Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
If you wanna try somthing other than the schui thrust I might suggest this Losi thust bearing.

http://www.rcslot.com/pc-radio-contr.../LOSA3098.html

I have one in both of the diffs in my foam carpet car and they have held up for the last three months. Diff still feels brand new. My LHS doesn't carry Schui parts and I was in a crunch for a new thrust a while ago. An xray owner suggested it to me. I do have to say there aint many if any thrusts better than the carbide schumacher thrust U1954. SMooooooo0th!

Dont use the washers that some with the Losi thrust though. Just use the original Schumacher washers.

Odd you say the Xray thrust doesn't work. Theres a driver at our track that I know is using the uuber expensive Xray thrust in his Mi3.

the xray, corally, and Mi3 thrusts are all the same size, or at least are interchangeable in my experience. The washers may not be however.
sorry I ment xray will work..ooop's thanx for the info!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
What is the difference between mounting the steering links to the hole on the steering knuckle that is further foward instead of the kit position?

Thanks
Skiddins
With the stock center track rod (steering bellcrank) the forward hole makes the front wheels trun super fast and very far for very little servo movment....that no good.

I usually run the shortest center track rod (mid width) with the ball in the forward postion or drill a mid position.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

And I think the forward hole on the steering knuckle is more for the carpet FOAM tires setup.......(at least, it was on my Mi2EC foam setup)
Old 12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

I always run the forward hole on the steering knuckle with the stock steering rack. It just felt more comfortable than with it back. I haven't tried any of the other steering racks though. That's next time.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I always run the forward hole on the steering knuckle with the stock steering rack. It just felt more comfortable than with it back. I haven't tried any of the other steering racks though. That's next time.
hey Jon have you tried arm sweep in the front?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Not with a setup I've been satisfied with. I need to try it again with my current setup while I'm at BCR. I always liked it on the EC.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Not with a setup I've been satisfied with. I need to try it again with my current setup while I'm at BCR. I always liked it on the EC.
Same her i ran it on the cyclone , i may try it this weekend and see .
Old 12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I like the forward hole on indoor carpet tracks that have some tight turns and 180 type deals. After Adrian's description I would be interested in trying his setup just for a back to back feel.

The next time I am out will be for a club race at Scotty's Trackside Raceway and maybe their New Year's Day/Novak Race warmup. I can post if my setup is even close to working there...13.5 rubber.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

ok....I know, I am lazy, but...I am going to spend 1 hour tonight and setup the Mi3. Who can tell me the 1 and only 13.5 stock rubber carpet setup that I should start..? I see a lot of mod rubber on carpet...what about stock/13.5...thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I can send you what we use here in Dallas for rubber on carpet. Steve Marker took my car with the exact same set up and made the A at the last big race in Omaha. PM me your address if your interested.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I can send you what we use here in Dallas for rubber on carpet. Steve Marker took my car with the exact same set up and made the A at the last big race in Omaha. PM me your address if your interested.
PM send...thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
ok....I know, I am lazy, but...I am going to spend 1 hour tonight and setup the Mi3. Who can tell me the 1 and only 13.5 stock rubber carpet setup that I should start..? I see a lot of mod rubber on carpet...what about stock/13.5...thanks
Talk to Nexus and Rich Murphy both of them have their cars work really well talk with them next time you make it out to the track....hahaha
Old 12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Alright Guys got a question for you. First, I run mainly carpet foams and have been talking to a few race buddies about the diff height. I feel that the lower position on the diff would be best for foams and the upper / higher position for rubbers. However, I have had a buddy tell me otherwise and had me look at Goetz's setup. And there it was the diffs in the higher postion, so what does diff height do? I know I should know this but I think I have it all screwed up. Thanks guys.

L8R Marker
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MagicMarker
Alright Guys got a question for you. First, I run mainly carpet foams and have been talking to a few race buddies about the diff height. I feel that the lower position on the diff would be best for foams and the upper / higher position for rubbers. However, I have had a buddy tell me otherwise and had me look at Goetz's setup. And there it was the diffs in the higher postion, so what does diff height do? I know I should know this but I think I have it all screwed up. Thanks guys.

L8R Marker
it changes the roll center U will want to try this 1st I also run foam/rubber and ran foam last weekend I ran the frt diff high rear low lower the diff more bite/roll ...If u find you car good the 1st few mins of the race hooked up and loose at the end the frt bite is up so u need to take some out,run it high and a sway bar worked for me and well Drew Ellis ran his frt diff high as well..
Old 12-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
it changes the roll center U will want to try this 1st I also run foam/rubber and ran foam last weekend I ran the frt diff high rear low lower the diff more bite/roll ...If u find you car good the 1st few mins of the race hooked up and loose at the end the frt bite is up so u need to take some out,run it high and a sway bar worked for me and well Drew Ellis ran his frt diff high as well..
Let me see if I have this correct - a lower diff will give you more roll and therefore more bite!? I have noticed my cars rolls in the corners and I have looked for way to eliminate it - is this the golden monkey in the ruined temple I have been looking for? Thanks again and let me know if I'm on the right track.

Marker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.