all around, AE 45wt oil front, AE 35wt oil rear, Rear FWD Mount Shim=1.0mm, AE Front Gear Diff filled with 500K, RevTech 17.5 motor, 100S/47P (64P)=4.26FDR.

Car felt and handled great all day.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by lesbaldry

Bottom line is ive found the 6 gives me confidence that it will hook up well on any track in any conditions.,this gives consistant results...and thats what its all about....being cheaper to maintain is just an added bonus thanks!
Amen brother!!! It's all about setup and driving that makes any car fast. Now, if I can only figure both out and I'd be fast too .

Old 01-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walter Johnson
budget for the servo, I feel like around 100 is reasonable.
id go ofr a savox low profile one, about $60 US

ed
Old 01-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
I run 17.5 blinky, rubber tire, on a 100'x50' CRC ozite carpet track and this was my starting setup:
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...slam2_2011.pdf

Differences from the above setup for me are: AE Silver (14.5lb) rear springs, RSD Red (16.5lb) front springs, RSD (1.0/1.0/1.5) shock pistons and soft bladders all around, AE 45wt oil front, AE 35wt oil rear, Rear FWD Mount Shim=1.0mm, AE Front Gear Diff filled with 500K, RevTech 17.5 motor, 100S/47P (64P)=4.26FDR.

Car felt and handled great all day.
This is real close to my current setup as well...... Little softer on springs and dual ball diffs

Anyone have suggestions for Snowbirds? Just a week away..... Going through the car this weekend....... What springs? Blue front and silver AE rear? What oil? Anyone know what the spec tires will be? Ran oval last year...... First time doing onroad..... With a new car that only has two races on it...... Any help would be great
Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone else notice after boiling their caster blocks that the steering block is a little tight ??

I boiled them before i built it so i have no reference, it moves, just not as free as i would have thought.

I have some tc6 Caster blocks arriving in the post tomorrow, ill try them and see if there is a difference

Beth.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 PM
piper48

Originally Posted by evochick
Anyone else notice after boiling their caster blocks that the steering block is a little tight ??

I boiled them before i built it so i have no reference, it moves, just not as free as i would have thought.

I have some tc6 Caster blocks arriving in the post tomorrow, ill try them and see if there is a difference

Beth.
Someone posted on the previous pages that after boiling, the caster blocks would be tight. I believe that fellow had to sand them down to fit. I've got the TC6 casters in mine and I had to use .015 shim (.38mm) to remove the excess play.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.