Like Tree6277Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
Having pit stops plays more into stategy of the race, and not who has the best or fastest car. I have been to UF1 races, and planning "when" to pit has a lot to do with the outcome of the race. With the longer race format, you can overcome mistakes, made early in a run.
why introduce mistakes? having cars abruptly enter the flow of traffic will mess up the race for both drivers involved in the mistake. I see more tempers flare from nitro classes than ANY other class. Not saying that pitting is the root cause but when there is no purpose for a pit, other than to intentionally mess up a persons flow, then I say no thanks, I'll go find another class to race.

If you're gonna pit for nonsense, then make the drivers change out a full set of tires + swap out a battery pack, something useful should be done, hell I'd be fine if you made each driver do the hokey pokey, but staring at a red light is for drag racing, not USGT.

I don't want to win because someone got screwed by another driver leaving the pit, I prefer to win on skill, not dumb luck... which is probably why I don't play slot machines either.

*** EDIT ***

Another concept that has bothered me at one of the local clubs in my area is doing a reverse start for the main based on qual... the only purpose is to disrupt the start and cause mass mayhem... WHY??? This hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not filled with frustration... if you add too many variables that make it less fun for me, then I'm gonna go and find another place to race without the added stress.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
why introduce mistakes? having cars abruptly enter the flow of traffic will mess up the race for both drivers involved in the mistake. I see more tempers flare from nitro classes than ANY other class. Not saying that pitting is the root cause but when there is no purpose for a pit, other than to intentionally mess up a persons flow, then I say no thanks, I'll go find another class to race.

If you're gonna pit for nonsense, then make the drivers change out a full set of tires + swap out a battery pack, something useful should be done, hell I'd be fine if you made each driver do the hokey pokey, but staring at a red light is for drag racing, not USGT.

I don't want to win because someone got screwed by another driver leaving the pit, I prefer to win on skill, not dumb luck... which is probably why I don't play slot machines either.

*** EDIT ***

Another concept that has bothered me at one of the local clubs in my area is doing a reverse start for the main based on qual... the only purpose is to disrupt the start and cause mass mayhem... WHY??? This hobby is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not filled with frustration... if you add too many variables that make it less fun for me, then I'm gonna go and find another place to race without the added stress.
Have fun racing by yourself. I have seen the best drivers in the world lose races because of "dumb luck".
Old 06-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The pit stops are simply a required interruption. They add a little strategy and a short break for the driver. The UF1 runs them and we have added them to VTA and USGT at the request of the drivers. One of our racers built a system that all the pit person has to do is pick up the car and set it on a special stand. That starts a timer and turns on the pit closed sign. After the specified time he picks up the car and sets it on the track. We locate the pit lane off of the driving line and make it as easy as possible to enter and exit without affecting other traffic. So far incidents have been very rare and maybe that is the quality of our racers.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not a fan of the pit stops, if I wanted to do that then I'd run nitro

Here's a better idea, how about you have each driver jog one lap around the track, and make THAT your pit stop!
Bill to make it even I'll jog around the track one lap and you can run one marathon HAHAHA! I did pit stops in offroad because the nitro guys had to stop for fuel and us electric guys didn't, so it sort of evened the playing field. But to have pit stops for the sake of having pit stops - I guess I'm with Bill, what's the point?

But Bill we had better practice pit stops because EOS requires them. However since my entire race team includes me and myself, I hope EOS doesn't do anything too elaborate other than a stop and go.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We did pit stops in the eos race for vta and usgt, did t care for it much but didn't really affect the outcome either.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Needless pit stops are idiotic. If you want to have a pit stop, make the race long enough where there is an actual requirement for a pit stop, otherwise it's just retarded.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mooby64
Have fun racing by yourself. I have seen the best drivers in the world lose races because of "dumb luck".
no need to be a donkey, I'm giving valid concerns and all you can do is provide insulting emoticons? If you want to change things up, then you might as well have each driver randomly bitch slap the next driver at random times during a race to introduce more "dumb luck" into the mix.

Originally Posted by b20btec
We did pit stops in the eos race for vta and usgt, did t care for it much but didn't really affect the outcome either.
+1

However I did notice at the Texas EOS when one driver in the VTA class had went in for a pit when another driver was already in the pit and that created confusion. Show me where in real world racing that they only allow 1 car to pit at a time??? Even the nitros aren't limited to one car in the pit... seriously... folks need to re-think this flawed concept.

I believe the race organizers were considering to eliminate the pit stop for the remainder of the series (at least for USGT).

Now if you hired a Hooters waitress to staff the pit station, then I might reconsider

Last edited by billdelong; 06-16-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

no need to be a donkey, I'm giving valid concerns and all you can do is provide insulting emoticons? If you want to change things up, then you might as well have each driver randomly bitch slap the next driver at random times during a race to introduce more "dumb luck" into the mix.

+1

However I did notice at the Texas EOS when one driver in the VTA class had went in for a pit when another driver was already in the pit and that created confusion. Show me where in real world racing that they only allow 1 car to pit at a time??? Even the nitros aren't limited to one car in the pit... seriously... folks need to re-think this flawed concept.

I believe the race organizers were considering to eliminate the pit stop for the remainder of the series (at least for USGT).

Now if you hired a Hooters waitress to staff the pit station, then I might reconsider
......by the way....I am an Ass.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

In order to have a pit stop, youbwould need a safe place to do so. If your not racing on a track with a pit lane, it could be dangerouse to stop. Even if you pull way out of the driving line, if your not behind a wall of some sort, your open to being hit by another car.

When I ran Ebuggy, I hated having to stop to "make it fair" for the nitro's. I say let the better platform prevail.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If you want to change things up, then you might as well have each driver randomly bitch slap the next driver at random times during a race to introduce more "dumb luck" into the mix...

I'd be up for combining these two ideas. The Hooters girl gets to randomly bitch-slap each driver once during the race. Or spank.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
I'd be up for combining these two ideas. The Hooters girl gets to randomly bitch-slap each driver once during the race. Or spank.
Better supply the rubber gloves, not sure she would like to touch some of these people who race!

As for pit stops, I wouldn't have a problem with that as long as the race is 20+ minutes long with a required battery change.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by howardcano
LOL... we have a winner!

There is definitely something to be said about having distractions on the driver's stand, we have one local racer who bobs and weaves in position, he'll bump into adjacent drivers standing next to him as he emulates "leaning into a corner"... literally. If you didn't know any better, you'd think the guy was slow dancing with his radio in hand, gyrating side to side.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

LOL... we have a winner!

There is definitely something to be said about having distractions on the driver's stand, we have one local racer who bobs and weaves in position, he'll bump into adjacent drivers standing next to him as he emulates "leaning into a corner"... literally. If you didn't know any better, you'd think the guy was slow dancing with his radio in hand, gyrating side to side.
LMAO... I was envisioning Jimmy!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Count me in the (apparent) minority who would like to add pit stops. It just adds a new element and strategy to consider while racing. And for me, I think it brings a bit of realism to the race, even though there's no tire changes or "fueling" going on. Stuck behind slower moving traffic and can't get around them cleanly? Take your pit stop early. Clean track ahead? Keep running 'til you come up on traffic and then pit.

Sure, only one car is allowed to pit at a time, unlike real racing. But most real races have way more than just 6-10 cars on the track, too, so it's apples and oranges.

No, pit stops like these are not a perfect science, but I like the idea and would support it.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We usually run the mains the normal way, but for this race we are using the UF1 format to be different. It's great to everyone's thoughts on the subject.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.