Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kerry
i would appreciate some feedback on the following question.

when assembling the rear arms, they do not move up and down freely with the 2mm toe in clip, what can i do to resolve this issue? with the clip in it pushes the back out and thats when it binds, with the clip out it moves up and down freely. has anyone else had these problems if so what was the answer.

thanx in advance
It will stick a little. With little effort, it will free up.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by theisgroup
light weight diffes
light weight drive shafts
new bulkhead
low ratio pulleys
light weight out drive for one way
new shock towers rear
carpet shock towers front
light weight axles
short arms
solid top deck
lower suspension holder with aluminum nut
lightened solid aluminum layshaft
shorter pivot pin holders
shorter turn buckles
all captured ball ends
composit bumper.

these are the obvoius changes. I know there are more
That sounds like that's all of it.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Besercoe
The instructions advise that you may have to sand down the clip a little to maintain free operation of the arm, this ensures that the arm has zero slop but also allows free movement.
This is what I do, too.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Besercoe
The instructions advise that you may have to sand down the clip a little to maintain free operation of the arm, this ensures that the arm has zero slop but also allows free movement.
I do that also. Just have to make sure that you don't take away too much.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by kerry
i would appreciate some feedback on the following question.

when assembling the rear arms, they do not move up and down freely with the 2mm toe in clip, what can i do to resolve this issue? with the clip in it pushes the back out and thats when it binds, with the clip out it moves up and down freely. has anyone else had these problems if so what was the answer.

thanx in advance
just run the car a few times and the binding should go away, at least this is what happened with mine and it is perfect now with little or no play at all. If there is really bad binding (which i doubt) then you may consider sanding the spacers a little.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by glide 1
just run the car a few times and the binding should go away, at least this is what happened with mine and it is perfect now with little or no play at all. If there is really bad binding (which i doubt) then you may consider sanding the spacers a little.
Also try remounting the suspension arms - that can help, too. What I find with the spacers, is that the surface simply need to be "smoothend" off - i.e. the surface from the mold is a little rough and can cause some of the binding. I only ever use a very fine sand paper and simply rub the spacer a couple of times on the paper until the surface looks better.

But as Glide says - try running your car a little first as everything needs to bed-in. Then and only then, sand the spacers a little until everything works smoothly.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Sanding does help, a dremel will get faster results if you have a steady hand. A disaster if you have a heavy hand.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone know a good place I can order Xray parts on-line that is in Europe or Asia where they didn't have distributor problems?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Qwiglee
Anyone know a good place I can order Xray parts on-line that is in Europe or Asia where they didn't have distributor problems?
www.the-border.com

Good service, good prices!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by markp27
www.the-border.com

Good service, good prices!
That looks like a pretty good site except they dont tell you if they have it in stock or not.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

That looks like a pretty good site except they dont tell you if they have it in stock or not.
Just send them an email - they respond really quickly - even if they don't have it in stock, they get the stuff in really quickly.
I've placed orders a few times on a Sunday and had the parts delivered on the Thursday!!! Thats from Holland to Germany which is pretty good going
I don't order from virtually anyone else these days.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Also if there are items which they don't have on their website, let them know and they'll be added before you know it.

For example last week I wanted to order the Xray anti-roll bar kits - I couldn't find them on the site I emailed [email protected] and within a couple of minutes it was on the site, so I could place my order. A few days later my order came! You can't ask for better service than that.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

What are you looking for? My LHS has a wall full 'o them [they are out of shock membranes].

Let me know [actual $$, tax,paypal & s/h; I'm not looking to make a dime] and I'll call them and let you know if they are in stock and when I could get them & sent.

BTW, they usually beat Stormer's hobbies prices by about 10%, which would make up the difference in the tax and help cover some of the other charges. Xray is a prdominant ran kit at the track, so he does pretty well by the racers and their commonly needed kits/parts.
^5
Tom G
Old 08-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

also ralph b. frequents the track. actually I heard that Ralph use to work there when he was a youngster
Old 08-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by theisgroup
also ralph b. frequents the track. actually I heard that Ralph use to work there when he was a youngster
As is Ralph Burch? No Sh]tt&er? Nice to know Mike's has famour heritage!
^5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.