Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

cheers for that just rebuilt the diff and found nothing wrong but i try it next friday and see how it goes

Ginge
Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-mini
hi all i'm having a bit of a problem with my m03 i'm hoping someone can help?

Two weeks ago my m03 was planted i could nearly go flat out round the corners and it would go flat out down the straight and would go straight as a dart i was well happy with it, now its still great round the corners but as soon as a i put the power down the car goes to the left. i've looked all over the car and find nothing wrong.
i'm running 17.5Bl with a Ta03 ball diff,any help would be great

Cheers Ginge
The probability is that one of your outdrives has popped out of the diff on one side. Do you have the 'o' rings in the outdrives? Or is one of them badly worn?
This is the main purpose of those 'o' rings, to keep the outdrives properly seated. It's also possible that if there is looseness there that the splines have now started to strip.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, just sharing. 1st Tamiya RC Open held inside SM Megamall. Exposing minis to lots of people. Hopefully more indoor mall races to come.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi, just sharing. 1st Tamiya RC Open held inside SM Megamall. Exposing minis to lots of people. Hopefully more indoor mall races to come.
That looks awesome. Looks like you had a huge crowd.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:44 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Malls may be a great venue for a race. With the economy slumping malls are looking for events that will bring in a crowd. Great job!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi f1larry, MD, yes hopefully some new drivers from the crowd. Tamiya is doing a good job.

Last edited by rccartips; 03-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tony gray;7131293]The probability is that one of your outdrives has popped out of the diff on one side. Do you have the 'o' rings in the outdrives? Or is one of them badly worn?
This is the main purpose of those 'o' rings, to keep the outdrives properly seated. It's also possible that if there is looseness there that the splines have now started to strip.[/QUOTE

Even when you have universals?

Do you still put them ?

No suspension binds?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Starteur;7133577]
Originally Posted by tony gray
The probability is that one of your outdrives has popped out of the diff on one side. Do you have the 'o' rings in the outdrives? Or is one of them badly worn?
This is the main purpose of those 'o' rings, to keep the outdrives properly seated. It's also possible that if there is looseness there that the splines have now started to strip.[/QUOTE

Do you still put them ?

No suspension binds?

Thanks
The O rings have a double role. One is as explained above, to keep in the dogbones if used. The second role is to keep in the diff outdrives if the older TA03/Manta ray version is used, as these outdrives are not held inside by anything. If you use the balldiff and universals there's no need for the rings. Otherwise you need them.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default M05 Traction

Been running my M05 this morning fine top speed but slow off the line and through the infield and as we are running standard motors it difficult to catch back up again. running S grips all round will full additive and ca on the front walls. Guess my problem is purely one of lack of traction from rest / low speed. Using tamiya alloy shocks and white kit springs. Any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Starteur;7133577]
Originally Posted by tony gray
The probability is that one of your out drives has popped out of the diff on one side. Do you have the 'o' rings in the out drives? Or is one of them badly worn?
This is the main purpose of those 'o' rings, to keep the out drives properly seated. It's also possible that if there is looseness there that the splines have now started to strip.[/QUOTE

Do you still put them ?

No suspension binds?

Thanks

hi there

it had all new out drives and o'rings a couple of races ago, but i've gone all over the car and can't find nothing wrong, the suspension is free and not binding i've strip the diff and rebuilt it but there was nothing wrong with it.
but until Friday i cant properly test it

maybe i should call scooby doo coz its a real mystery

cheers for your help

Ginge
Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bosscat
Been running my M05 this morning fine top speed but slow off the line and through the infield and as we are running standard motors it difficult to catch back up again. running S grips all round will full additive and ca on the front walls. Guess my problem is purely one of lack of traction from rest / low speed. Using tamiya alloy shocks and white kit springs. Any suggestions?
Diff slipping?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

post your set up on here and i will try to help with set up , are you racing on carpet ??

mine is the fastest of our track
Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Timbulb

Not a very polite answer to follow that link, but thanks anyway.

But it's not a very updated or complete list is it? I mean I think I have heard of some other manufacturers like Carson and Kamtec that also make bodies that wil work on a M or L size M-chassis.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Bosscat,

are you running the standard kit diff (gear diff) a ball diff or a Spool Diff?

If your running a ball diff how tight is it?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recently built my M05 - need some troubleshooting help.

On throttle the car drives straight, off throttle the car moves left. I am running a new Tamiya ball diff and CVD's no "o" rings or foams in the cups. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Suspension and steering are free (has new Tamiya aluminum steering ). This one has me baffled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.