Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone know if the SWITCH Ti screw kit will be enough screws for the Cupracer?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bodywerx_rc
Anyone know if the SWITCH Ti screw kit will be enough screws for the Cupracer?
ive looked at that and i dont think there is enough
Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone installed the Hot Racing Hard Anodized AXLE Cup TTS230CH?

I just bought 2 sets of them, to try out.
no but i got them coming
Old 12-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Has anyone installed the Hot Racing Hard Anodized AXLE Cup TTS230CH?

I just bought 2 sets of them, to try out.
i got 2 sets early part of the summer, and i gotta admit i love them

they fit pretty well - a little snug on the bearings, but nothing too serious

the best part is the get rid of those damn little lock nuts in the plastic HPI stock parts

I also ordered the 'short' aluminum wheel hexes as well - eye candy, but wanted something more then plastic
Old 12-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

My green mean sliding machine!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I am planning to get this car soon and I wanted to know if a Mamba Max 7700kv system will work in this car. I will dial the system down all the way so it dosen't get too out of control. I also wanted to know if a 2s hard case battery will fit. I am going to be using this one:
http://67.199.85.166/main/productdet...ory=5101.xxxxx
I also wanted to know the total lenght of the car with the stock body.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fishymamba
I am planning to get this car soon and I wanted to know if a Mamba Max 7700kv system will work in this car. I will dial the system down all the way so it dosen't get too out of control. I also wanted to know if a 2s hard case battery will fit. I am going to be using this one:
http://67.199.85.166/main/productdet...ory=5101.xxxxx
I also wanted to know the total lenght of the car with the stock body.

Thanks!
that battery should fit, might be a little tight - just follow the directions about install the battery WITHOUT the molded battery holders

any motor system WILL fit the car...the problem with a 7700k system will be finding the proper gearing that will not overheat the motor, regardless of you can 'dial' down the system...I don't know what the 7700kv is related to in terms of 'turns', (but i DO know its an awful lot of power) but the chassis is really made for either a 30t brushed motor, or AT MOST a 21.5 brushless motor - yes, everyone runs more power then both of them, but you run into drivetrain breakage (because its not designed for that much power for extended periods of time) since you sound like you wanna just zip this thing around your driveway or local parking lot

the length of the car with body will actually depend on WHICH body you are putting on it - you have the datsun 510, datsun 240z, toyota trueno, and the porshce 911 - all different total lengths...
Old 12-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. I can get a brushed motor with the car so what turn should I get? I was thinking about a 15t-17t or should I get a 19?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info. I can get a brushed motor with the car so what turn should I get? I was thinking about a 15t-17t or should I get a 19?
just a silly question - why do you feel the need to put so much power in this car?!?!?!

if you plan on racing it - check with your local track to see what they are running in it...if you plan on basing with it - then put whatever you want in to...just be prepared to have parts fail or have a car that doesn't handle well because of the extra power
Old 12-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Fishymamba.

That battery your looking at the Reedy one.It will work but you will need to go with the oversized battery config.You'll find out about in the assembly.You will need some zip ties,or strapping tape/velcro. Read the instructions though and look at everything closely.

I went with a cheapo route. I got the 5400 lipo series venom racing lipo. That fits with the standard battery set-up but you need to trim a few things because that certain battery does not have rounded edges.It hard to find a lipo with rounded edges or so it seems for me. You would need to to trim out the battery holder a little more then what it says, and also some more on the additional pieces and it will work and it will still be a tight fit.

If you ever find something that will work with no moding. Fits and is the normal size of a 7.2 or 7.4 nimh battery please share it with everyone.

Last edited by Zach_RS; 12-20-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: dont want him messing his mini up
Old 12-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Fishymamba.

That battery your looking at the Reedy one.It will work but you will need to go with the oversized battery config.You'll find out about in the assembly.You will need some zip ties,or strapping tape/velcro. Read the instructions though and look at everything closely.

I went with a cheapo route. I got the 5400 lipo series venom racing lipo. That fits with the standard battery set-up but you need to trim a few things because that certain battery does not have rounded edges.It hard to find a lipo with rounded edges or so it seems for me. You would need to to trim out the battery holder a little more then what it says, and also some more on the additional pieces and it will work and it will still be a tight fit.

If you ever find something that will work with no moding. Fits and is the normal size of a 7.2 or 7.4 nimh battery please share it with everyone.

As for a motor. Dont go with anything lower then 19t, I had a 13t and the sheer torque of a motor like that WILL damage drivetrain parts.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Mods. Please delete my first reply
Old 12-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Zach_RS
It hard to find a lipo with rounded edges or so it seems for me.
here are a few rounded lipo packs...didn't take much of an effort to find

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVHA4&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCB6&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCB0&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCB1&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCB2&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXCJ9&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXCK0&P=7

that's orion's and reedy's choices at tower...I know hks hobbies have some imported ones as do rcmart....don't let the mah fool you, a good 3800 pack can and will run as good as a 'cut-rate' 5000mah pack...
Old 12-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zach_RS

As for a motor. Dont go with anything lower then 19t, I had a 13t and the sheer torque of a motor like that WILL damage drivetrain parts.
What part are the first to break? Should I get a few extras? Also are there any good drive train upgrades for the car?

I also wanted to ask what pinion gears come with the car? What tooth gear should I get for a 17t motor?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

What part are the first to break? Should I get a few extras? Also are there any good drive train upgrades for the car?

I also wanted to ask what pinion gears come with the car? What tooth gear should I get for a 17t motor?
the 'weakest' part of the entire kit is the plastic drive cups that attach to the bevel gears in each diff - those at the first part to break on everyone's car...as far as drivetrain upgrades - NOONE makes any parts for the drive train...

you get 1 pinion gears with the car...off the top of my head, its a 30 tooth pinion that comes with the kit...what are you planning on doing with the car? race it? bash it? if race it - what size track/what's everyone else running gear-wise?? (yes, it does sound like a lot of questions - but there isn't 1 'proper' gearings that will work everywhere for every type/size of track)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.