Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Jon, if you haven't tried the camber mod yet, do it. It definitely helps the car rotate.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I grabbed up some slightly used flanged outdrive bearings, ceramic. They have a red colored shield, was wondering if these were made by boca?

One more quick one- what lube works best for a diff re-build, and should I sand down the rings a bit? I think I remeber hearing to do that one time but cant remember
Old 03-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Don't know about the bearings, but yes, sand down the diff rings with 600 grit.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Don't know about the bearings, but yes, sand down the diff rings with 600 grit.
Thanx, I'll do that!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Hey Jon, if you haven't tried the camber mod yet, do it. It definitely helps the car rotate.
Me or Williams?

This could get confusing having two of us that spell out name like that in here.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

is it time for rubber tire's yet? It's been a nightmare for me so far. I only finished one round so far. My spektrum had major issues which cost me a pretty decent run. Carpet with low bite is no problem but with all the bite for the nats has left "us" locals scratching our heads. We weren't use to this I never stop trying though. The good thing is that I only have one more battery pack to run on foams Then it's time to get ready for the Reedy race.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Me or Williams?

This could get confusing having two of us that spell out name like that in here.
You LOL.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
You LOL.
Is this the one that Weylin was describing? If so it's one of the things I wanted to try. I've really been working on getting the car balanced at SoCal and it's proving difficult. The track really tightens up at night as it gets cold so it's difficult to know when to free up the car from how you're running during practice and your first round and how much to free it up. What I'm looking for now is a good way to get the car to turn in hard but keep the rear nice and stable. I've got a few more things to try next time. I tried a bunch yesterday and they worked awesome until it got cold outside. They weren't quite enough.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Jon, was that you and Patrick that I stole the lane from last night on the freeway coming home from SoCal? If so, sorry, that toll raod saves nearly 15min, did you guys run into that jam-up near the Manchester exit?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So far i've had my EC for a couple months now. Only issue is two broken drive shaft pins. I like it
Old 03-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I like this car and im thinking about keeping it but these damn pins!! omg I broke 5 of them running a diff its nuts man..couldnt finish my main today but oh well I hope Schumacher resolves this problem.. Hey Adrian what were those cvd's that you gave Cheston this morning? all I know is that fixed his problems with the pin issue..
Old 03-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
I like this car and im thinking about keeping it but these damn pins!! omg I broke 5 of them running a diff its nuts man..couldnt finish my main today but oh well I hope Schumacher resolves this problem.. Hey Adrian what were those cvd's that you gave Cheston this morning? all I know is that fixed his problems with the pin issue..
just get the old steel cvd's and you will never have a problem again,so what if they are not purple
Old 03-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys,
i went for a test and i need more grip in the rear. as i power out of a high speed corner(low grip) the rear end slides out any suggestions?
i was thingking a front sway bar just to even it up any ideas?
Joshua,

Why don't you try the following... (one at a time...)

If it is happening at EXIT...

A. Lower the rear ride height.

B. Ensure there is no excessive droop in the rear suspension as this will cause the inside rear tire loose traction

C. Improve traction weight tansfer by increasing the amount the rear "squats" under power.

AT MID-CORNER...

If this is happening at HIGH SPEED
A. Increase REAR aerodynamic force (you will sacrifice in-line speed)

B. Increase rear rebound

These are the basic changes that can correct HIGH SPEED OVERSTEER

If this is happening at MID to LOW speed...

A. Make sure the rear is not rolling excessively.

B. If the REAR is NOT ROLLING excessively
...Soften Rear Spring Rate
...Reduce rear ride height
...adjust your REAR SHOCK oil/piston combo to increase rebound and reduce compresion

Also, makesure there is no excesive FRICTION or JAMMING present during the motion of the suspension... This is the first thing to check....

I hope this will help you.

Last edited by BATT_MAN; 03-19-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Kerr ( ya like that LOL), I am in a similar situation. The difference is that I'm running on carpet and after about 1 or two practice runs the traction is insane. Add that to the fact that I am trying to keep pace with Schreff and Cuffs and you have one frustrating nite. I am basically running PW's snowbirds setup with no sway bars and 10 weight higher oil all the way around. Oh and I went from 33lb springs to 30 in the front. Kick up is next thing to try.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BATT_MAN
Joshua,

Why don't you try the following... (one at a time...)

If it is happening at EXIT...

A. Lower the rear ride height.

B. Ensure there is no excessive droop in the rear suspension as this will cause the inside rear tire loose traction

C. Improve traction weight tansfer by increasing the amount the rear "squats" under power.

AT MID-CORNER...

If this is happening at HIGH SPEED
A. Increase REAR aerodynamic force (you will sacrifice in-line speed)

B. Increase rear rebound

These are the basic changes that can correct HIGH SPEED OVERSTEER

If this is happening at MID to LOW speed...

A. Make sure the rear is not rolling excessively.

B. If the REAR is NOT ROLLING excessively
...Soften Rear Spring Rate
...Reduce rear ride height
...adjust your REAR SHOCK oil/piston combo to increase rebound and reduce compresion

Also, makesure there is no excesive FRICTION or JAMMING present during the motion of the suspension... This is the first thing to check....

I hope this will help you.
Interesting, I was running rubber on carpet today and had the problem where the front had too much grip and the back kept swinging out at all but dead slow speeds, it never grip rolled etc but I couldn't get the smooth lines I wanted as I was having to concentrate on steering inputs too much.

I added rear droop to try to make sure that the wheels were always in contact with the ground which did improve things, I tightend the rear diff to try to induce some understeer (it was too loose anyway due to a recent rebuild), then tried a stiffer rear roll bar and stiffer front springs to reduce the steering.

These all helped a bit but what else would you guys suggest?

Ideally I want more rear grip but reducing the front grip might be the better way to go.
What do you think?

Thanks
Skiddins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.