Yokomo ant the new muchmore compound has not been
around that long

And to my knowledge have only been reliased of late

And as late as summer nats

Yes the older compound did wear a little quicker than the sorex
Old 01-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The MM V2's (mm rim) are very similar to the sorex 36s, both in terms of outright pace and feel. The absolutes (sweep rim) give a bit more steering and are faster on most tracks by a couple tenths. I never had any problem with them overheating though, in fact you could normally go one compound softer compared with sorex and experience similar wear

It's my understanding that the v2s are the next generation of tire produced without the chemical which makes tires grippy - it's apparently rare and super expensive. If you ever used mm sweeps which were the 1st gen then you'll see how far the tires have come with the v2's! It is funny how they are faster 2nd and 3rd run compared to 1st - so backwards
Old 01-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
Yokomo ant the new muchmore compound has not been
around that long

And to my knowledge have only been reliased of late

And as late as summer nats

Yes the older compound did wear a little quicker than the sorex
The 2009 South Australian Titles where the first event to use the new tires last year We used the v2 with the muchmore rim, Yellow insert and 36 tire...I think they were at the start of september, so almost 5 months ago

Antoni
Old 01-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ex
I was talking about 32mm which is what is ment to be run
for mod in titc10
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
The MM V2's (mm rim) are very similar to the sorex 36s, both in terms of outright pace and feel. The absolutes (sweep rim) give a bit more steering and are faster on most tracks by a couple tenths. I never had any problem with them overheating though, in fact you could normally go one compound softer compared with sorex and experience similar wear

It's my understanding that the v2s are the next generation of tire produced without the chemical which makes tires grippy - it's apparently rare and super expensive. If you ever used mm sweeps which were the 1st gen then you'll see how far the tires have come with the v2's! It is funny how they are faster 2nd and 3rd run compared to 1st - so backwards
Thanks guys. Are these the tires that you are referring to?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXUDL3

From my understanding, there are two types of MM tires? One of them called the V2 used for control tire racing which have just as good grip as the sorex but longer lasting. The other called the Absolute which has better grip and last about as long as the sorex, available in only 24 and 32 deg?

update: found that the absolutes also have a 36. Should I still try the 32 to replace the sorex 36?

No one seem to sell the absolute with just the tires alone. Was thinking of mounting them myself because I read reports where the rims that come with it cracks easily. Did they improve on this?

Sorry for the many questions, but just wanted to get the right stuff the first time.

Last edited by redbones; 01-25-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Thanks guys. Are these the tires that you are referring to?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXUDL3

From my understanding, there are two types of MM tires? One of them called the V2 used for control tire racing which have just as good grip as the sorex but longer lasting. The other called the Absolute which has better grip and last about as long as the sorex, available in only 24 and 32 deg?

update: found that the absolutes also have a 36. Should I still try the 32 to replace the sorex 36?

No one seem to sell the absolute with just the tires alone. Was thinking of mounting them myself because I read reports where the rims that come with it cracks easily. Did they improve on this?

Sorry for the many questions, but just wanted to get the right stuff the first time.
Use absolute 32s where you would use sorex 36s. The absolute premounts are really poorly glued and the rims crack easily, so check them after every run for peeling and keep off the boards
Old 01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
Use absolute 32s where you would use sorex 36s. The absolute premounts are really poorly glued and the rims crack easily, so check them after every run for peeling and keep off the boards
Whoa, better use them only for the main. The glue part is not that bad, but are they just as brittle as the sorex rims? Love those speedmind rims that never cracked on me yet.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

hello Jilles, have you tested the speed passion V3 10.5? if you have tested it what's the best ratio for a largest raceway?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Jilles!

I was looking to get some titanium turnbuckles for my 416 the kit comes with 42mm but I saw some 45 mm. Which ones should i buy?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Jilles

Sometime ago u uploaded the basic outdoor rubber setup. How would carpet rubber setup differ from the outdoor? Do you have a sample that can be uploaded?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats on your win at the snowbirds!

Could you please post your set-up from the race. I mostly run Sorex tire and am curious how set-up is changed if at all when running the Jaco blue's

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, great run Jilles. I would really like to see your snowbirds setup as all we run are the jaco blues as a spec tire on carpet.
Thanks.......Dwayne Flodell
Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Congrats on the win again. I just wanted to thank you for the set up help this weekend. Just to let everyone know he told me he was going to post the set up when he got back home.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats Jilles on the win in states.

As we are preparing for TITC soon, any suggestions? Btw, would you be attending TITC or the EURO TC Championship, as both races has your name on it? It would be great to see you in action in Thai. Still owe you some beer man.

Cya then.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:40 AM
JGH
Tech Adept

Hello all,

Attached you will find my set-up of the Snowbirds Mod TC last sunday.
I used a box stock 416X chassis. Only "option" parts where titanium turnbuckles!

I will try to keep up with the thread again.

Best regards,
Jilles
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ITEM 42106 Upper.pdf (101.1 KB, 1044 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.