Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 09-14-2009, 12:00 AM
  #646  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone make or know where to purchase a larger front bumper for the Mi4? I like to have the bumper just touch the body, so it doesn't fold at high speed, and also helps keep the body from cracking.

I believe the Parma Mi4 bumper is still the same size as stock. If I have to, Ill just shave the universal Parma bumper down to the thin height, and cut it out as needed...

EDIT: Just test fitted a body I have cut out, and it seems the bumper is already quite a close fit to the Mazda Speed 6. Still, I like to custom fit bumpers as needed because I mount some bodies further forward or further back for steering purposes, and I like to have a bumper to match.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 09-14-2009 at 12:15 AM.
rezenclowd3 is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:10 AM
  #647  
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 298
Default

How have the plastic hingepin blocks been holding up in the car or have people reverted back to the alloy versions on the previous car ?
stegger is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 AM
  #648  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
jdm19turn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stegger
How have the plastic hingepin blocks been holding up in the car or have people reverted back to the alloy versions on the previous car ?
Currently iam running the plastic blocks but I do have the alloy set if I feel I need them maybe i'l use them on carpet or a super high grip track.
jdm19turn is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 08:39 AM
  #649  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (239)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 33,128
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stegger
How have the plastic hingepin blocks been holding up in the car or have people reverted back to the alloy versions on the previous car ?
I went back to the alloy for more tuning, and the car is alot better now, but i never had any problems with the plastic ones.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
  #650  
Tech Rookie
 
Psql's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Does anyone make or know where to purchase a larger front bumper for the Mi4? I like to have the bumper just touch the body, so it doesn't fold at high speed, and also helps keep the body from cracking.

I believe the Parma Mi4 bumper is still the same size as stock. If I have to, Ill just shave the universal Parma bumper down to the thin height, and cut it out as needed...

EDIT: Just test fitted a body I have cut out, and it seems the bumper is already quite a close fit to the Mazda Speed 6. Still, I like to custom fit bumpers as needed because I mount some bodies further forward or further back for steering purposes, and I like to have a bumper to match.
Try the bumper of the Mi2 EC. This one is a bit thicker and longer in the front. I will try to find a photo of my Mi3 and Mi4 where you can see the difference.

Edit: Found the picture in the Front the Mi3 with Mi2 EC bumper and in the back the Mi4 with stock bumper. Its about 5mm longer.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi4-91560692.jpg  

Last edited by Psql; 09-14-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Psql is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 AM
  #651  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'll be running again for the rsginals. So you're sending out the MI4 for the color change this week huh????
Good luck! Do some work

and yes I am. Shouldn't be hard to guess what color
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
  #652  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,319
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
Podium finish for Mr. Mike Haynes and his Mi4! Congrats man! 3rd out of a field of 90!
let's not forget that is 3rd from a 9th starting spot. he had bad luck in Q3 and Q4. I think his speed passion motor was the only one to be tech'd at the end of the race.
hanulec is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
  #653  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,952
Default

Never say I don't do anything for drivers of other cars ;

The following link should give you an editable PDF setup sheet.
You'll still need CutePDF (search internet for it, it's free) or something similar but it should now have check boxes etc.

I had to do something similar to Xray's sheet to give it a driver comments section.

http://www.piez0r.com/Skiddins/Mi3_S...t_Editable.pdf
Skiddins is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 03:50 PM
  #654  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
Owen RaCing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mountain Valley
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
and yes I am. Shouldn't be hard to guess what color
What color again? pink rite? I dont wanna mess it up for you
Owen RaCing is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
  #655  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hanulec
let's not forget that is 3rd from a 9th starting spot. he had bad luck in Q3 and Q4. I think his speed passion motor was the only one to be tech'd at the end of the race.
By bad luck, you mean taken out by myself in Q3 and Drew Ellis in Q4... sorry Mike.
adamge is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
  #656  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,319
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by adamge
By bad luck, you mean taken out by myself in Q3 and Drew Ellis in Q4... sorry Mike.
i wasn't really going to go there.... you did
hanulec is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
  #657  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 238
Default arms

Hi, has anyone tried the narrow wishbones, hard or medium ?
What do you think about them, any advantage?
Thanks in advance.
Adrian.
xraykid is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 AM
  #658  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xraykid
Hi, has anyone tried the narrow wishbones, hard or medium ?
What do you think about them, any advantage?
Thanks in advance.
Adrian.
They are on hayne's car, he switched to them at the xray challenge and was happy with them. I know he was really happy with the car at IIC this year.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 05:49 PM
  #659  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 238
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray
They are on hayne's car, he switched to them at the xray challenge and was happy with them. I know he was really happy with the car at IIC this year.
Thanks Mike L
xraykid is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM
  #660  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,357
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stegger
How have the plastic hingepin blocks been holding up in the car or have people reverted back to the alloy versions on the previous car ?
The plastic ones would only have one advantage over the alloy. If you crash the blocks flex/break and you don't bend hingepins. No kick-up/anti-dive tunablility on the plastic blocks though. Six of one, half a dozen of another.
Danny-b23 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.