Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've got 4 of them 3 pro's one reg ,and I've run every other brushless esc out there wouldn't run anything else but Tekin now. Placed seventh in 13.5 foam at the IIC these esc's are amazing With new updates coming they are only going to get better.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tekin forum

Hi all,
Does anyone else have big problems registering at Tekin forum? I've been sending emails to tekin but still no response or validated registration.......or they just don't like Dutch....lol
Z
Old 09-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI SCOTT
Hello everyone i am not liking what i am reading about this ESC. I am running novak gtb right now but was going to switch to tekin rs but some of the things i am hearing and reading are scaring me away from tekin! What do you all think?
Not really sure what would scare you away? Out of all the posts in this thread i think you could count on one hand the number of people who've had issues w/ the speedo. I have 4 of them now, 2 pros and 2 non pros. Last time i ran it was the best race in my recent history and i have to attribute it to the speedo because it's the only thing i changed in the car (went from novak to tekin). The thing i like the most is the level of adjustability (when using hotwire), there is nothing even close to it out on the market today.

I've been a novak guy since my first t4 and t1x back in the day, but I'm all tekin now, i've sold or mothballed all my other brands of speedos tekin in everything i drive (i run b1's in my micro, well almost everything i have a sensored micro esc in my mod micro ).

Forgot to mention, when i did the swap even without adjusting for the weight loss on one side of the car i ran 12.4 where my times were normally 13.4 using the gtb, go figure.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3ndo5a
Can anyone state what the parmeters are on the Hotwire ESC timing settings......like what does the numbers represent . min~max......what would be the timing degrees on the speed controller by each click.
Do a search for timing in this thread, there was a post a couple pages back that had the direct map of percent to degrees.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3ndo5a
Can anyone state what the parmeters are on the Hotwire ESC timing settings......like what does the numbers represent . min~max......what would be the timing degrees on the speed controller by each click.
Originally Posted by YmeBP
Do a search for timing in this thread, there was a post a couple pages back that had the direct map of percent to degrees.
correct me Tekin if im wrong:
1%= .3 degrees
2%= .6 degress
every % = .3 degrees of timing
5%= 1.5
10%= 3 degrees
15%= 4.5 degrees
every 5% = 1.5 degrees
every 10%= 3 degrees
Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LOSI SCOTT
Hello everyone i am not liking what i am reading about this ESC. I am running novak gtb right now but was going to switch to tekin rs but some of the things i am hearing and reading are scaring me away from tekin! What do you all think?
It doesn't scare me away. The service is great and a club member has one to and it goes fast.

Also other Tekin products are verry good.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you're not getting into the forum it's not becuase we don't like you! LOL

If your email looks suspiscous we won't approve it. Gmail is a killer and we don't like it much.

Shoot me a pm with your forum id and the e-mail that you used.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
correct me Tekin if im wrong:
1%= .3 degrees
2%= .6 degress
every % = .3 degrees of timing
5%= 1.5
10%= 3 degrees
15%= 4.5 degrees
every 5% = 1.5 degrees
every 10%= 3 degrees

Thanks for the post(twice 508), how did you figure this out?

So being 100% = 30* timinig in Sl mode

And from what I understand this is more so adapted to the sensoreless mode

or the sensored only disable, which I found out this morning was the reason I could not launch my car. I check the Box (enable)and now it take off like a bullet.

With it being enable the timing setting(HW) is not effected until the harness come off or broken, which I learn the car better be moving in the event it does happen.

So in the enable mode the ESC is runnning timing from the motor "if there is adjustable timing on the motor " if not it just running whatever lock timing the motor have.

In disable mode it will start off S with the harness and switch to SL which would uses the timing for HW.

I believe I will leave the ESC in enable mode, since it will switch anyway if the harness is effected.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:36 PM
mo
Tech Master

Hey guys. I've posted my RS settings for TC, 4wd offroad and 2wd offroad at http://sites.google.com/site/jmoberl...ekin-rs-setups if anyone is interested.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool, cheers mo.
Don't suppose you have a setup for 10.5 TC do you?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
mo
Tech Master

Same as 13.5. I run the motors at max timing and I would start with a 5.2:1 ratio with the 10.5 and go from there.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If you're not getting into the forum it's not becuase we don't like you! LOL

If your email looks suspiscous we won't approve it. Gmail is a killer and we don't like it much.

Shoot me a pm with your forum id and the e-mail that you used.
PM sent.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
Same as 13.5. I run the motors at max timing and I would start with a 5.2:1 ratio with the 10.5 and go from there.
Cheers Mo
Old 09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Could someone inform me on the Tekin waranty-rules?
(LRP gives life-time warranty, what does Tekin?)
I've been looking on their site but haven't found it yet.
THX in advance.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Low_E
Could someone inform me on the Tekin waranty-rules?
(LRP gives life-time warranty, what does Tekin?)
I've been looking on their site but haven't found it yet.
THX in advance.
Technically LRP doesn't offer lifetime warranty anymore !
"Due to a new leading decision of the Federal Court of Justice saying a lifelong guaranty is no longer permitted - the LRP Limited Lifetime Warranty is from now on converted into a 25 Years Warranty."

That was back in december.

However this is still a long time for a speedo...

Tekin offers a 120 days warranty, which is plenty enough to spot any faulty units. So in fact it's the same as a 25 years warranty as i any case the LRP warrants defective units and not user mistakes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.