Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

How does it perform with 100% timing and compared to what? what about temp.? i will go and get my SP 9.5 today...
Old 09-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

I didn't tested it yet. I hope it's dry tomorow so i can test it.
I want as much as possible power.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
Why not 100% timing?
Or is that for every motor diffrend?
I have it on 100% for a speedpassion 9,5
High turn motors need as much timing as possible and on all the feigao based motors this goes higher than what is achievable in sensorless mode (or hybrid, same thing).

If you run sensored only you can have more timing, hence more revs. And in sensored only the timing set in the hotwire has no effect at all.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The timing setting on the speedo is irrelevant in sensored only mode. It goes directly off the motor timing.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Hotwire or RS Pro issue?

Bench testing settings last night. Hotwire sees my RS Pro, can read current settings, can even change firmware. However, after attempting to change settings, I get an error box with "No response from the controller". Disconnect Hotwire, re-connect to Rx. Turn on power switch, servo works, all red LEDS on dim on RS Pro. Reconnect Hotwire, restart Hotwire software, single red LED on bright on RS Pro, flickering green LED on Hotwire and red LEDs dim (like usual). Can see current settings, change drag brake %, apply settings, same error.

RS Pro only gets all LEDs on dim at powerup.

Ideas? Is she dead, Jim?

Already tried uninstalling Hotwire / software. Removed USB entry from the registry, reinstalled s/w, etc. Same No response error when applying settings. Hotwire SW can still retrieve current settings. Tried "Factory reset" with same results. RS doesn't appear to start up.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Working again

Even though I tried it last night at home on my laptop, I installed the Hotwire software on my work PC, and downgraded the RS Pro from 180 to 178 fw, then upgraded back to 180. Now everything works OK again. I'll have to try changing settings with my laptop before I leave work today in case I need to go through this again.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Even though I tried it last night at home on my laptop, I installed the Hotwire software on my work PC, and downgraded the RS Pro from 180 to 178 fw, then upgraded back to 180. Now everything works OK again. I'll have to try changing settings with my laptop before I leave work today in case I need to go through this again.
Chances are it's a problem with your laptop. Try updating .net...
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

laptop.... I run hotwire off an old laptop and a new pc and both works fine!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Same exact experience here, and my version of .NET was fine. Downgrading and then upgrading brought the ESC back to life.

Does .NET not have some built-in utility for detecting the installed version? Perhaps the software could alert us if our .NET is out of spec?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Bt witch way is the best way to connect a brushed motor?
Where do i get the most power out. 2 wires or with in total 4 wires to the motor?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you look at your instructions it shows hot to do it properly. I use a trimmed down battery bar soldered straight to the posts. This requires advanced soldering skills and should only be done if your comfortable. Next best way is to simply jump the s wires together close to the esc and run one of them back to the motor.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
If you look at your instructions it shows hot to do it properly. I use a trimmed down battery bar soldered straight to the posts. This requires advanced soldering skills and should only be done if your comfortable. Next best way is to simply jump the s wires together close to the esc and run one of them back to the motor.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Adam?
Does .NET not have some built-in utility for detecting the installed version? Perhaps the software could alert us if our .NET is out of spec?
Not sure if .NET has this function (I would imagine it does) but programs can also query the Windows registry and determine the installed version of the .NET framework. Been there, done that, in my own Installshield installers. They could then also invoke the .NET installer, since it appears that it is already on the V2.7 Hotwire CD.

Oh, and after bringing the RS Pro back from the dead with the downgrade/upgrade trick, the laptop can talk to it fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mo
The timing setting on the speedo is irrelevant in sensored only mode. It goes directly off the motor timing.
Am I reading things wrong ? I ask because in the post quoted below, Randy is suggesting that even when run in sensored only mode, that adjusting the timing through the hotwire interface does make a difference.. Would just like some clarification on this.

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It will depend on the motor. Some motors have more timing adjustment. I've been using the Tekin that allows up to 24'. So with that motor in Sensored only I'm running my timing at 90. I tried 100 but had to much wheel spin(ie too much power).

So I'd tell you to do the same. If you want more power and top end crank the timing up to max. Watch your temps and make sure you're geared accordingly.

Randy

Thanks

RC
Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roadsplat
Am I reading things wrong ? I ask because in the post quoted below, Randy is suggesting that even when run in sensored only mode, that adjusting the timing through the hotwire interface does make a difference.. Would just like some clarification on this.

Thanks

RC
It's been said time and time again. The timing slider in the hotwire is relevant of the sensorless operation of the motor only. When the sensored only mode is being used, this slider becomes irrelevant, just like the push control slider in brushless mode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.