Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
Solved the lag off the line by just advancing the Throttle profile on tranny to +5.Lag solved.

I run in 1/12th pan car 1s lipo. After 4 test sessions finally found the perfect mix of Motor timing, BD profile and rollout. Car is now amazing to drive.

The perfect motor for this Esc is the Novak Ballastic having tried LRP,Nosram and GM by far the best has been the Novak.

At my local permanant track i had done approx 1200 laps with my tekin RS and my best lap was 12.66 secs.
Since testing the BD it is now 12.17 secs.So the Tekins are history sold both and bought another BD ,now have 2.

If you want any further details please ask or PM me.
Its kinda funny that the BD has been such a force in 12th scale considering how much power it uses each run. The throttle response is very very good though.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got one of the single cell specific BD speedos which works terriffic in my 1/12th scale car. Trouble is, 1/12th scale racing is almost 100% dead where I live. So this awesome BD speedo has been just sitting around gathering dust for several months. If I wanted to run this speedo in my sedan, is that possible?........maybe by just adding a fan or something? Can someone please advise on whether or not the 1cell version BD can be adapted or converted easily for running it with 2cells? I hate to let this great piece of equipment languish unused in the workshop.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default BD 1S

Are you sure you know what you are talking about, there is multiple settings to allow 1s or 2s .Just go through the profiles and it will be fine. I believe a fan can be fitted to top of Esc for further cooling.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default AE BD Esc

I think i may be the only runner in the Uk in 1/12th racing , it just hasnt caught on . Supply was the initial problem, then price was an issue . Now that is available its kind of missed the boat.
Tekin Rs is the hot baby to have in the Uk. Ive just sold all mine and moved to BD I have 2.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
I've got one of the single cell specific BD speedos which works terriffic in my 1/12th scale car. Trouble is, 1/12th scale racing is almost 100% dead where I live. So this awesome BD speedo has been just sitting around gathering dust for several months. If I wanted to run this speedo in my sedan, is that possible?........maybe by just adding a fan or something? Can someone please advise on whether or not the 1cell version BD can be adapted or converted easily for running it with 2cells? I hate to let this great piece of equipment languish unused in the workshop.
Hey,

I run the LV(12th scale) version in my TC, what class you planning to run?? v1 you can run 10.5t on 2s without a fan.

You will need to change Lipo Cut-off to option (Solid Green light) to profile 5 which is 2 cell.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I have two BD speedo I am using one in my 1/12 scale and the other in my sedan 17.5. I love the yway they run. Just remember for 2 cell to put in your jumper.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the useful info. especially the reminder about the jumper. Not being one who's very fond of fiddling with a Tekin's hotwire gizzmo and those overly complex profile settings, it will be a welcome change to take advantage of the BD's simple and user friendly plug and play (fast play) features.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Thanks guys for the useful info. especially the reminder about the jumper. Not being one who's very fond of fiddling with a Tekin's hotwire gizzmo and those overly complex profile settings, it will be a welcome change to take advantage of the BD's simple and user friendly plug and play (fast play) features.
Only wish it had an Off/On switch!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Only wish it had an Off/On switch!!!
I have installed an on / off switch taking advantage of that jumper pin used for internal BEC circut..

Not sure if AE would appove.. but a solution to a problem in my TC car.

Install a switch between pins 5 - 6, this will stop all power going into the Rx via BEC system.

If you are using external LiFe to power the ESC would not really work as these pins will already be removed.

However nothing to stop you putting a switch between the red cable via an adapter.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Me_MrTyson;7541922]I have installed an on / off switch taking advantage of that jumper pin used for internal BEC circut..

Just might try this. Sounds easy! Thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default External LiFe RX pack

Hi guys, just wanted to clarify on the proper wiring when using a external LiFe RX pack?

RX pack directly into receiver? or do I use the pins on the ESC.

Thanks Greg G
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Swampracer
Hi guys, just wanted to clarify on the proper wiring when using a external LiFe RX pack?

RX pack directly into receiver? or do I use the pins on the ESC.

Thanks Greg G

Greg,

You use pins 4 (-) - 5 (+) to power the external BEC system.

Like myself you could find that + (pin 5) is located in the middle of a 3pin adapter causing the BD to be in the way, just create an extention lead easy to do this also assist as putting the connector in and out all the time becomes a pain.

Or change the end of the battery to a 2 pin adapter

hope this helps

don't forget to change the cut off from profile 5 (default) to profile 2 this then allow the internal BEC system to still monitor the cut off correctly.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default BD cut off

I run a Life pack and its great 220ma and comfortabley get 3 to 4 runs of 8 mins with out a charge.
I also have the voltage cut off on the Esc switched off. Running 1s Lipo is not a problem with 1/12th and voltage drop off.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Trying to pic up a BD (LV Ver.) for my TC... Any suggestion guys what profile to use?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Trying to pic up a BD (LV Ver.) for my TC... Any suggestion guys what profile to use?
Thats generally an easy Q, profile 5 unless you are struggling with temps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.