Old 01-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Good points Ray
Old 01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice...

and one more thing....its okay for ppl to make suggestions....Vette bodies ect, and its okay if someone runs a T3, and its okay to have an opinion....

play nice.....above the rules or under them, ppl read this thread all the time, and more I say this the more ppl seem to forget....

YOU DO MORE HARM BY POSTING "HURTFULL,NEGATIVE,EVIL,SMART AZZ,NASTY..ECT" THAN ANY RULE CHANGE WILL EVER DO, PPL ARE HERE TO ASK QUESTIONS, GET INFO,AND GET POSITIVE FEED BACK...IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO POST IN RESPONSE, DONT POST AT ALL!

I will or somebody else will happily answer questions or suggestions with out all the BS......we only hurt the class when ppl see all the "drama" back and forward on this thread...lets stick with the topic at hand and answer each others post w/o insults or rude behavior...

BTW...you guys are making to much of this anyway....run whatever gets your juices going...

and I never did get my answer to the major races that are sanction by the USVTA....or what races should we prepare for under the new rules for the fall season...
Old 01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
2) Why on earth would you "want to try the other tires tho(sic)" unless you thought you might find a performance advantage there? Then they'd get turned back like the programmable esc's have and you'd just have to piss and moan about that too. Sheeesh, even MOST TC programs I'm aware of are spec'ing a rubber tire. Why? To maintain competitive balance and save folk the time and expense of trying different tires. Spec a tire that works and it's done.
Looking into the alternate HPI VTA tire is a valid point. Rumour has it that the different tire tread was stiffer at the sidewall. If this is really the case, the tire would keep it's shape longer, therefore last longer, in turn fit well with VTA keeping costs down.

Anybody test these tires?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Exclamation

Hey guys, long-time-no-see. Good to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I found a full set of USVTA vintage tires mounted on the dark grey 8-spoke wheels if anyone is looking for a broken in, like new set of tires for racing.

posted in the classifieds here
Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xevias
Looking into the alternate HPI VTA tire is a valid point. Rumour has it that the different tire tread was stiffer at the sidewall. If this is really the case, the tire would keep it's shape longer, therefore last longer, in turn fit well with VTA keeping costs down.

they hook up really nice...but havent used them in any races, or over long term to test wear...but with my Ragu, I get the others to hook up as well
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

To me they look like a better tire. Tires are something we all have to replace eventually. If they proved to be an advantage I'm sure some guys would buy them, just as I am sure some guys would still swear by the old tires. It's just another option.

I didn't intend on getting flamed by my post. I thought that I was posting it on a DISCUSSION forum....

Last edited by trerc; 01-05-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Hey guys, long-time-no-see. Good to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I found a full set of USVTA vintage tires mounted on the dark grey 8-spoke wheels if anyone is looking for a broken in, like new set of tires for racing.

posted in the classifieds here
HI
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

What are the parameters you are allowed to taylor, modify, shape a spec tire right now? Can you round off the corners and super glue the sidewalls without being out-of-bounds?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Tire & Wheel Specifications:
The only tires allowed are HPI tire part #4793 front and #4797 rear, using stock tire inserts provided with tire and any HPI Vintage wheels designed to fit these tires. All other tires and/or part numbers are illegal. Five or Eight spoke wheels available in various colors. 0mm offset front wheels and 6mm offset rear wheels are intended for 26mm width fronts and 31mm width rear tires. 8-spoke Vintage wheels from #3805 through #3814, 5-spoke Vintage wheels from #3815 through #3822 and Vintage stock car wheels from #3854 through #3860, Vintage Wheel CC Type #33472 and #33473, Vintage Wheel DTP Type #33474 and #33475 are all legal wheels.

Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed. HPI Vintage Slicks and HPI Vintage Performance Tires are not allowed. Tire traction compounds are at the discretion of the track. No other altering, changing or softening of the tire is allowed. No "double stuffing" of foam inserts allowed—only single stock vintage tire inserts are allowed.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Tire & Wheel Specifications:
The only tires allowed are HPI tire part #4793 front and #4797 rear, using stock tire inserts provided with tire and any HPI Vintage wheels designed to fit these tires. All other tires and/or part numbers are illegal. Five or Eight spoke wheels available in various colors. 0mm offset front wheels and 6mm offset rear wheels are intended for 26mm width fronts and 31mm width rear tires. 8-spoke Vintage wheels from #3805 through #3814, 5-spoke Vintage wheels from #3815 through #3822 and Vintage stock car wheels from #3854 through #3860, Vintage Wheel CC Type #33472 and #33473, Vintage Wheel DTP Type #33474 and #33475 are all legal wheels.

Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed. HPI Vintage Slicks and HPI Vintage Performance Tires are not allowed. Tire traction compounds are at the discretion of the track. No other altering, changing or softening of the tire is allowed. No "double stuffing" of foam inserts allowed—only single stock vintage tire inserts are allowed.

Thanks Darkside. Cleaning up the mold seam and glue on the sidewalls would give the tire more of a scrub rather than having it fold under. Same thing that happens with foam in 1/10th or 1/12th.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Who are you again???? J/K

Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I did try them, maybe, but maybe a little more steering with this tires, but for me they didn't last that long... The regular tires last longer for me
Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I raced VTA at Twin Bridges in December and had a blast. Previously, I raced in the 13.5 rubber TC class.

Ultragasti mentioned dirt oval racing during the discussion about rule changes. I also race the 13.5 LM spec class. In DODC events you must run a spec lipo battery and motor with the DODC sticker. Here in Illinois the rule makers for our WCIL Point Series promised to run the spec batteries for two years to help even out the cost. Hopefully, USVTA will do the same to reduce the cost of the 25.5 motor.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have been looking around the web for the "driver" figures listed...anyone find the AE one in stock anywhere?? I think HPI made one for the Rally car...I saw one at an HPI challenge last summer....they look good
Old 01-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

when will the 25.5 start selling as a brushless system on the novack web site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.