Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Let me rephrase my question. When and how is the "timing boost" added? Is it all (the amount selected) added at once or is it gradually added. Also, at what point is the "timing boost" added.

ie.... motor has 10 degrees of mechanical timing. User selects 10 for timing boost. As the throttle is pulled how is the timing boost added to the motor?

Is the 10 degrees of timing boost instantly applied to the motor?
No, timing boost is applied within the first few feet of car travel...

Is the 10 degrees of timing boost added in a linear fashion until reaching 100% throttle (at 50% you would have 10 degrees mechanical and 5 degrees of software timing applied).
No, timing boost does have a ramp but it's quite agressive.

This is what I don't understand. There must be some reason we are able to adjust both. Otherwise, the motors would be just designed with 0 degrees of timing and you would set it via the esc. Once we understand how one effects the other then and only then will we be able to utilize it to it's full potential.
Each type of timing has a different feel. Motor timing for instance seems to have an instant hit and rip feel. Where as timing boost is softer. Experiment with them for your preferred feel.

Answers in red.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

With 10 degrees of mechanical timing and 0 boost,.... would the motor have the same max RPM and power as a motor with 0 degrees of mechanical timing and 10 degrees of boost? (no turbo)

Just curious if the two effect the motor equally but via different methods.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default new to road

SO I just ran my TC4 for the first time tonight. I am running a 72 spur with a 30 pinion. Motor is a 13.5. I am really clueless on the settings to get it where I need to be. I have the vegas version. I don't understand motor timing and boost as much as some on this forum so could someone give me some simple settings to start. I have read through this forum and have seen many posts with this, but I need one for my situation. I am running on a fairly small track on carpet. My temps were at 150ish after about 10 minutes of run time. Thanks to all who help me out.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, 10 on the motor vs. 10 on the esc will be the same once the car is moving at speed.

On your carpet Tc4 setup what are you looking to gain speed wise? How big is the track? What's the setup you're running now?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i don't know your final drive ratio, but my car finally came alive when i got up near an fdr of around 7.0..
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

turbo boost is not working any suggestions, need help.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
did it work before,are you using 200 or the vegas 200.one thing is to uninstall it and re install it and see if it helps.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

on small laptops usage with hotwire i have a dell mini notebook with windows xp that i have the hotwire on and works perfect didnt have to change anything i dont know all the details on it just grabed it,i think it was like 200 not 100% sure i stole it from my nephew to try it
Old 10-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Yes, 10 on the motor vs. 10 on the esc will be the same once the car is moving at speed.

On your carpet Tc4 setup what are you looking to gain speed wise? How big is the track? What's the setup you're running now?
track is medium size. I do not have the measurements. Turbo is at 0.5 delay. Timing and turbo are both at 10. FDR is at about 6.0. If I go up to 7 FDR better than going down to say 5.4ish. Just looking to be a little quicker, but just want to make sure I am in the ball park starting out. I know it takes a long time to get the best set-up because every driver is different, so just looking for a baseline to start. Also how long before I take temps....6 min? Thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
Recalibrate with %80 forward epa then turn it back up to %100 after the recalibration. This was supposed to be fixed from what i heard but i still have to do this or turbo work very intermittently if at all.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

hey guys im gunna be rnning a tc3 this weekend and i did a search and couldnt find a setup. i will be runnin a tekin rs with 200 software and a tekin 17.5 motor can somebody please give me setup for the esc. i also have the vegas software to take the delay below .5 delay thanks alot in advance
Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by $Tmoney$
hey guys im gunna be rnning a tc3 this weekend and i did a search and couldnt find a setup. i will be runnin a tekin rs with 200 software and a tekin 17.5 motor can somebody please give me setup for the esc. i also have the vegas software to take the delay below .5 delay thanks alot in advance
What size track?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
This is a gross simplification, so apologies in advance to the engineers who really understand DC electric BL motors...

Advance that you put on the motor is always there, no matter what. Boost comes in as the revs rise, and adds the amount of timing you select. Turbo comes in after the throttle is wide open, at the time delay you select. So...

If you have 10 deg on the motor, it's always there. As the revs rise, the amount of boost you have added comes in. Once you reach full throttle, the speedo waits until the delay is over and then adds the amount of timing you selected for the turbo.

The motor will gain speed using its torque. It has maximum torque at zero revs, and the torque dies off as the revs rise. To get the motor to go faster in this situation, you need to add timing. The boost and turbo add timing after the motor has gianed speed using the torque, so if you add the turbo too early, you kill the torque and the motor slows down. It will then increase speed very slowly. Resist the temptation to throw all the timing at it (boost and turbo) until you have sorted out its performance in the infield.

I set my car by turning the turbo right down to 5 with about 0.7 delay. I set the gearing/motor timing, and the boost, to get the best rip between the corners. Depending on how long the straight (and any sweepers) are depends how much turbo you can use. The delay depends on how quickly you can get the car up to speed. HTH
okay i now totally get it!!! this was most helpful thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
What size track?
um its a parking lot like with a 60 foot straight or less
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by $Tmoney$
um its a parking lot like with a 60 foot straight or less
Start at a 5.1 final with 15 boost and max turbo with .5 delay, if they have it set up with a sweeper before the straight go with .7-.8 delay, with a switch back or hair pin before the straight drop the delay to .3-.4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.