Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
You don't need other arms, but the short stiff arms are a good options.

What ESC Motor combo you running? Do you want to push your motor in on the clamp? Then we can give you a idea on gearing.

Try BlackedOutRevo's asphalt set up posted a couple pages back. He says it "STEERS"

-Mike

At this time, I will be trying out the RS PRO with a 17.5 duo and I may change back to my spx here and there.
I would like to get advice on what I should do with the motor in the clamp. Let me know.
I saw that set up.

Ronnie
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

How big is your track? Then we can determine gearing.

With the motor clamp you can go either way. Build it like the kit and have the motor hang off the chassis, or flip the spur gear and the pulleys and you can push the motor in. Which means less weight on the lipo side to balance it out. If you go the motor pushed in way, as said you will need a 114-118 64P spur. Or 85 48P, other wise the motor will rub the pulley. Either way the car is DIALED. Only thing set up wise I have changed is hpi silver springs, and CF short arms, Med flex C hubs in 4deg.

Heres a pic of my new wire job. Move a few things around. Low pro servo next. Jay, the BLS servos are to expensive lol. I will probably just get a 9551. Never had any issues with them. Good pics to come, when its not dark and im awake

Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Thanks,
The track we run on has about 120 to 130 foot straight and about 75 feet in width. It's not technical but it's not flowing either. I will want to run the motor in for sure. Seems like the good thing to do for balancing left to right. I'm running a 5000 mah battery with new weight rules, are you all adding weight to the car and if so, where are you adding it. Thanks for the help in advance. Hoping to get one asap!

Ronnie
Old 10-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried to get an Mi3.5 racer down to the new weight?

I need to build a carpet foam chassis with a diff on a low $400~$450 budget.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
Has anyone tried to get an Mi3.5 racer down to the new weight?

I need to build a carpet foam chassis with a diff on a low $400~$450 budget.
Carpet foam has been 1418g for a while now and hasn't changed. It can be done with a 3.5.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Hey does anyone use the aluminum pivot pin holders and if you do, do you have them front and rear. Also, how are you adjusting roll center if you have the plastic ones. I'm getting ready to place an order for extra parts so I'm wanting to know.

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With the plastic hinge pin blocks, to adjust RC, alter the top camber link height.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

With the motor clamp you can go either way. Build it like the kit and have the motor hang off the chassis, or flip the spur gear and the pulleys and you can push the motor in. Which means less weight on the lipo side to balance it out. If you go the motor pushed in way, as said you will need a 114-118 64P spur. Or 85 48P, other wise the motor will rub the pulley. Either way the car is DIALED. Only thing set up wise I have changed is hpi silver springs, and CF short arms, Med flex C hubs in 4deg.

Heres a pic of my new wire job. Move a few things around. Low pro servo next. Jay, the BLS servos are to expensive lol. I will probably just get a 9551. Never had any issues with them. Good pics to come, when its not dark and im awake

Sweeet setup

Last edited by lil3j; 10-11-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

So, first time out was good. Didn't get the car to a setup I halfway liked till the main, but it netted me 3rd place in our clubs expert class. HOWEVER, the 2 guys ahead of me wrecked.........I'll still take it though I do need a good spring selection. Just sold my TC5 at the track, so I no longer had it the TC5 springs either.... Still white was good enough, just seemed grabby. Need to loosen up the rear a touch more. Also need to buy some driver skills. I seem to keep loosing them in the pit area. Does Stormer sell those?

My standings and times:
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...10-11-2009.pdf

Here's some shots of my pit area with Mi4 and the track:

Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys
You see on this picture SpurGear on near motorside

But I can see on many pictures posted here Spurgear moved to Battery Side of the Car which will allows motor to move more to the centre of the car=better balance...

question is what is the story behind that ? You guys use it on both side or not ...
After I've seen those pictures of the T3 I may go for mi4
And what is your thoughts about the car on Low and high Grip Tracks
Cheers
Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO

With this setup, is it possible to fit in a lipo?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjc168
yes but the pack will be flush with the chassis
Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

I don't think the lipo packs with bumps on the bottom will fit like this...(spur on batt side)
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picco007
Thanks,
The track we run on has about 120 to 130 foot straight and about 75 feet in width. It's not technical but it's not flowing either. I will want to run the motor in for sure. Seems like the good thing to do for balancing left to right. I'm running a 5000 mah battery with new weight rules, are you all adding weight to the car and if so, where are you adding it. Thanks for the help in advance. Hoping to get one asap!

Ronnie
Well at our local track (170 foot straight) Guys with timing advance speedos gear them, around 4.5. So on your track id say start at 4.7-4.8 and go from there.

Yeah for sure, I honestly dont use any weight to balance my car, theres lead in the center, but none left to right. And my car worked SUPER well all weekend. I will link the race results up in a few things down. But I have the fastest single lap! My car works amazing, the driver just needs a little work The car is balanced side to side though. I did the fish string way to see if its balanced and it was a tad heavier on the electronic side, but just by a hair.

Originally Posted by picco007
Hey does anyone use the aluminum pivot pin holders and if you do, do you have them front and rear. Also, how are you adjusting roll center if you have the plastic ones. I'm getting ready to place an order for extra parts so I'm wanting to know.

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie
On asphalt no. Carpet yes. On asphalt the plastic ones work great! Carpet you need the adjustments.

Originally Posted by lil3j
Sweeet setup
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
So, first time out was good. Didn't get the car to a setup I halfway liked till the main, but it netted me 3rd place in our clubs expert class. HOWEVER, the 2 guys ahead of me wrecked.........I'll still take it though I do need a good spring selection. Just sold my TC5 at the track, so I no longer had it the TC5 springs either.... Still white was good enough, just seemed grabby. Need to loosen up the rear a touch more. Also need to buy some driver skills. I seem to keep loosing them in the pit area. Does Stormer sell those?
HPI silvers! Haha there super dialed. Yeah the MI4 has so much traction! Running 1 deg rear hubs, or shim the stock ones all the way forward give alot more rotation with out really loosing the rear end. I never slid out once this past weekend. And its got steering out the azz. And BTW, your bodies are sooo sick man!

Originally Posted by yokemad
Hi Guys
You see on this picture SpurGear on near motorside

But I can see on many pictures posted here Spurgear moved to Battery Side of the Car which will allows motor to move more to the centre of the car=better balance...

question is what is the story behind that ? You guys use it on both side or not ...
After I've seen those pictures of the T3 I may go for mi4
And what is your thoughts about the car on Low and high Grip Tracks
Cheers
Haha yeah, the pics of the t3 are pretty boring. I always run my spur towards the batt. Keeps that leverage off the electronics side.

I have only ran my car on med traction asphalt, but on the practice days when the tracks not prepped traction isnt that great. And it works really well either way! Just takes a few little changes

Originally Posted by mjc168
Yup. look down for pics.

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
yes but the pack will be flush with the chassis
Well depends on the pack. Thunderpowers dont need to be on the edge. But the SMC's are a little wider. Either way I usually run them on the edge, but you can see in the pics below you can move them in a few mm's

Originally Posted by yokemad
I don't think the lipo packs with bumps on the bottom will fit like this...(spur on batt side)
No they wont. Unless you can either sand the bumps off, or flip the pack like some allow you to run the pack either way.

Anyhow, heres my car after I got home this weekend. I ended up running my duo because I didnt feel like putting my novak back it. But they both work really well! Haha ignore the wires going to the RX, I wired the PT for the DSC port and it doesnt give power. So that messed that up My car ran great! I set the fastest single lap (one lap wonder) I should of came in second, but I nipped a track dot on the 2nd to last corner of the track on the last lap and my car didnt roll back over, let 2nd place go. Ohh well. Had a blast for my 2nd race back out in a year.

Heres race results. My set up works great as I said. I just need a little work

http://www.RCRacing.com/RaceResultsD...ic.txt&ID=3404

And a bunch of people pm'd and asked for more pics. So here they are.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

ALL HAIL THE ONE LAP WONDER CHILD BLACKED OUT

Car looked good on live rc son. Good job keeping up with the fast guys, its good to see that your really getting good as you hoped. All those late nights playing GRID are finally paying off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.