Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default BMI DB12rr Lipo SOLD ...

sold ...

Last edited by tomkatn; 02-07-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianM
How about 24k gold plate with some diamonds to fit in the hex heads of all the screws?

DB12Bling
You mean something like this...
Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uga
You mean something like this...
The thing I love about that pic, is they spent all the money on gold plating, diamonds, etc... but still didnt man up and buy the Ti screw set
Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

after a couple hundred runs ive finally broken a bmi, one of the l-plates has gone into two pieces (got t-boned hard), ive got replacements but...

whats your opinion on the carbon flexplates vs the fiberglass? (i run purely on carpet)
ive tried the thin fiberglass flexplates and they are in my scraps bin, the thick fiberglass ones work way better

and i have to give jason props on building a kick a$$ chassis!!!
this is the only car ive owned that has lasted over 200 runs without breaking
and on a side note when i was driving the couple min after it broke i acted like it had a bad bearing, any other car wouldnt have been driving after something like that -let alone still driving that good

Last edited by jjbkozack; 02-06-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
Hi all.... Major help needed... I have been running the DB12RR with 1C Lipo and cant make runtime??? I have geared up and down and still nothing. Does anyone know the right gearing for Mod?
My set-up is as follows:
4T Motor 0 timing , LRP SXX ESC on throttle profile 4, geared from 38.5 mm to 49 mm.

At high roll out I made about 4 minutes, and at the lower I ran about 6 minutes. Keeping in mind with the lower roll out the speed was slower. It seems as if it runs as fast as 4 cell for 1 or 2 minutes and then slows down until it is very slow???

Big National event this weekend, so any help would be great. Most people still running 4 cell here and I need to stay on par.

Thanks

im running a 1cell lipo now and have found it hits the cuttof just after 7min with a brushed 6 or 7turn motor (sucking avg. 5300mah), for now im just running brushed 10t which if i take it a lil easier i can make the 8min, hoping in a year or so that the battery capacity will be large enough to handle insane mod motors
ive found a huge difference from a 30c to the 40c with modified its the difference of the voltage falling off after a minute to lasting the whole race with good punch
Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Carbon flex plates all the way. Once you go to them all the fiberglass ones will be in your scrap bin.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjbkozack
after a couple hundred runs ive finally broken a bmi, one of the l-plates has gone into two pieces (got t-boned hard), ive got replacements but...

whats your opinion on the carbon flexplates vs the fiberglass? (i run purely on carpet)
ive tried the thin fiberglass flexplates and they are in my scraps bin, the thick fiberglass ones work way better

and i have to give jason props on building a kick a$$ chassis!!!
this is the only car ive owned that has lasted over 200 runs without breaking
and on a side note when i was driving the couple min after it broke i acted like it had a bad bearing, any other car wouldnt have been driving after something like that -let alone still driving that good
You'll want to run the thinner CF plate. Start with the stand-offs forward and NO tweak screws at all. This is what I ran at the Snowbirds. Glad to hear the car has been durable! Please post your result after you have tried the thin CF Flexplate.

Butter
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As the DB10R thread seems dead since more than a month I have to ask here.
I used the thin CK plates at my DB10R and liked them alot. How could you compare the thin with the thick CK plates? Is the long/front position at the thick plates similar to the short/rear position of the thin flexplates or is this even harder? I just got the thin ones until now.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is there a projected release date for the prototype 1/12 car?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I will have a much better idea on the release of the new 1/12th and 1/10th car in a couple weeks. I will keep all of you posted so dont worry. I am going through the costs now to make sure i can keep the price the same. So far, it is looking good. The front end is the question at this point. Once i get the pricing on that i will decide if it is going to be able to be sold with the car kit or as an option part. It is hard at this time as the market of 1/12th seems to be going towards lower quality and less expensive. I dont want to take that route. I want to keep increasing quality and try to keep the same price. The market is getting tough and it gets hard to compete against cars that do away with nice machined aluminum parts and replace them with all cheap molded parts. I want to keep the strength and accuracy of the machined aluminum parts.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default DB12RR Snowbirds Setup

Hey guys/gals,

I've received several PM's asking what the setup was on my 12th at the Birds so I figured I would post it here.. I took the Format from one of the PM's I received. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask on here or PM me and I will get to them ASAP.

Thanks,

Butter

Front:
.20 AE springs (shim kingpin for equal sag L and R....approx 0.5mm
0 toe
lilac or black if high trac.(Lilac had more steering using Sticky Fingers)
3.5mm
camber 1Deg

Rear:
3.5mm
#4 Red Shur lube in tubes
45 wt shock oil with piston holes drilled out.
gold spring
shock/antenna mount all the way back.
.5mm droop
Thin Prototype(Sorry guys!) cf flex plates w/no tweak screws.
Orange tires
battery in middle.

Body:Parma EE1
Tire Size: Front 1.63" (Sidewalls glued) Rear 1.68"
Old 02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
I will have a much better idea on the release of the new 1/12th and 1/10th car in a couple weeks. I will keep all of you posted so dont worry. I am going through the costs now to make sure i can keep the price the same. So far, it is looking good. The front end is the question at this point. Once i get the pricing on that i will decide if it is going to be able to be sold with the car kit or as an option part. It is hard at this time as the market of 1/12th seems to be going towards lower quality and less expensive. I dont want to take that route. I want to keep increasing quality and try to keep the same price. The market is getting tough and it gets hard to compete against cars that do away with nice machined aluminum parts and replace them with all cheap molded parts. I want to keep the strength and accuracy of the machined aluminum parts.
Jason I for one would rather pay extra for a top quality car like yours then pay for a cheap car and have to buy all kind of hop up parts. Can't wait for the updated car. Keep up the excellent work.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

I agree...very much looking forward to seeing what the new front end will look like.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the support guys because that is the route i want to take. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. I will post pics of the 2 color options. Gold or copper. I have samples out and should have them back this week.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Go Nuclear of Go Home!

Originally Posted by TeamButter
You'll want to run the thinner CF plate. Start with the stand-offs forward and NO tweak screws at all. This is what I ran at the Snowbirds. Glad to hear the car has been durable! Please post your result after you have tried the thin CF Flexplate.

Butter
Originally Posted by -showtime-
Carbon flex plates all the way. Once you go to them all the fiberglass ones will be in your scrap bin.
Yep, just follow these guys to the promised land! I switched to the CF flexplates as soon as they came out. Then, followed some setup advice from Showtime (which is very similar to the setup listed by Mr. Butter on this page). The car flat out rips. The local guys are like, ahh, hey man, what the H E double fiberglass hockeysticks dude, how'd your car get so fast? Just tell'em you used Butter and it's Showtime!

Thanks guys (Showtime & Butter) for helping the rest of us along!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.