Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default REAR TOE IN

I would like to run least amount of toe in,say 1 degree?
It will turn in very quick to help it through shall i run 6 degree castor blocks?

You might of guessed that i am not `a lot of toe in` fan
Old 08-21-2004, 04:57 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

Where are the team driver setups for the FK. Ive had a look(quickly) at mytsn but the setups seem to finish mid 2003, with the evo 2. Can anyone help me find 04 setups for the FK like from the KO race etc...
Old 08-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

I have one that was PMed to me. I can forward if you'd like [can't attest to it, since I have an evo2 ]

^5
Tom G
Old 08-21-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tom
Where are the team driver setups for the FK. Ive had a look(quickly) at mytsn but the setups seem to finish mid 2003, with the evo 2. Can anyone help me find 04 setups for the FK like from the KO race etc...
if you go to mytsn and login. then go to the xray vip room. there will be a link to setups on the left. in there you will see setups up to 8/11/2004. I don't see any reedy setups. I think on josh's site he has his setups. cefx.net
Old 08-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone have this new hudy set up system?

http://www.hudy.net/flash_stuff/all_in/index.htm

Seems like it is better then the plastic one.

Does anyone know where i can get a nice Motor lathe?

Last edited by JDXray; 08-21-2004 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Asked this question before but need more feedback

Hi, Im looking for a comparison on JUST the Hpi 4 and Xray T1 . Ive been racing for about 7 years with my tc3 and i grow tired of it. I will be racing on carpet and I want to have your opinion on which is a better car the Xray T1 Factory Team or the HPI pro 4. I know many of you will say, but rustler753 they are the same...its the driver that what counts bla bla bla...and the avereage driver say
corny example:
OMFG!!!!1111 dude get a tamiya or
stay with the TC3 it rules!!!1111......

but I want a pros opinion, whos racing for a while and actually has wins under his/her belt. Why is the (xray or hpi ) better? What makes it so special? which has a better drive train? Which is lighter? Better design? More balanced? Which chassis has the least amount of flex? Which drives better and haddles with precision? Which one you don't have to mod much or even at all to get it to perform (unlike the TC3 which needs modding like a mofo). I know you are professionals and I want your professional opinion, because we all have our preference and I want to hear them . Speak up ! Let your voices be heard!!

peace out
Old 08-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

rustler -

honestly the pro 4 has great steering, its quite light, and nimble; but so is the t1FK. josh did a hell of a job with it!!

i noticed that the main problems with the pro 4 is:

- 1st the diff. heck it loosens by itself. i have heard of local guys puttin CA on it so that this wouldnt happen. other people use parts from other cars to make the diff stay tight. in my opinion if you need parts from another manufacturer to fix the problems that you have on your car well that along doesn't sound good at all

- 2ndly its durability i have heard of pro 4 kits breaking its internal gears even without hitting anything

not to mention torque steer

the fk has got things going for it great handling, easy to set-up very little maintenance required. and very very durable!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

rustler
X- FK
Is a very good car out off the box, the only extra`s you would need are roll bars(you don`t have to have them), springs everybody in the uk runs whites(which come with the car) & light blues, we(uk) run rubber on asphalt, & the car is a very solid car. if you run stock, then x-ray again as it`s got the 1.177 conversion as std
The only hop up for the x-ray that people in the states are piping on about is the 3.5mm chassis,that is worth looking at

PRO-4
Same as the other shaft cars,torque steer,cry alot(whining drive trian),easier to break,you will use other bits of other cars to fix,that seems like bodgit & legit to me
Old 08-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

How much does the bmi chassis go for?

And who's selling it?
Old 08-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

john check the BMI thread ask a guy named Jason
Old 08-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

BMI website

http://www.bmiracing.com
Old 08-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Okay here we go
Down my local track(barham) sunday, i was messing around with the rear toe in.
I ended up with light blue springs all round(20lb) 1 degree toe in on rear & running 6 degree castor blocks,3 hole open on front shocks,4 hole open on rear,
The car was really good to drive so good in fact that it came with in 5 secs of the outright track record in 3 seperate times, now that is consistence, it was powered by a Banzai monster & i ran it 4 times with out skimming or rebrushing & it kept it`s speed all the way through the 4 races.
I was running against pro 4`s,barra r3`s,cgm`s & off course the trusty tc3`s, & my car tq & won the second leg a-main & the shaft cars could`nt out accelerate the wonderfull FK
Old 08-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What roll out and/or gear ratio should I start with for a 19t motor with 2.125 gearbox (standard pulleys).
Old 08-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pumpkinfish
What roll out and/or gear ratio should I start with for a 19t motor with 2.125 gearbox (standard pulleys).
foam or rubber? and if its foam a 1.08 or a 1.1 works ok, for me i just had alot of strait away speed and no infeild speed
Old 08-22-2004, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by JDXray
anyone have this new hudy set up system?

http://www.hudy.net/flash_stuff/all_in/index.htm

Seems like it is better then the plastic one.

Does anyone know where i can get a nice Motor lathe?
Yes, they are great in everything!!!.. including its price. All I can say, it is one step ahead in setup up equipment. Notice the ball bearing guide, it makes reading more precise and constant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.