Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bl4
Whatis your spring setting and do you have anti roll bar/
I use yellow spring, yellow anti roll bar for the front and red spring , red anti roll baron the rear. My car keep on throwing out on the rear went in the corner.
If your car isn't handling in the rear it could be a plethra of things. Posibilities to check include your springs and anti roll bars. You might want to try it without a rear roll bar.

Also make sure you rear diff isn't too tight. A tight diff in the rear can also cause it to break traction. Make sure your front diff is slightly tighter than the rear unless you are running a one-way.

Springs
If you go with a softer spring:
More traction out of the corners
Slow steering response
Chassis squats under acceleration

Anti Roll Bars
If you decrease rear tension:
Increase chassis roll
Increase rear end grip
More stable in entering and exiting corners
Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Here are some pics of my upgraded TA05v2. It's not bling-bling as some of the guy's here, cause i went a bit conservative, but the three things I'm really anxious to try out are the new servo saver, sway bars, and the aluminum hinge blocks and the pivot balls...

Oh, initially, I didn't buy the aluminum rocker arms, but the upgrades didn't seem complete without them...
Looks really nice man. Definitely upgrade those dampers! You wont regret it.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tamiya-92217-ta05-version-ii-chassis-kit-ta05v2

looks like rcmart has the new chassis kit in stock, an extra 40 bucks over the price of the base kit. You get the one-way, the shocks, and a bit of bling, but does that mean you have to buy a second ball diff assembly if you don't run a one-way? (like me) ... and you don't get a cool corolla body shell to boot!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My VerII

Old 01-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Are you using a chassis protector? I already miss my v.II. I was looking forward to running IFS bodies.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, bought one of them thick transparent stickers that serves very well in protecting the chassis. Cheap and effective too. You should have kept your VerII. Really like yours and has more TRF hopups on it too. Mine are still waiting for the dampers and motormount.

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Are you using a chassis protector?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

What kind of tracks are you guys running on? I'm running on a medium carpet track 17.5 - just curious what others are using there IFS, VII on.

Akudou - You must be on asphalt with that setup.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

I run outdoor asphalt with the Tamiya 12t brushless system.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Are you using a chassis protector? I already miss my v.II. I was looking forward to running IFS bodies.
You sold it off?

That thing was a bargain for how much stuff you put into it...

I Akudou: nice ride man, does your motor get hot from drifting?

I had a chance to run my car today after adding all the parts... I definitely love the new servo saver and the sway bars. They worked great...

One thing I had to do early on: I had to change the gear ratio... With the stock gearing with a 17.5, it was SUPER slow...

I re-geared with a 64 pitch system, spur and pinion from a manufacturer called "Precision" or something like that. Really good stuff, very high quality from what I can tell...

I geared it 100/50 spur/pinion and it helped quite a bit. I think that brings the ratio to 4-something. But I believe I can gear it higher since the motor still comes off the track after an 8 to 10 minute run at slightly above room temperature

Looks like I might have to drop the spur a tad bit more.

Anyone else running a 17.5 motor in theirs? If so, how are you gearing it?

Also, the Tamiya tires are not that bad. After I sauced it up with some Jack the Gripper sauce (Corally), it hooked up very well...

I didn't break anything today and got to practice my lines, I'm definitely addicted to this 4wd sedan class...

Old 01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pingers
What kind of tracks are you guys running on? I'm running on a medium carpet track 17.5 - just curious what others are using there IFS, VII on.

Akudou - You must be on asphalt with that setup.
Indoor asphalt. Very, very, well taken care of asphalt. I am spoiled being in southern california. Tracks are plenty, and the owners and directors are great people...
Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Indoor asphalt. Very, very, well taken care of asphalt. I am spoiled being in southern california. Tracks are plenty, and the owners and directors are great people...
I'm running 81/47 FDR = 2.25 (TA05) x 1.62 = 3.9 - Indoor carpet, 17.5

You can definitely come down on your spur. Just temp your motor after each run that you bring down your spur and keep it below 170 and you're golden.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Oops, I made an error, my Spur/Pinion is:

100/47 (64 pitch). The 50 WOULD NOT fit in there. Even with the 47, I had to snip a small piece of the chassis (the portion of the chassis right where the pinion hits near the motor mount screw, that little corner)

Yeah, I think I'm going to start bringing down the FDR...

The TA05v2's ratio is

(37T big pulley with 18T little pulley) = 2.056

So

2.13 * 2.06 = 4.39

Hmm I guess I should bring it down to 4... Which is a 91T spur with a 47T pinion...

With a 47-tooth pinion, did you find yourself having to use a button-head motor screw instead of a socket-head? The pinion gear would hit the socket-head... So I swapped it with a button-head, 3x6mm stainless screw...
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Oops, I made an error, my Spur/Pinion is:

100/47 (64 pitch). The 50 WOULD NOT fit in there. Even with the 47, I had to snip a small piece of the chassis (the portion of the chassis right where the pinion hits near the motor mount screw, that little corner)

Yeah, I think I'm going to start bringing down the FDR...

The TA05v2's ratio is

(37T big pulley with 18T little pulley) = 2.056

So

2.13 * 2.06 = 4.39

Hmm I guess I should bring it down to 4... Which is a 91T spur with a 47T pinion...

With a 47-tooth pinion, did you find yourself having to use a button-head motor screw instead of a socket-head? The pinion gear would hit the socket-head... So I swapped it with a button-head, 3x6mm stainless screw...
Hmm no, I can't even picture in my head what the issue would be. You should take a picture. Maybe the V2 is different - but I had no troubles with mine and I use the socket head screws.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, if it was TC i'd be running on Asphlat with an FDR of 4.5-5 with my 9turn motor. Most of my drifts will be done on slippery surface like cement, tiles, carpet,etc. then i will have more torque added to it with an fdr of 6-7 and ofcos the motor will be a wee lil warm. When you have a choices of fdr to run on im sure you wont run into the chance of having a cut from the esc.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

After looking at all of these pics and reading this topic forum... And remembering how easy the TA05 car is too drive... I feel the 'need' to get another one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.