Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just purchased a reventon pro to replace my Tekin RS pro. Now im kinda wishing I would have read this thread first. ok, so what to I need to do to get the best results from this esc? Running 17.5 blinky
Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chrisg23
Running 17.5 blinky
To run the esc in blinky mode you have to flash the Stock0 firmware. That makes the esc blink and removes all timing and boost related settings.

Christian
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chrisg23
Just purchased a reventon pro to replace my Tekin RS pro. Now im kinda wishing I would have read this thread first. ok, so what to I need to do to get the best results from this esc? Running 17.5 blinky
Update the firmware to the current version, set to stock0. Gear like you did with the Tekin as a starting point. Run a fan if you have room.
Bring your program box and adjust. Personally I just had to add more brakes but that was it. It's the best feeling esc I've ran in a long time
What car? Motor? Battery?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Well i dont know whats going on now,had 2 reventon pro go wrong now,everything runs fine not getting hot esc or motor 13.5 boosted and brakes fail,seem ok but at high speed when needing to get car to slow down nothing.Tried a reset of esc nothing,so going back to my orion,now would of liked to use them but cost me at national
Old 06-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

I have windows-7 on my laptop. do I have to go in as a administrator to get the S/P to download?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey Rich, mine just downloaded and works fine, had to delete previous versions of download to get the latest to load.

one another note,

a friend and I both built SP F-1's, installed Revention Pros I'm running a SP 21.5, he's running a Novak 21.5. Both cars hesitate and or cog when the trigger is just starting to be pulled, if I pull the trigger to full right off, mine takes off, his doesn't.

advise/help please...

oh, and I have the red timing board installed in my motor, his novak doesn't change with timing changes
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Just installed an Revention Pro/Novak Ballistic 21.5, all said and done link the Radio etc... pull the throttle and just get a squink sound, actually tries to run backward first then tries to go forward, was able to run the car for a miniute or two, but when I came to a stop same Squink and no go.

Tried timing low and high, same thing... anyone have an Idea? Used the box to setup speedo, all checks out, latest firmware etc.. Whaats going on?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skypilot
hey Rich, mine just downloaded and works fine, had to delete previous versions of download to get the latest to load.

one another note,

a friend and I both built SP F-1's, installed Revention Pros I'm running a SP 21.5, he's running a Novak 21.5. Both cars hesitate and or cog when the trigger is just starting to be pulled, if I pull the trigger to full right off, mine takes off, his doesn't.

advise/help please...

oh, and I have the red timing board installed in my motor, his novak doesn't change with timing changes
you can try turning down your DRRS from 9 to 8, maybe even 7....also, for more top end, go to the yellow circuit board, put it in the middle, and watch for temps...
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Always make sure you are using a new or known good sensor cable. Sp ESCS seem to be very sensitive to sensor cables.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

I have to give a big thank you to Albert at S/P for his help in getting my card problem fixed today. Couldn't have fixed it without his help. Thank you Albert!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Brand new Reventon R, LED card, installed software from the site, PC does not see the card. If i hold the "value" button on while i power up it says "PC" on the card but nothing else happens. If I try and just use the card hooked up to the ESC, after it powers up i just get a "--" on the screen and none of the buttons do anything. Not impressed so far... Any tips?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
Brand new Reventon R, LED card, installed software from the site, PC does not see the card. If i hold the "value" button on while i power up it says "PC" on the card but nothing else happens. If I try and just use the card hooked up to the ESC, after it powers up i just get a "--" on the screen and none of the buttons do anything. Not impressed so far... Any tips?
Try a different USB cable, I had the same problem until I tried a different cable I had lying around. Apparently the UsB cable that came with the ESC can only supply power and not data. I could be wrong about this but it worked flawlessly after I changed it.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nanoframe
Try a different USB cable, I had the same problem until I tried a different cable I had lying around. Apparently the UsB cable that came with the ESC can only supply power and not data. I could be wrong about this but it worked flawlessly after I changed it.

Hope this helps!
+1
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

I swapped out the cable, the computer now seems to see the card, reacts like there is a usb device connected now, allowed it to install the drivers again, rebooted, connected the cable, fired up the software, still says "please connect to the ESC"

Still cant connect with just the card either
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevtech23
I swapped out the cable, the computer now seems to see the card, reacts like there is a usb device connected now, allowed it to install the drivers again, rebooted, connected the cable, fired up the software, still says "please connect to the ESC"

Still cant connect with just the card either
are you going to 4 seasons on Saturday I can show you then...

or, the SP esc is weird.. when you hook to the computer via usb cable and then to the esc via the double male cable, the battery MUST be disconnected and the switch off.

when hooking to just the esc, the battery needs to be connected and the switch turned on. get it wrong and stuff smokes..

not sure if that was your problem, but it sounded like it might be.

I'll be at 4 seasons for the NW challenge this Saturday. I'll bring my laptop and box..

Ritchie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.