Old 10-07-2009, 04:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Roar Rules:

Weight
Minimum – Foam: 1418 gr

Minimum – Rubber: 1500 gr

For some reason I thought your lipo was hanging off the edge. Sorry. Hmm, Ill play around with the belts then. Already hurt my front grey belt. Boy is it soft. Was just checking tension, gunned it then slammed on brakes, skipped a TON... Tension was set a tad tighter than my TC5... I wish the cams had finer adjustment, or if Schumie released cams that were offset to the standard positions.
Check again my good man, rubber is 1420 Grams now
Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Adam...Check your email bro!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Adam...Check your email bro!
I should have something for you in a little while
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Here is setup for 10.5 foam. The custom plates should be available from Schumacher before to long

Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Roar Rules:

Weight
Minimum – Foam: 1418 gr

Minimum – Rubber: 1500 gr

For some reason I thought your lipo was hanging off the edge. Sorry. Hmm, Ill play around with the belts then. Already hurt my front grey belt. Boy is it soft. Was just checking tension, gunned it then slammed on brakes, skipped a TON... Tension was set a tad tighter than my TC5... I wish the cams had finer adjustment, or if Schumie released cams that were offset to the standard positions.
Yeah, what Adam said lol. Min weight is 1420, or 1425

Nah, batt is on the chassis. You just have to put something in-between the motor and lipo so the lipo cant move in farther to the spur/pinion. I use a piece of lead weight shoe goo'd in there. Works great! For the belts, never had that issue, even running mod (4.5) havent had belts skip. I run the cams in the stock positions, or where the little dots are. Running my diffs low, not high. Double check that there all even. I dont think new cams are needed. Your the only one I have heard that has this issue

Originally Posted by abailey21
Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hello all.

I am seriously considering switching from my xray 009 to the mi4.
Is there anyone brazen enough to give me their 2 cents as to why they like the car and perhaps some pointers to consider straight out of the box build and setupwise?
I'm running on carpet.
Rubber.

Marcos...Your the post master, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
I havent messed with the 009's, but I have the 08 and 07's. The build quality on schuie cars is easily on par with xray. The car is very cool for a number of reasons. Mainly the motor clamp, the top deck looks kinda funny because of it, but fitting lipos is no issue to ever think of lol. theres tonssss of room. And the car drives amazing! Its super smooth and easy to drive! Lots of steering
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
4th race weekend with the car. 3rd TQ and 4th win. The weather really cooled down for Socal area and temps hardly got to the low 70's, made the track very greasey feeling. Next race day will try for 5 in a row.
Why don't you step up to 13.5 and race with us this Saturday? We'll put an end to that streak real quick.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Interesting. I just pulled it off their site yesterday. Can you find the document that states 1420g and link it here?

EDIT: Just found this in the news. So it looks like 1420g was just a deviation for 1 event:

August 7, 2009 - Electric On Road Paved Nationals Deviation
The Executive committee has approved the following rules deviation recommendation from the Electric On Road Class Committee.

Rule 8.10.5.1 minimum weight for T2 Touring Car has been deviated for the Electric On Road Paved Nationals, Hobby Town USA - Frederick, Oct. 1st - 4th. The min T2 Touring Car weight to be used for this event will be 1420 gr.

http://roarracing.com/news.php

Again, please do correct me if I am wrong, but the wording and downloadable rule set still states 1500g for rubber.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

roar rules state 1500, but as posted deviations are granted to lower to 1420, pretty much all major events roar and non roar are going with the lower weights. I'd look for a perm rule change soon.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Darn, getting balanced CORRECTLY will be an issue with the lower weight...

I did make sure to buy a lighter low-profile servo to move weight in, as well as shortening wires, and removing the ring on my novak motor, which overall helps with balance and these lower weights.

Till the official rule change, I'll stick to 1500g. I'm not ready to try to save a few g buying a lighter low pro servo, nor do I want to hang the lipo off the edge of the chassis if I am @ weight but not balanced.

My club is hosting a race thats usually very high turnout (for us), of which the posted rules for the event state 1500g for TC.

On another note, this weekend will be my Mi4 maiden run. WOOT WOOT!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Bear
That makes like 3 out of 15 people who gave some form of compliment to the best paint job I've ever done......

Larcher, I'll let you know when I settle on the colors....

First night with the Mi4......... "I'm freaken' out man!"

This car is AWESOME!!!!!! Simple and simply a great drive. SO easy to work on, solid, and I'm just very happy with it, especially for a first run. So impressed.

Nice Paint Job Casey. I was going to pick up an MI4 but after seeing you car I no longer want one.

Just kidding about not getting one. the Paint job still sucks. I guess I need an MI4 to match my Cat SX.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jerry its the best tc I have dropped on track to date
Old 10-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Why don't you step up to 13.5 and race with us this Saturday? We'll put an end to that streak real quick.
Saturdays are a no-go for me. As I've told Patrick as much as I'd like to, saturday mornings my niece Keara plays soccar then I watch my mom for the afternoon (she had a stroke last fall and is not doing all that well right now, we're all worried she wont make it through the new year) and then I take mom to watch both Keara and Maykala play winter softball in the evening if I can get her out of the house. Family always comes first. But thanks for asking Levan. Maybe later.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jerry, no need to be shy..... just send me a shell and I'll paint it up for you
Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Darn, getting balanced CORRECTLY will be an issue with the lower weight...

I did make sure to buy a lighter low-profile servo to move weight in, as well as shortening wires, and removing the ring on my novak motor, which overall helps with balance and these lower weights.

Till the official rule change, I'll stick to 1500g. I'm not ready to try to save a few g buying a lighter low pro servo, nor do I want to hang the lipo off the edge of the chassis if I am @ weight but not balanced.

My club is hosting a race thats usually very high turnout (for us), of which the posted rules for the event state 1500g for TC.

On another note, this weekend will be my Mi4 maiden run. WOOT WOOT!
Just flip the spur and push your motor in, makes a difference!! But you will have to put the center ring back on to push the motor in.

Guys at my local track are running there cars at 1425, so thats where im at.

This weekend will be my 2nd TC race being back at TC (took a year break and did off road) Should be fun now that I have my car working good! Cant wait!!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by The Bear
Jerry, no need to be shy..... just send me a shell and I'll paint it up for you
You painting mine too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.