Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Skiddins,

Try going up a couple of teeth on the pinion (5.8 - 6.0 FDR) and your temperatures should go down. The motor is revving too much.
I am currently using the X11 10.5 (profile 5 and FDR 5.6) and temperatures have never gone above 190 degF

Karl
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
Skiddins,

Try going up a couple of teeth on the pinion (5.8 - 6.0 FDR) and your temperatures should go down. The motor is revving too much.
I am currently using the X11 10.5 (profile 5 and FDR 5.6) and temperatures have never gone above 190 degF

Karl
hmmmmm......
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Anyone run the LRP X12 10.5 with the BD and what difference in gearing /profile you used.

I tried profile 5 for the first time with 6.77FDR on this track;

The car was very fast but the motor came off at 107degC (225degF)

On profile 4 the motor was coming off around 75-80degC on the same FDR

Skiddins
From my own experience with LRP x12 10.5 in TC..

Leave on profile 4 go up 1 or 2 teeth and consider moving from 0000 to 00

You could well find profile 5 is overtiming the motor a little hence the heat.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

im running on a largeish track duo 1 10 degree timing ( middle hole ) and profile 5 and 5.11 fdr and the things a missle !! and come off at around 140f every run
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro Models
hmmmmm......
Nice to see you on this thread ........ switching to AE??
Old 06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by my t2
im running on a largeish track duo 1 10 degree timing ( middle hole ) and profile 5 and 5.11 fdr and the things a missle !! and come off at around 140f every run
Missle I think not my inexperiance driving and the tekin had you by the first corner every time

Yes it was quick but not quicker than the tekin or hobbywing

so as the tittle of this tread asks who runs one

Only ppl with more money than sence
Old 06-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default exspensive

quote Only ppl with more money than sence

Are you indicating its too expspensive, In the Uk it is far from the most expsensive Esc on the market. There are several that are more exspensive .Inc LRP,Nosram etc.
While its not the cheapest cookie on the block it is far from being the most exspensive.
Going by my own experience, it is fast as the rest out there but has the advantage of having the smoothest power delivery.
Ease of use is the biggest plus for me and performance.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
Missle I think not my inexperiance driving and the tekin had you by the first corner every time

Yes it was quick but not quicker than the tekin or hobbywing

so as the tittle of this tread asks who runs one

Only ppl with more money than sence

Wayney,

Can you please use the tekin love for the tekin thread.. this is about Black Diamonds only. ..

Am sure Tekin users would be unhappy if we shared our though's on them on tekin's own thread.

Originally Posted by tellan
quote Only ppl with more money than sence

Are you indicating its too expspensive, In the Uk it is far from the most expsensive Esc on the market. There are several that are more exspensive .Inc LRP,Nosram etc.
While its not the cheapest cookie on the block it is far from being the most exspensive.
Going by my own experience, it is fast as the rest out there but has the advantage of having the smoothest power delivery.
Ease of use is the biggest plus for me and performance.

+1 they are smooth and very usable

If I can afford to run a BD then I shall.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alex

these are public forums

and i was not aware that you had to be a member of a club to reply to a tread

My T2's statement that the BD was a missile on a large track over the weekend is just not true yes it was quick but far from quick enough

I really though after seeing that it had nothing on a small track that it my have it on a bigger track but both of you proved that was not the case

tekin left you BOTH eating dust from off the line around the sweeper, on the infield and not to mention the straight

So if i were you i would be more concerned about misleading ppl in to buying a speedi that is after its new factory upgrade already outdated out of the box

but to be honest your car looked like it had more before you got it updated

Just my 2 cents
Old 06-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
From my own experience with LRP x12 10.5 in TC..

Leave on profile 4 go up 1 or 2 teeth and consider moving from 0000 to 00

You could well find profile 5 is overtiming the motor a little hence the heat.
Thanks

Is there a motor that you think might be better suited to the BD on profile 5 etc?

Skiddins
Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Thanks

Is there a motor that you think might be better suited to the BD on profile 5 etc?

Skiddins
I personally use one of these : http://bossrcmotorsports.com/shop.html get the ceramic bearing upgrades..

You can also run Novak Ballistic but you need to retart the timing to stop it going pop (found that out!)

Duo and Duo2 again be carful with the timing.

all the above can run profile 5, right now SP v3 is my motor of choice
Old 06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default skiddins

Having tried several motors 10.5 i have found the Novak Ballastic to be the best, Retard timing to 20degrees and bingo its on the pace .Temps also acceptable.
I run 1/12th in the Uk.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tyson just a tip with sir senna... He always beieves tekin is faster because when everyone else is braking to turn he still is going straight on at full power off the track. Owen spent 1/2 a final stiring him about how slow he was everywere (motor power) and had the whole drivers stand laughing and he still thinks he was faster. Let him think tekin has something as you will always have at least one person easy to beat..

How long before one of the bunch has something to say?

Has anyone had problems running the x-12 17.5? Both of the ones I tried cogged without max timing which as we all know means stupid temps. Solutions?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Tyson just a tip with sir senna... He always beieves tekin is faster because when everyone else is braking to turn he still is going straight on at full power off the track. Owen spent 1/2 a final stiring him about how slow he was everywere (motor power) and had the whole drivers stand laughing and he still thinks he was faster. Let him think tekin has something as you will always have at least one person easy to beat..

How long before one of the bunch has something to say?

Has anyone had problems running the x-12 17.5? Both of the ones I tried cogged without max timing which as we all know means stupid temps. Solutions?
LOL, hear you like the BD Troy??

Guess someone needs to run a 13mm rotor to find speed where as others use a BD ,would be good if we could just keep this thread on track it is about BD.

Moorebank was a great race, my servo horn was broken on a warm up lap so only had 1 chance at A-Main, glad to say after people who had 10 heats to get it right my 1 heat got me 6th on the grid..

Very impressed wish I had gone up a few teeth, problem was always the servo horn little tap on the steering and I had none Oh well...

Anyone up for a moorebank race say once a month.. What a track..

x12 17.5 on the BD tried it once.. put it back in the box.. For SMA run profile 4 over 5 and FDR 4.8-5 oooo timing
Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
LOL, hear you like the BD Troy??

Guess someone needs to run a 13mm rotor to find speed where as others use a BD ,would be good if we could just keep this thread on track it is about BD.

Moorebank was a great race, my servo horn was broken on a warm up lap so only had 1 chance at A-Main, glad to say after people who had 10 heats to get it right my 1 heat got me 6th on the grid..

Very impressed wish I had gone up a few teeth, problem was always the servo horn little tap on the steering and I had none Oh well...

Anyone up for a moorebank race say once a month.. What a track..

x12 17.5 on the BD tried it once.. put it back in the box.. For SMA run profile 4 over 5 and FDR 4.8-5 oooo timing
If you think you had something broken at moorebank you should see all the bits I pulled out of my car when I rebuilt it last week! And thats not counting the performance three wheel drive rubber! Anyway sometimes things just don't go your way...

Anyway BD went surprisingly well.... The best attribute was the throttle characteristics. The motor follows throttle inputs much like an old style speedo so you have the ability to alter your cars attitude in and out of corners far more than the "traction control" or "switch" behavior of every other speedy I have run (except senna's tekin cause it is "special"). Use is fairly simple to as you gear for speed or grunt. From my days exp I found just gear to match or be slightly slower than who ever you are racing... you will come off stone cold and decimate them out of every turn. The brakes lacked strength but I have not played with brake profiles yet so I may be missing something. Might go do some laps out the front now and work on that...

I think the reason I had problems with it first time I used it was the motor was dead so I had no chance getting anything useful out of the testing.

Last edited by Dragonfire; 06-28-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.