Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have not even driven the car yet.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by yodace
Tweak question.

When I have the car sit on my table it does not sit completely level I have no shock or electronices. I have not dropped it or anything is this normal. How do I fix the car with out buying a new chassis.
You'll need a buddy for this. Loosen all the screws on the top deck a turn or 2. Have someone push hard on the front and rear shock towers while the car is on a perfectly level surface. Tighten all the screws on the top deck back up, and your car should be tweak free. I do this several times a night with my Barracuda to ensure it stays flat.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

REMINDER! The only screw not contersunk on your chassis is one of the 2 screws holding your servo into the car

On a flat table or glass the car will appear tweaked or not straight

FYI
Old 07-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by porter
can anyone give me a good gear ratio for a 10 turn on asphalt, that about 75'x40', fairly tight layout. I've been running about 8.1
Porter,
I have been running around a 5.4 with my Kr 10 double at fastlane. Kinda hard on the motor, but boy is it fast!!!!

You ought to come over sometime...

Posted a pic for your viewing pleasure!!!

Here is the home track!!
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-track-1.jpg  
Old 07-25-2003, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
REMINDER! The only screw not contersunk on your chassis is one of the 2 screws holding your servo into the car

On a flat table or glass the car will appear tweaked or not straight
...so the answer is to get a small file or a dremel and just take the edges off the servo screw slot, so that screw is flush.

You can then place the chassis on a flat surface and it won't be lifted by the screw - that means you can un-tweak the chassis plates.

You don't need any extra man-power to do it - just slacken the top deck (and the centre stiffener as well if you like), sit the chassis on your flat surface (I use the kitchen worktop), check it's flat (a little twisting by your own hands may sort any minor problems, but normally it will sit flat as soon as the deck is loose), then tighten the top deck in a star pattern to keep things nice and flat.

If you have a big impact in a race, and the car feels funny, you'll probably have to redo the chassis tweak, the left rear is prone to lifting out of line (something to do with the motor mount design I think). I loosen and retighten the chassis after every meeting.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default carpet performance

Well, here is my first post on this forum and I have a question that needs answering. Why do I keep hearing that the Yokomo SD SSG is a slug on the carpet? I think I heard something about the diff cases flexing and causing the drivetrain to bind. Is there any truth to this? I was disappointed to hear this because I am really itching to buy one. Now I don't know if I want to give up my TC3.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

I dont feel its a slug on carpet. IT goes as good as anyother car on carpet.

I also own and run a TC3 and found this car runs fairly similar.

As for this diff binding deal. I have yet to see it on my car. The gear case covers are held on with 2 screws and i guess some guys are torquing the hell out of them. They are simply covers to close the gear box. So they only need to be a 1/8th of turn past hand tight. This cover is different in comparison to the TC3 in that if you dont get it on tight it can come loose and effects your shock towers.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Joel.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks Joel Lagace and pro-zombies
Old 07-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

kansasracer, track looks good, I can see why your running such a tall gear, very wide open. I don't believe a gear like that would work at mikes, it would take the whole strait to spool up and still wouldn't be at top speed. My 8.1 seems to work just right just wanted to see others opinons.

I'll try and make it up at least once before summers end, I think a group of topekans are going to witchita this weekend.

Yodace bring your car into mikes saturday, I will be ther to help you out.

P.S. Joel is right about that servo screw be sure to countersink it some how. your car sould sit completly flat on a level surface.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Would be cool to have you guys come race in Wichita. That is good to hear.

I know on the track we race on that the 8.0 to 8.5 is the range that I have found to work well with most 10 turn mods. Never had a stock motor in the car and would not know where to start on one of them.

Jeff
Old 07-25-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey guys i just saw on the yok homepage the SD BLACK special

Homepage

it fades from the SD to the GT-4 rtrII

whats the differnece between the two chassis?
-R
Old 07-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

The black one is slightly stiffer then the SSG special. other than that they are exactly the same.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i personally run the black chassis version, and i feel that it is more than just slightly stiffer. it also looks a little better to me, i am not the biggest fan of the silver stuff.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. greetings from Malta.

I run my SSG with the centre brace fitted.

There's lots of talk of the black version being stiffer. But do we really need this car to be any stiffer.

The two top guys in England, Adam Rogers and Chris Grainger have both removed theirs and run without it, and masami ran without it at the Reedy race too.

Who am I to argue with them on what's good and what isn't?

Granted that they all run on asphalt. You guys could be right for Carpet in which case the ideal situation would be a black car for carpet and a silver car for asphalt.

Sounds abit expensive to me.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.