Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I just got the new Novak Balistic17.5 which is more of a torque motor then the Trienty I had before. (or so I hear) The track is small (45X30). Are there any good starting point like the question that I ask.
I can't provide a guesstimated rollout, however, the foolproof way to develop your own rollout IMO is to:
1)turn-off the turbo boost
2)set the motor and ESC to around 30deg (total)
3)test different ratios/rollouts on the track until your infield speeds are acceptable.
4)Then turn the turbo boost back on, starting with a high delay and about half of the available turbo boost, watching the cars behavior on the straightaway.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Greg thanks for the tip. I will give it a try today.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alangking_306
hai guys so sad that nobody want to reply my question hope somebody form tekin will answer it i am a fan tekin and i buy rs pro and hotwire
in my country malaysia quite exspensive while my frnd mostly using lrp only i alone using tekin product
1)why my 3pks cant match with the rspro, everytime need to ush 3 scnd button and need to push sw3 button then i can play my car?
2) hot wire setting! as i understand reading this forum, setting need as per trek
condition then ur car can go like a rocket or can saw the car have 2 speed like nitro car....fi my cyclone tc internal ratio 2.16 i am using 11.5t sp version 3 what the best spur n pinion and what ratio need to use n can somebody teach me how to set hotwire pls give 1 example from drag to turbo delay
thanks a lot
for a tekin hopefully my frnd will open their eyes if their saw tekin go like rocket
If you practice at TT/Glenmarie/19/Kota Raja let me know. We can meet at any of those tracks one of these days and I'll help you setup.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

A friend came today at the club with a brand new Speedpassion (3) 17.5 motor on his car, hooked up to the RSpro and asked me for advice in tuning it (I gave him the idea to buy the Tekin system). Not knowing what the timing was on the motor I advised him to be quite conservative with the boost (we settled at about 30%, whatever that is in degrees) and lowered the turbo at about 50% with .7 delay. We didn't have any time to experiment or even temp the motor as the race (enduro, half hour non stop) was to start immediately. The motor however was quite cool (I checked it at the first battery change) and run with no problems at all.

Anyone care to coment? Is this motor inherently faster than others? Keep in mind we have more experienced racers at the track, and people who run 17.5 in the championship every week with all sorts of other systems.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
A friend came today at the club with a brand new Speedpassion (3) 17.5 motor on his car, hooked up to the RSpro and asked me for advice in tuning it (I gave him the idea to buy the Tekin system). Not knowing what the timing was on the motor I advised him to be quite conservative with the boost (we settled at about 30%, whatever that is in degrees) and lowered the turbo at about 50% with .7 delay. We didn't have any time to experiment or even temp the motor as the race (enduro, half hour non stop) was to start immediately. The motor however was quite cool (I checked it at the first battery change) and run with no problems at all.

Anyone care to coment? Is this motor inherently faster than others? Keep in mind we have more experienced racers at the track, and people who run 17.5 in the championship every week with all sorts of other systems.
The Speedpassion motors are the slowest I now. On small tracks they are quit good with acceleration but top speed is than not good.
The motors run the best by a temp from almost 180F.
The only problem is, is that you must watch out that it don't get much higher because els your can trow your motor away.
Withoud the Turbo I used with the speedpassion motor about 18 to 23 boost. With the Turbo I use now 10 to 12 Boost.
Standard the motor is on about 12. Timing is strange but most motors are standard on about 12 so use that and you are close to the real timing on the motor.
When you want a better motor, get a Tekin, Novak or a LRP X12. That are the best motors that can handle a lot. I love my Tekin and it's my nr 1 motor.
You must gear it light and when you show your gearing to SPX drivers, they go crazy.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

when you guys say gear it light... does that mean a 6.0 FDR or do you mean a 3.0 FDR?

Sorry for the newbie question, just trying to follow the thread.

TIA
Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Markus
when you guys say gear it light... does that mean a 6.0 FDR or do you mean a 3.0 FDR?

Sorry for the newbie question, just trying to follow the thread.

TIA
Old 12-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

I gear my 10,5T even higher than 6.0. I have now my LRP on 7,6FDR wile the SPX drivers with the same motor are around the 6,7 or even heavier LOL
Old 12-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have a software question. i have v200 that offers .5 second delay...but i hear there is a v200 vegas edition to get .2 second delay...is this correct? if so, would anyone like to email me v200 vegas edition? [email protected]

thanks
thomas
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TfnG
i have a software question. i have v200 that offers .5 second delay...but i hear there is a v200 vegas edition to get .2 second delay...is this correct? if so, would anyone like to email me v200 vegas edition? [email protected]

thanks
thomas
Email sent.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
Email sent.
Can i get a copy of the v200 vegas also?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default thanks

to all the guys who respond thanks a lot, iwill try it,for cynde i at jb with bcrt
if got time i will let u know thanks a lot guys
Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
The Speedpassion motors are the slowest I now. On small tracks they are quit good with acceleration but top speed is than not good.
The motors run the best by a temp from almost 180F.
The only problem is, is that you must watch out that it don't get much higher because els your can trow your motor away.
Withoud the Turbo I used with the speedpassion motor about 18 to 23 boost. With the Turbo I use now 10 to 12 Boost.
Standard the motor is on about 12. Timing is strange but most motors are standard on about 12 so use that and you are close to the real timing on the motor.
When you want a better motor, get a Tekin, Novak or a LRP X12. That are the best motors that can handle a lot. I love my Tekin and it's my nr 1 motor.
You must gear it light and when you show your gearing to SPX drivers, they go crazy.

This doesn't sound like what I saw yesterday. Are you sure you are talking about the SP 3? I mean this one:

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=4880

Have you tried that?

Perhaps you didn't have the gearing right. My friend's car was really fast. Remember, he was runing against people who run stock all the time, and his car was faster by a clear margin.

From personal experience I can tell you about the Hacker I have which is really slow, but has so much torque you need to gear it really heavily and it will pull like a mad dog.

Last edited by niznai; 12-09-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fpart
Can i get a copy of the v200 vegas also?
I don't have it on this computer, but I can load it onto your RS at Horsham next time you're there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.