R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-29-2016, 12:48 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jlfx car audio
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
11
12
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
15
16
17
18 R.C. TSR T4
19
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
21
22 E.S. motiv T4
23
24
25
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
27
28
29
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
31
32
33
34
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
36
37
38 R.C. TSR A800
39
40 W.S. Reedy
41
42
43 Motiv xray
44
45
46 Motiv Xray
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

Print Wikipost

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #2806
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 1,031
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
Having pit stops plays more into stategy of the race, and not who has the best or fastest car. I have been to UF1 races, and planning "when" to pit has a lot to do with the outcome of the race. With the longer race format, you can overcome mistakes, made early in a run.
why introduce mistakes? having cars abruptly enter the flow of traffic will mess up the race for both drivers involved in the mistake. I see more tempers flare from nitro classes than ANY other class. Not saying that pitting is the root cause but when there is no purpose for a pit, other than to intentionally mess up a persons flow, then I say no thanks, I'll go find another class to race.

If you're gonna pit for nonsense, then make the drivers change out a full set of tires + swap out a battery pack, something useful should be done, hell I'd be fine if you made each driver do the hokey pokey, but staring at a red light is for drag racing, not USGT.

I don't want to win because someone got screwed by another driver leaving the pit, I prefer to win on skill, not dumb luck... which is probably why I don't play slot machines either.

*** EDIT ***

Another concept that has bothered me at one of the local clubs in my area is doing a reverse start for the main based on qual... the only purpose is to disrupt the start and cause mass mayhem... WHY??? This hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not filled with frustration... if you add too many variables that make it less fun for me, then I'm gonna go and find another place to race without the added stress.
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #2807
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
why introduce mistakes? having cars abruptly enter the flow of traffic will mess up the race for both drivers involved in the mistake. I see more tempers flare from nitro classes than ANY other class. Not saying that pitting is the root cause but when there is no purpose for a pit, other than to intentionally mess up a persons flow, then I say no thanks, I'll go find another class to race.

If you're gonna pit for nonsense, then make the drivers change out a full set of tires + swap out a battery pack, something useful should be done, hell I'd be fine if you made each driver do the hokey pokey, but staring at a red light is for drag racing, not USGT.

I don't want to win because someone got screwed by another driver leaving the pit, I prefer to win on skill, not dumb luck... which is probably why I don't play slot machines either.

*** EDIT ***

Another concept that has bothered me at one of the local clubs in my area is doing a reverse start for the main based on qual... the only purpose is to disrupt the start and cause mass mayhem... WHY??? This hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not filled with frustration... if you add too many variables that make it less fun for me, then I'm gonna go and find another place to race without the added stress.
Have fun racing by yourself. I have seen the best drivers in the world lose races because of "dumb luck".
__________________
Goal Achieved....Not Dead Last.
mooby64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #2808
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 628
Default

The pit stops are simply a required interruption. They add a little strategy and a short break for the driver. The UF1 runs them and we have added them to VTA and USGT at the request of the drivers. One of our racers built a system that all the pit person has to do is pick up the car and set it on a special stand. That starts a timer and turns on the pit closed sign. After the specified time he picks up the car and sets it on the track. We locate the pit lane off of the driving line and make it as easy as possible to enter and exit without affecting other traffic. So far incidents have been very rare and maybe that is the quality of our racers.
__________________
www.norcarracing.com
NORCAR @ The Gate
old_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #2809
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Floresville, TX
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
I'm not a fan of the pit stops, if I wanted to do that then I'd run nitro

Here's a better idea, how about you have each driver jog one lap around the track, and make THAT your pit stop!
Bill to make it even I'll jog around the track one lap and you can run one marathon HAHAHA! I did pit stops in offroad because the nitro guys had to stop for fuel and us electric guys didn't, so it sort of evened the playing field. But to have pit stops for the sake of having pit stops - I guess I'm with Bill, what's the point?

But Bill we had better practice pit stops because EOS requires them. However since my entire race team includes me and myself, I hope EOS doesn't do anything too elaborate other than a stop and go.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #2810
Tech Fanatic
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 919
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

We did pit stops in the eos race for vta and usgt, did t care for it much but didn't really affect the outcome either.
b20btec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #2811
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Needless pit stops are idiotic. If you want to have a pit stop, make the race long enough where there is an actual requirement for a pit stop, otherwise it's just retarded.
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #2812
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 1,031
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
Have fun racing by yourself. I have seen the best drivers in the world lose races because of "dumb luck".
no need to be a donkey, I'm giving valid concerns and all you can do is provide insulting emoticons? If you want to change things up, then you might as well have each driver randomly bitch slap the next driver at random times during a race to introduce more "dumb luck" into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20btec View Post
We did pit stops in the eos race for vta and usgt, did t care for it much but didn't really affect the outcome either.
+1

However I did notice at the Texas EOS when one driver in the VTA class had went in for a pit when another driver was already in the pit and that created confusion. Show me where in real world racing that they only allow 1 car to pit at a time??? Even the nitros aren't limited to one car in the pit... seriously... folks need to re-think this flawed concept.

I believe the race organizers were considering to eliminate the pit stop for the remainder of the series (at least for USGT).

Now if you hired a Hooters waitress to staff the pit station, then I might reconsider

Last edited by billdelong; 06-16-2014 at 08:40 AM.
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #2813
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
no need to be a donkey, I'm giving valid concerns and all you can do is provide insulting emoticons? If you want to change things up, then you might as well have each driver randomly bitch slap the next driver at random times during a race to introduce more "dumb luck" into the mix.



+1

However I did notice at the Texas EOS when one driver in the VTA class had went in for a pit when another driver was already in the pit and that created confusion. Show me where in real world racing that they only allow 1 car to pit at a time??? Even the nitros aren't limited to one car in the pit... seriously... folks need to re-think this flawed concept.

I believe the race organizers were considering to eliminate the pit stop for the remainder of the series (at least for USGT).

Now if you hired a Hooters waitress to staff the pit station, then I might reconsider
......by the way....I am an Ass.
__________________
Goal Achieved....Not Dead Last.
mooby64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #2814
Tech Elite
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 2,423
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

In order to have a pit stop, youbwould need a safe place to do so. If your not racing on a track with a pit lane, it could be dangerouse to stop. Even if you pull way out of the driving line, if your not behind a wall of some sort, your open to being hit by another car.

When I ran Ebuggy, I hated having to stop to "make it fair" for the nitro's. I say let the better platform prevail.
__________________
Tamiya EVO 6 with EXOSIX conversion
Tamiya TA07
tamiya box stock Mini (M05)
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #2815
Tech Elite
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 3,289
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
If you want to change things up, then you might as well have each driver randomly bitch slap the next driver at random times during a race to introduce more "dumb luck" into the mix...

Now if you hired a Hooters waitress to staff the pit station, then I might reconsider
I'd be up for combining these two ideas. The Hooters girl gets to randomly bitch-slap each driver once during the race. Or spank.
__________________
Howard Cano
When race results are re-calculated using the IOF (Index Of Fun), I always win.
1993 ROAR 1/8 Pan National Champion
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #2816
Tech Regular
 
AudioStylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 497
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
I'd be up for combining these two ideas. The Hooters girl gets to randomly bitch-slap each driver once during the race. Or spank.
Better supply the rubber gloves, not sure she would like to touch some of these people who race!

As for pit stops, I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as the race is 20+ minutes long with a required battery change.
__________________
Mike Zadler
Associated TC3 VTA & TC6 USGT
Tamiya M-05
AudioStylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #2817
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 1,031
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
I'd be up for combining these two ideas. The Hooters girl gets to randomly bitch-slap each driver once during the race. Or spank.
LOL... we have a winner!

There is definitely something to be said about having distractions on the driver's stand, we have one local racer who bobs and weaves in position, he'll bump into adjacent drivers standing next to him as he emulates "leaning into a corner"... literally. If you didn't know any better, you'd think the guy was slow dancing with his radio in hand, gyrating side to side.
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #2818
Tech Fanatic
 
Rodarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rodarbal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
LOL... we have a winner!

There is definitely something to be said about having distractions on the driver's stand, we have one local racer who bobs and weaves in position, he'll bump into adjacent drivers standing next to him as he emulates "leaning into a corner"... literally. If you didn't know any better, you'd think the guy was slow dancing with his radio in hand, gyrating side to side.
LMAO... I was envisioning Jimmy!
Rodarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #2819
Tech Addict
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Count me in the (apparent) minority who would like to add pit stops. It just adds a new element and strategy to consider while racing. And for me, I think it brings a bit of realism to the race, even though there's no tire changes or "fueling" going on. Stuck behind slower moving traffic and can't get around them cleanly? Take your pit stop early. Clean track ahead? Keep running 'til you come up on traffic and then pit.

Sure, only one car is allowed to pit at a time, unlike real racing. But most real races have way more than just 6-10 cars on the track, too, so it's apples and oranges.

No, pit stops like these are not a perfect science, but I like the idea and would support it.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #2820
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Elyria, Oh
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

We usually run the mains the normal way, but for this race we are using the UF1 format to be different. It's great to everyone's thoughts on the subject.
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion liljohn1064 Electric On-Road 3954 12-04-2016 12:24 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
Drifting mr4tcsdrifter Colorado Racing 2678 11-01-2011 10:34 PM
RC GT Open str8.krooked Colorado Racing 49 04-28-2009 10:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0