Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i prefer the ally shock bodies as it makes adjusting the ride height easier because the collars arent tight on the shock bodies.

if the ally shock bodies have more drag just run a slightl softer oil to compensate, but seeing as its something you have heard and havent tested i would say its a load of crap. you could test it on a losi shock matching tool.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I've heard the aluminum shock bodies actually have more drag than the stock bodies. They really aren't needed. Spend the money on the pullies or some springs.

Blake
I don't agree with you on that one. They are excellent, or should I say WERE coz they were discontinued.
I have them on my EVO2 and I have no issues with smoothness or leaks.

However I admit that they are there more for the cool factor than for anithing really useful
Old 01-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

when you get nailed by someone at full noise ... then the aluminium shock bodies are useful. a cylinder of aluminium is very strong compared to a cylinder of a polymer (plastic)..

... think about it
Old 01-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

i found the short suspension arms, im getting excited
Old 01-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joneser
I have been having a problem with the Xray (with c-hub suspension). I have had a number of the drive shafts pinch down on the sleeve (coupler) that pivots inside the springsteel hub. When this happens it seriously reduces the ability of the dogbone/driveshaft to swivel in the hub which in turn causes the car to seriously slow down. The best way to see if you are having this problem is to take apart the front end and pull out the entire drive shaft/coupler/and hub...then check the rotation that you have. In order to check it wihtout tearing it apart, turn the wheel all the way in one direction and then start spinning the wheel by hand.....you will feel it bind up. What I was wondering is if anyone else has had this problem and what did they do to fix. I think it may be caused by too much throw in the steering and then it twists from the loads caused in a wreck.

I am not the best driver in the world but I am A or B main in our local club and I rarely do not finish heats with the X-ray or the TC3 when I ran it. I am pretty consistant so I am not out there tearing this thing apart. It has become very frustrating...so much so I ran the TC3 this past weekend ( I hate that car compared to the XRay so I need a fix!!!). Not to mention, I am having a hard time finding the 305320 (drive shafts)

I have also tried to limit the throw by putting a ball stud on the bottom of the steering knuckle...this hits the arm and limits the throw...still to much maybe!
Thanks Joneser, Now I am having the problem. or at least I now know I have the problem. I did find that after working on it a while, it would loosen up again. But the next hit would bind it up again.

yang
Old 01-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Kevin tried the TC3 and he realized that the XRay is where it's at. He's done nothing but rave over the XRay since getting it. Blake
I told him that before he got rid of the first one!!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Theisgroup-I ran full mod yesterday and expereinced no issues. I was lucky and almost no crashes-thank goodness, but a few guys did test drive my car and they smacked a board or two while getting up to speed.

What I did to alleviate this problem was I screwed a plastic barrell abut 8mm long into the inner holes on the steering knuckle as a steering stop. The barrell is just big enough in diameter to allow a lot of throw (For carpet/foam racing anyhow), but not enough to bind the CVD. The shocks just barely miss 28mm rims (Jaco).

I'll try and post pics tomorrow. Basically I used a button head and screwd through the barell into the steering knuckle. It worked Great!!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Yeah...now he's trying to talk me into one of those nice BMI chassis he put on there.

You going to be up at the Gate this weekend Ian? I think that's where we're heading.

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
I told him that before he got rid of the first one!!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah...now he's trying to talk me into one of those nice BMI chassis he put on there.

You going to be up at the Gate this weekend Ian? I think that's where we're heading.
Thats right! The Xray is all it's cracked up to be...BMI chassis rocks!

Ian,
Your my hero! Where you gonna be this weekend???
Old 01-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wannabee
Thats right! The Xray is all it's cracked up to be...BMI chassis rocks!

Ian,
Your my hero! Where you gonna be this weekend???
Bring that car up to the Gate!! You wont beleive how compettitive its been up here lately.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Bring that car up to the Gate!! You wont beleive how compettitive its been up here lately.
We will be up this weekend...Are you guys gonna have a turn out due to the birds???
Old 01-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Theisgroup-I ran full mod yesterday and expereinced no issues. I was lucky and almost no crashes-thank goodness, but a few guys did test drive my car and they smacked a board or two while getting up to speed.

What I did to alleviate this problem was I screwed a plastic barrell abut 8mm long into the inner holes on the steering knuckle as a steering stop. The barrell is just big enough in diameter to allow a lot of throw (For carpet/foam racing anyhow), but not enough to bind the CVD. The shocks just barely miss 28mm rims (Jaco).

I'll try and post pics tomorrow. Basically I used a button head and screwd through the barell into the steering knuckle. It worked Great!!
So you screwed it in fron the bottom of the steering knuckle? So that it would hit the arm? do you know the aprox diameter of the barrel?

thanks
yang
Old 01-26-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

wannabee-Birds wont affect anythng really. Of the regulars-only Love, Denton, Chicky and lyself are going to Birds. That leaves ohhh.....68 other possible entries!!!

Eric Chambers has the fastest Xray at our track. He really helped me a lot in setting my car up better for MOdified. If hes not there-Chrs Musics Xray is really fast-carries corner speed well. Two guys to hit-up if your looking for a set-up.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

on the T1, running 3degrees kickup on the front had reduced the caster when the suspension compressed, 0degrees stops this. this wont hapen on the C-Hub type so i assume running 0degrees kickup just reduces the caster.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by theisgroup
So you screwed it in fron the bottom of the steering knuckle? So that it would hit the arm? do you know the aprox diameter of the barrel?

thanks
yang
I'll measure it tonight for you. Its not too big in diameter. I think its about equal or a little smaller than the width of the arm of the steering knuckle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.