R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #8491
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post
I just got the new Novak Balistic17.5 which is more of a torque motor then the Trienty I had before. (or so I hear) The track is small (45X30). Are there any good starting point like the question that I ask.
I can't provide a guesstimated rollout, however, the foolproof way to develop your own rollout IMO is to:
1)turn-off the turbo boost
2)set the motor and ESC to around 30deg (total)
3)test different ratios/rollouts on the track until your infield speeds are acceptable.
4)Then turn the turbo boost back on, starting with a high delay and about half of the available turbo boost, watching the cars behavior on the straightaway.

Hope that helps.
__________________
Why don't we endurance race more often?
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #8492
Tech Addict
 
Mugen10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen10 Send a message via Skype™ to Mugen10
Default

Greg thanks for the tip. I will give it a try today.
__________________
Central Kentucky Racing
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Xray T4
Mugen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #8493
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alangking_306 View Post
hai guys so sad that nobody want to reply my question hope somebody form tekin will answer it i am a fan tekin and i buy rs pro and hotwire
in my country malaysia quite exspensive while my frnd mostly using lrp only i alone using tekin product
1)why my 3pks cant match with the rspro, everytime need to ush 3 scnd button and need to push sw3 button then i can play my car?
2) hot wire setting! as i understand reading this forum, setting need as per trek
condition then ur car can go like a rocket or can saw the car have 2 speed like nitro car....fi my cyclone tc internal ratio 2.16 i am using 11.5t sp version 3 what the best spur n pinion and what ratio need to use n can somebody teach me how to set hotwire pls give 1 example from drag to turbo delay
thanks a lot
for a tekin hopefully my frnd will open their eyes if their saw tekin go like rocket
If you practice at TT/Glenmarie/19/Kota Raja let me know. We can meet at any of those tracks one of these days and I'll help you setup.
__________________
/Adrian.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #8494
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

A friend came today at the club with a brand new Speedpassion (3) 17.5 motor on his car, hooked up to the RSpro and asked me for advice in tuning it (I gave him the idea to buy the Tekin system). Not knowing what the timing was on the motor I advised him to be quite conservative with the boost (we settled at about 30%, whatever that is in degrees) and lowered the turbo at about 50% with .7 delay. We didn't have any time to experiment or even temp the motor as the race (enduro, half hour non stop) was to start immediately. The motor however was quite cool (I checked it at the first battery change) and run with no problems at all.

Anyone care to coment? Is this motor inherently faster than others? Keep in mind we have more experienced racers at the track, and people who run 17.5 in the championship every week with all sorts of other systems.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #8495
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
A friend came today at the club with a brand new Speedpassion (3) 17.5 motor on his car, hooked up to the RSpro and asked me for advice in tuning it (I gave him the idea to buy the Tekin system). Not knowing what the timing was on the motor I advised him to be quite conservative with the boost (we settled at about 30%, whatever that is in degrees) and lowered the turbo at about 50% with .7 delay. We didn't have any time to experiment or even temp the motor as the race (enduro, half hour non stop) was to start immediately. The motor however was quite cool (I checked it at the first battery change) and run with no problems at all.

Anyone care to coment? Is this motor inherently faster than others? Keep in mind we have more experienced racers at the track, and people who run 17.5 in the championship every week with all sorts of other systems.
The Speedpassion motors are the slowest I now. On small tracks they are quit good with acceleration but top speed is than not good.
The motors run the best by a temp from almost 180F.
The only problem is, is that you must watch out that it don't get much higher because els your can trow your motor away.
Withoud the Turbo I used with the speedpassion motor about 18 to 23 boost. With the Turbo I use now 10 to 12 Boost.
Standard the motor is on about 12. Timing is strange but most motors are standard on about 12 so use that and you are close to the real timing on the motor.
When you want a better motor, get a Tekin, Novak or a LRP X12. That are the best motors that can handle a lot. I love my Tekin and it's my nr 1 motor.
You must gear it light and when you show your gearing to SPX drivers, they go crazy.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #8496
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MD
Posts: 1,116
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

when you guys say gear it light... does that mean a 6.0 FDR or do you mean a 3.0 FDR?

Sorry for the newbie question, just trying to follow the thread.

TIA
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #8497
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
when you guys say gear it light... does that mean a 6.0 FDR or do you mean a 3.0 FDR?

Sorry for the newbie question, just trying to follow the thread.

TIA
6.0
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #8498
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

I gear my 10,5T even higher than 6.0. I have now my LRP on 7,6FDR wile the SPX drivers with the same motor are around the 6,7 or even heavier LOL
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #8499
Tech Master
 
TfnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wesley Chapel FL
Posts: 1,262
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

i have a software question. i have v200 that offers .5 second delay...but i hear there is a v200 vegas edition to get .2 second delay...is this correct? if so, would anyone like to email me v200 vegas edition? [email protected]

thanks
thomas
__________________
GRAVECLOTHING.COM PROLEVELRC.COM
TfnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #8500
Tech Fanatic
 
bukil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BenTooWrah
Posts: 998
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TfnG View Post
i have a software question. i have v200 that offers .5 second delay...but i hear there is a v200 vegas edition to get .2 second delay...is this correct? if so, would anyone like to email me v200 vegas edition? [email protected]

thanks
thomas
Email sent.
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #8501
Tech Master
 
TfnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wesley Chapel FL
Posts: 1,262
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Thanks!!!
__________________
GRAVECLOTHING.COM PROLEVELRC.COM
TfnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #8502
Tech Master
 
fpart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,967
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
Email sent.
Can i get a copy of the v200 vegas also?
__________________
teamTrinity.com Sweepracingusa.com
スクービーは私のヒーローです!
Why is Scooby so slow, you might ask?
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #8503
Tech Addict
 
alangking_306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 593
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default thanks

to all the guys who respond thanks a lot, iwill try it,for cynde i at jb with bcrt
if got time i will let u know thanks a lot guys
__________________
4pk,PT 2549804,V one R4,,RB matrix,nova 353,3st (RRRR,mega, evo2 history)
JBRCC -Black Crow Racing Team-
alangking_306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #8504
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
The Speedpassion motors are the slowest I now. On small tracks they are quit good with acceleration but top speed is than not good.
The motors run the best by a temp from almost 180F.
The only problem is, is that you must watch out that it don't get much higher because els your can trow your motor away.
Withoud the Turbo I used with the speedpassion motor about 18 to 23 boost. With the Turbo I use now 10 to 12 Boost.
Standard the motor is on about 12. Timing is strange but most motors are standard on about 12 so use that and you are close to the real timing on the motor.
When you want a better motor, get a Tekin, Novak or a LRP X12. That are the best motors that can handle a lot. I love my Tekin and it's my nr 1 motor.
You must gear it light and when you show your gearing to SPX drivers, they go crazy.

This doesn't sound like what I saw yesterday. Are you sure you are talking about the SP 3? I mean this one:

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...oducts_id=4880

Have you tried that?

Perhaps you didn't have the gearing right. My friend's car was really fast. Remember, he was runing against people who run stock all the time, and his car was faster by a clear margin.

From personal experience I can tell you about the Hacker I have which is really slow, but has so much torque you need to gear it really heavily and it will pull like a mad dog.
__________________
Team Greasy Weasel

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 12-09-2009 at 10:02 PM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #8505
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Can i get a copy of the v200 vegas also?
I don't have it on this computer, but I can load it onto your RS at Horsham next time you're there.
__________________
Why don't we endurance race more often?
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net