Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Hi Guys whos ran a black diamond speedo and what speedos has it been compared to for pace?

Thanks

RC
Old 03-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Tommy Bergfeldt that came second at DHI CUP 2010 and won DHI CUP 2009. he use a Black Diamond and the speedo is made for all type of motors, but you can compare the speedo to a LRP Stock speedo that won DHI CUP 2010. it is as fast or maybe faster. and it has proven to be an amazing speedo in modified too.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

99.9% sure Tommy used an LRP at 2009 DHI....

Black diamond looks good for one cell lipo due to the lower rpm on motor coupled with lower rpm switch point for timing (or boost or turbo or whatever companies are labeling it now) but it doesn't do anything that the latest generation of esc's don't do already... (2s lipo)

I wouldn't get too hung up about trying one Ricky.... GM all the way dude

Luke
Old 03-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Black diamond mate all I can sauy is wow wow wow, got to try the only one in the coutry thanks to mike at modeltech.

Car was quicker than ever normally I run the gm120 v7.2.

Cheers

RC
Old 03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I run the Black Diamond in 12th scale, I found profile 4 using X12 much better the power delivery is much smoother.. my rollout is very low aka Mod low that is how quick this ESC is.

Thinking profile 5 is more for 13.5 - 21.5

When the power comes hold on this is one of the best 12th scale ESC on the market, easy keep up and in some cases slap the "T"

Mike from Modeltech said the UK batch should have a new version of the software which is even quicker than what I have installed.

Allowing you to update the software is round the corner, really makes this a worth while investment.

You can install updates like "T" and GM 2010 version. Direct from there website or disti's website I guess.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Mr T, thats the one I ran with software updateable I was just shocked with the sheer power it had it was crazy. I actually think profile 5 was too quick for 10.5 too much torque.. lol

RC
Old 03-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Champion

With the amount of technology there is these days, I don't think the ESC is a limiting factor if it is firmware upgradable, as it shows the manufacturer is committed to making the ESC better with time, or at least shows an interest to user chosen settings
Old 03-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default BLACK DIAMOND

Hello RC

How do you compere it to your tekin?

Also will you be running this weekend?

Cheers
Spence
Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by prodriver
Hi Guys whos ran a black diamond speedo and what speedos has it been compared to for pace?

Thanks

RC
You , It looked pretty quick to me
Unfortunately I never got to follow you onto the straight close enough to directly compare, but it looked like the BD had more grunt lower down (down to the motor?) but once the Tekin turbo came in we were about the same.
Sadly your driving is much better than mine and your car's always look very quick. WHat gearing did you end up using?

How did you have your Tekin setup when you ran that before?

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
Hello RC

How do you compere it to your tekin?

Also will you be running this weekend?

Cheers
Spence
Spence, you can't afford one even if you want one
Old 03-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, spence I normally run gm120 v7.2 I had graingers settings on it for 10.5 so was all set right. Car with the gm speedo and gm motor is generally like a missile anyway, BUT the weekend put the black diamond in thanks to mike at modeltech, ran out the box was pretty fast as quick as gm all day went up on power profiles in the finals they thing went from normal power to just crazy actually having to take it easy coming onto the straight as it wanted to side ways lol.. To give you an idea if I was coming onto the straight guys running tekin with 203 n guys running gm speedos were half way downbthe straight by the end I was just behind them.. More punch n more top end.. Cheers RC
Old 03-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Yep west London r u?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default black diamond

Thanks damo

Cheers M8

Yes m8 will be there.
Fingers crossed on the weather.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Hi Mr T, thats the one I ran with software updateable I was just shocked with the sheer power it had it was crazy. I actually think profile 5 was too quick for 10.5 too much torque.. lol

RC

Glad someone else found profile 5 to much for 10.5 motor.. started to think I was a Pu$$y

If you can find one and you can afford one.. GET ONE!!! you shall laugh in the face of Tekin
Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

lol, the car was clocked at 40 mph on an indoor track straight wasnt overally big. car was so quick and had so much bottom end coming onto the straight I had to wait till it was straight till I hit the power as it wanted to go sideways..

RC
Old 03-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

lol, the car was clocked at 40 mph on an indoor track straight wasnt overally big. car was so quick and had so much bottom end coming onto the straight I had to wait till it was straight till I hit the power as it wanted to go sideways..

RC
Running this in 12th scale so 1s stops it going sideways , I just found the power to hard to keep a good lines every lap... however my first few test laps was running big pace just not consistent.

Strap a x12 10.5 in and see how much low down torque there is...

How you finding the power delivery?

From my side very smooth on power the drag brake is a little annoying as my driving style I like to carry corner speed, soon fixed with the Tx off center a little removed that all together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.