R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #1561
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike View Post
Hopefully it will be soon. I went to his site and all 18 parts I wanted are out of stock. I just recieved my TB03 and dont want to wait too long to put it together. I want to keep money in the U.S. and also buy from someone in this community.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the support. I have a large Tamiya shipment arriving today. My UPS guy is driving around town with it. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Jeff
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #1562
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ellenville N.Y.
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I actually have 2 questions. I have read that some are having problems with clearance with servos. I am just staring to shop one and would like to know what you guys are using without problems.

Secondly, I have a brand new Mamba 5700kv setup that I was going to use one day for off road if the other Mamba burnt out. Can I use it in this car?
__________________
Mike
====================================================================
T4-B4-SC10-TB03-LST2 Brushless-SV27-Elite MCX
====================================================================
djmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #1563
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike View Post
I actually have 2 questions. I have read that some are having problems with clearance with servos. I am just staring to shop one and would like to know what you guys are using without problems.

Secondly, I have a brand new Mamba 5700kv setup that I was going to use one day for off road if the other Mamba burnt out. Can I use it in this car?
It will physically fit though with that motor I think you will get some torque steer out of it. Obviously you can't race it with that speedo/motor if the track you run at has ROAR style requirements.
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #1564
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ellenville N.Y.
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am not racing it at any tracks yet. I just got into on road and have alot to learn about it before I can even think of racing. This is a big switch from off road. Eventually I will try racing so maybe I should just keep my mamba for off road and look into something else for this car. Any suggestions with motor and speedo?
__________________
Mike
====================================================================
T4-B4-SC10-TB03-LST2 Brushless-SV27-Elite MCX
====================================================================
djmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #1565
Tech Adept
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike View Post
I am not racing it at any tracks yet. I just got into on road and have alot to learn about it before I can even think of racing. This is a big switch from off road. Eventually I will try racing so maybe I should just keep my mamba for off road and look into something else for this car. Any suggestions with motor and speedo?
1) I chose the Futaba BLS551. Full size, low profile. Fits perfect, works great!
2) I also have the Mamba Max Pro with the 5700 motor. Also fits fine and works great. Granted, I just finished the build and have only run it a few times, but I don't foresee any issues.

What I have noticed, however, that running around my street it seems to have no grip. I really have to feather the throttle through the corners, pretty much resulting in a drift car. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe the slicks included in the kit aren't the best for asphalt? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SoCal
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #1566
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The kit tires are absolute garbage. Just about anything is better. HPI X pattern pro compound, Jaco, Sorex, anything!
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #1567
Tech Adept
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
The kit tires are absolute garbage. Just about anything is better. HPI X pattern pro compound, Jaco, Sorex, anything!
Thanks for your input. If it were you, what would you buy (again, for asphalt, not organized racing; just goofing around)
I'm new to 10th scale, and appreciate the help.

Also, bought a spool for the front end; haven't got around to installing it yet. Will that help?

Thanks,

SoCal

Last edited by SoCalGuy; 01-24-2010 at 06:09 PM.
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #1568
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Tires for asphalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Thanks for your input. If it were you, what would you buy (again, for asphalt, not organized racing; just goofing around)
I'm new to 10th scale, and appreciate the help.

Also, bought a spool for the front end; haven't got around to installing it yet. Will that help?

Thanks,

SoCal
I believe Sorex 36r's would work great on asphalt. Although they do work better in warmer temps. Much-More 32r's will work better in the cooler temps asphalt. Both of these come in pre-mounts if you don't like to buy rims and inserts and glue tires.
Shop around and you can find a set of 4 around $35-$45 pre-mounted on a variety of rims and inserts.
Just my 2$
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #1569
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Thanks for your input. If it were you, what would you buy (again, for asphalt, not organized racing; just goofing around)
I'm new to 10th scale, and appreciate the help.

Also, bought a spool for the front end; haven't got around to installing it yet. Will that help?

Thanks,

SoCal
HPI X-Patterns - D compounds are harder, less grip than the pro compounds but theoretically last longer.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=406

(scroll all the way down )
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #1570
Tech Adept
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 220
Default

Thanks guys for the tire input; looking forward to trying something new.
Need to tear into the rear diff this weekend. After only a couple runs, it has loosened up on me. Maybe I missed something in the instructions; oh well

SoCal
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #1571
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ellenville N.Y.
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I saw a hop up for shorter suspension arms. Do you really need these? They are supposed to help with chassis roll. At this time I will be running on asphalt basically practicing for when/if I get on the track. After I am done this car might look to pretty to race.. LOL
__________________
Mike
====================================================================
T4-B4-SC10-TB03-LST2 Brushless-SV27-Elite MCX
====================================================================
djmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #1572
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Thanks guys for the tire input; looking forward to trying something new.
Need to tear into the rear diff this weekend. After only a couple runs, it has loosened up on me. Maybe I missed something in the instructions; oh well

SoCal
Tamiya diffs are notorious for loosening up. The plastic piece that captures the lock nut will distort and the nut will sink into the plastic so your adjustment will change over time. If you use the hard plastic tree set, which is a gray color instead of black this will reduce that affect. The part tree also comes with the shock ball connectors which work great also but very hard to put on and take off.
I also use a spool and I'm sold on this option and will probably never go back to diff. Direct drive is very responsive and gives a lot of forward bite, and no maintanance is a plus!
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #1573
Tech Regular
 
RandomFellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike View Post
I saw a hop up for shorter suspension arms. Do you really need these? They are supposed to help with chassis roll. At this time I will be running on asphalt basically practicing for when/if I get on the track. After I am done this car might look to pretty to race.. LOL
The TB-03 already comes standard with the short suspension arms.
RandomFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #1574
Tech Adept
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Tamiya diffs are notorious for loosening up. The plastic piece that captures the lock nut will distort and the nut will sink into the plastic so your adjustment will change over time. If you use the hard plastic tree set, which is a gray color instead of black this will reduce that affect. The part tree also comes with the shock ball connectors which work great also but very hard to put on and take off.
Hard plastic tree set (gray)? Are you referring to the carbon reinforced ones that are available from Tamiya?
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #1575
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face Stand corrected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Hard plastic tree set (gray)? Are you referring to the carbon reinforced ones that are available from Tamiya?
Sorry for the confusion, I was refering to the wrong tree set. The ones with the diff pieces are the "A" parts tree(#54098) which is the reinforced plastic and the one I mentioned was the "V" parts tree (#53918)which is the low friction shock parts.
My bad!
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0