06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Originally Posted by justinco
I have a few questions, I have not raced on-road in 20+ years. I just ordered a Tamiya F104 v2 and need a few more things. Can anyone provide some recommendations?
1. Motor - (want to run 21.5t, keep the car UF1 spec'd)
2. ESC - (was thinking a Tekin RS, mostly 'cause I already have one. Better recommendation for 21.5t stock?)
3. Pinion and spur gear sizes - (I have no idea where to start)
4. Steering servo - (I have an extra AE DS1313, I suspect that is fine?)
5. Batteries - (I have a few shorty 2S Lipo packs, was going to use those)
You're gonna be good to go.
Motor: Schuur Speed or Reedy Sonic II seem to be poppin up in the winner circles here but not exclusively.
Gears: 93 Tamiya or 94-96 Kimbrough type 64 pitch for spur (need adapter for these) and 32-36 pinions will get you close, it's what I use anyway.
The rest you've got.
Last edited by F N CUDA; 06-03-2013 at 05:53 PM.