Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have always liked my car with about .5 to 1 ox in the fornt bumper, and my electronics are all the way up front near the pivot mounts....just makes it easier to drive.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Any of you guys experienced a bit of tweak coming from when the battery tray (carbon or kit) is screwed on?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Any of you guys experienced a bit of tweak coming from when the battery tray (carbon or kit) is screwed on?
Are you using all four screws on the tray? I am only using the two rear screws and have not noticed this on my car.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

im driving a jrx-s, can i post a question here?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What some make call tweak at the battery tray I find it to be the two screws right behind the tray. On my car these two screws aren't counter sunck as good as the other screws. This is also the case on a couple of other cars that I have seen. I take those two screws out when I'm trying to set the top deck on. Once that's done I return the screws to their proper place and set my tweak the regular way.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I have always liked my car with about .5 to 1 ox in the fornt bumper, and my electronics are all the way up front near the pivot mounts....just makes it easier to drive.
so your car is actually heavier in the front than the back?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

chris, with the CF tray you have to sand down the inner battery holes to the cells sit down on the tray. Rocketron did a really great job on his and with any luck he will post pics 4 every1.

The kit tray should not be an issue. If your car is tweaked then loosen the upper deck, put the stock tray in ask someone to apply pressure to the upper deck and then bolt down, make sure car is on a flat surface. That should solve any tweak issues you have with the chassis
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
so your car is actually heavier in the front than the back?
I would assume so, i never weighed it front to back.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Lord

RBLove, I tried your setup last night. I think maybe I just don't have what it takes to drive a car with magentas all the way around. It was very odd. It barely had any steering at speed requiring a lot more input, and then in the turns when I was off or neutral throttle, it turned so hard I'd miss the turn half the time. This is similar to what I experienced using magentas before.

I did try it with cyans on the front, though, and it was much better than what I had been using before, and way more drivable. I still need it to rotate a lot more, but it's an improvement. I can tell it's scrubbing speed on sweeping turns. Now that we're spraying the track to simulate traction at big races, I'm having all kinds of hell getting the car to rotate or turn enough. It's pretty humbling, now I can't keep up with the guys used to so much traction. :-)

I ended up having to use Pro 53's all the way around. You suggested using regular Jaco 28's, but I didn't have any to try. I'll grab some regular Jaco's and give it another shot with dblpink all the way around. Also, I removed the front sway bar when I went to cyans, and moved the rear to 25lbs.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I wouldnt suggest 25lb springs in the rear for carpet foam. 20lbs or 17.5s are what you probably want. Try some indigos, they should give you more steering than the cyans but make it smoother than the magentas. I think I decided this weekend that I dont want to run the 4 magentas on the car anymore and am going to switch to Indigos. I don't know your setup but usually with more bite comes more steering, at big races I run less Dual Rate than at club races 100 percent of the time.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
RBLove, I tried your setup last night. I think maybe I just don't have what it takes to drive a car with magentas all the way around. It was very odd. It barely had any steering at speed requiring a lot more input, and then in the turns when I was off or neutral throttle, it turned so hard I'd miss the turn half the time. This is similar to what I experienced using magentas before.

I did try it with cyans on the front, though, and it was much better than what I had been using before, and way more drivable. I still need it to rotate a lot more, but it's an improvement. I can tell it's scrubbing speed on sweeping turns. Now that we're spraying the track to simulate traction at big races, I'm having all kinds of hell getting the car to rotate or turn enough. It's pretty humbling, now I can't keep up with the guys used to so much traction. :-)

I ended up having to use Pro 53's all the way around. You suggested using regular Jaco 28's, but I didn't have any to try. I'll grab some regular Jaco's and give it another shot with dblpink all the way around. Also, I removed the front sway bar when I went to cyans, and moved the rear to 25lbs.
25lbs on the rear? Interesting. Different tracks require different set ups. I am always all over the place with my setup, but I end right back where I started and seem to always go faster. I have been running rubber tires lately so I do not have another good foam set up to try right now. Shoot me a pm with the exact set up you ended up with and what you want the car to do and I will try to help you out.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try going softer in the rear, and try indigos up front.

Larry, I saw you mention once that magentas all the way around felt "weird," and that's about the only way I can describe it. Clearly guys can be fast with it, but maybe it's just not for everybody. I seem to do better with a smooth car than a twitchy one.

When I read Martin Crisp's book, it seems to suggest that going to a harder spring takes traction away from that end. That was my reason for going harder in the rear (the setup called for 20's). I needed more steering, and figured taking it away from the rear would give me more up front. But, I'm beginning to think maybe I misunderstood the book, because it seems like you guys are going softer in the rear to get more steering.

RBLove, PM coming your way with specifics.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Send me your setup. I think I should be able to help. Something must be off to make it not turn at all on power.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Syndrome....I PM'd you a setup to try. WORKS AWESOME ON RUG!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dash yonkuro
im driving a jrx-s, can i post a question here?
Try here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...page=437&pp=30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.