Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I only race this class as a fun 3rd class because the shells look cool. I certainly don't take it seriously, but things like needless pit stops and especially reversing the grid order just make it a complete joke (not in a good way). What's the point of even running qualifiers? Might as well just turn off the loop and pull names out of a hat.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Count me in the (apparent) minority who would like to add pit stops. It just adds a new element and strategy to consider while racing. And for me, I think it brings a bit of realism to the race, even though there's no tire changes or "fueling" going on. Stuck behind slower moving traffic and can't get around them cleanly? Take your pit stop early. Clean track ahead? Keep running 'til you come up on traffic and then pit.

Sure, only one car is allowed to pit at a time, unlike real racing. But most real races have way more than just 6-10 cars on the track, too, so it's apples and oranges.

No, pit stops like these are not a perfect science, but I like the idea and would support it.
Give This Man a Cigar !!!! Here is someone who "gets" what this style of racing is all about.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The one car in at a time is part of the strategy. First in and first out. We have a pit open/closed sign and the announcer keeps up with the status to boot.
Now that Hooters waitress idea is pretty cool.
As was posted, we only do this at specific races or as requested.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Default Pitting

I would be for Pitting if it was for a reason , like a thirty minute race . Sometimes you should try new things. It might work it might not. 3 heats and a Main gets old sometimes. A couple of years ago The Track I normally run at sometimes would run a 15 min. main . A Small group of people complained . Haven't seen them do it again.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I like the idea of longer mains. Why not use the power wenhave available instead if just 20% or so. I remember the days of struggling to get a 4 min race with a 1500mah ni-cad.

Longer races allow for mistakes to be made and time to recover. They also allow for an already dominate driver to dominate even more. But it also might allow for that dominate driver time to burn up that motor he has cranked out to 60° of timing.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I don't know about these long races. The 8 min triple A's at the last 2 nationals were pretty damn intense and I don't think I could have lasted any longer.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well in that case 8 min is plenty long. I was speaking of a normal club race with 2-3 quals and a main.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would be up for a pit stop if it meant something.

If it were a 20-30 minute race each racer gets a 1 minute pit stop. In 1 minute the racer can do anything like change tires, battery, eat lunch, drink, piss, etc... If he goes beyond a minute, that is his loss. So the strategy is when to do it, what to do, one at a time makes sense as long as the announcer announces open/closed pit. I wouldn't want 5 stop watches running for 5 different stops.

The strategy is what if your car sucks during the main, you could do an early pit to correct it and maybe do a comeback.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I would be up for a pit stop if it meant something.

If it were a 20-30 minute race each racer gets a 1 minute pit stop. In 1 minute the racer can do anything like change tires, battery, eat lunch, drink, piss, etc... If he goes beyond a minute, that is his loss. So the strategy is when to do it, what to do, one at a time makes sense as long as the announcer announces open/closed pit. I wouldn't want 5 stop watches running for 5 different stops.

The strategy is what if your car sucks during the main, you could do an early pit to correct it and maybe do a comeback.
I actually like that idea and it might be a great way to make a bit of an endurance race. One minute would be plenty of time to have a friend change a battery for you in the pits while the driver takes a quick breather, gets some water, whatever. Or the driver could potentially do it himself if he's a good runner.

However, only having one car in the pits at a time could be challenging if each pit stop is 1 minute long. That means for 1/3 to 1/2 the race a car is in the pits. Logistically, that might be tough, but I'm sure it could be worked through.

I'd love to see this.

By the way, Bill mentioned inverted starts at some local tracks, but I'm not sure what he's referring to. Maybe offroad? I haven't seen that at our local onroad races, but I haven't been out in about a month or so. Didn't want people thinking we're doing inverted starts around here.

Tommy
Old 06-17-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
I don't know about these long races. The 8 min triple A's at the last 2 nationals were pretty damn intense and I don't think I could have lasted any longer.
Just something different for the race at The Gate. The one thing I'm not fond of is running the track backwards in VTA as per the rules in the main.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

For the first round of the Texas EOS this season, they had a series of 6 min triple A Mains for every class except VTA and USGT, granted the race was 12 min for USGT, the total length of driver time on the stand wasn't evenly distributed with the other classes which meant that I spent more time marshaling than I spent racing and that's always been a peeve of mine when racing with nitros, however some tracks have been receptive to adding double A mains for electrics so everyone gets equal stick time during the mains.

I'd rather have triple A Mains which is a real pit within itself and then aggregate the points for each round. Racing with a fresh charge is more fun (for me) than trying to see who has the largest and most expensive pack.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

But Bill, didn't you say that the qual order was reversed for the main? I'm confused now. Or were you bringing up a new topic?

Regarding triple mains vs. a single, long main.....I agree that I would like to see more equal amounts of track time for all classes, but I prefer our long mains, as opposed to more, short mains.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

At the EOS rd1 the qualifying order was not reversed for the main. The main was 12 min with one pit stop. Kinda fun racing this long, but the pit stop, although about 6 sec, felt like forever.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Jorge is correct about RSD, the off-road tracks at Belton and Temple have been running reverse qual order... there have been times when I got TQ by a close margin but finished the main in 3rd because of the reverse start SNAFU, not exactly my idea of fun to be penalized, especially when the top 3 drivers are about equal in skill and having to fight for position amongst 5-6 other less experienced drivers... yeah it sure looks like fun to watch and for the RD to call out the mayhem, but I prefer clean racing rather than dumb luck... especially when I can wipe my ass faster than some of the turn marshals can "wobble" over to my car after I get taken out.

This was just another example of things I've seen done "to change things up" that I don't agree with, not specifically what they were doing at the Texas EOS.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by billdelong
Jorge is correct about RSD, the off-road tracks at Belton and Temple have been running reverse qual order... there have been times when I got TQ by a close margin but finished the main in 3rd because of the reverse start SNAFU, not exactly my idea of fun to be penalized, especially when the top 3 drivers are about equal in skill and having to fight for position amongst 5-6 other less experienced drivers... yeah it sure looks like fun to watch and for the RD to call out the mayhem, but I prefer clean racing rather than dumb luck... especially when I can wipe my ass faster than some of the turn marshals can "wobble" over to my car after I get taken out.

This was just another example of things I've seen done "to change things up" that I don't agree with, not specifically what they were doing at the Texas EOS.
I don't really think that has bearing on the topic at hand, but I don't like the idea of reverse order races, either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.