Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Hey thanks for your help everyone.
On the hunt for a rubber on carpet setup, any ideas?
Any good asphalt setup for rubber will work with rubber on carpet. Just instead of running a spool you may want to run a one way instead.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Any pics on how to set up the car with out the JR links? What are the parts needed to do it? Also, throw me a link w/ good asphalt rubber tire set up...thx
here it is! what happended to the MI3??
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-type-r-setup-2.jpg  
Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
here it is! what happended to the MI3??
Thanks Marcos...the question is what will happen to your 2 Type R's once you have the Mi3 in a few days?

I sold a Type R to make room for the Mi3. But i'll be getting another Type R...I just really liked the car and wanted to test it more to see how far it can go...it'll be a test car- if I like the Type R more than the Mi3, then i'll keep it and sell the Mi3...
Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Marcos...the question is what will happen to your 2 Type R's once you have the Mi3 in a few days?

I sold a Type R to make room for the Mi3. But i'll be getting another Type R...I just really liked the car and wanted to test it more to see how far it can go...it'll be a test car- if I like the Type R more than the Mi3, then i'll keep it and sell the Mi3...
MI3??mi3 is going to sit on the shelf ill build it much later!!! not anytime soon,im sticking with the Type R for a while
Old 05-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

MI3??mi3 is going to sit on the shelf ill build it much later!!! not anytime soon,im sticking with the Type R for a while
Not to mention he was looking for a third Type R, which he did not get, thankfully!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

I cant believe what you've just said! It seems you really like the type R...its that good, huh? Did you run it at the FSEARA race a few weeks ago in Orlando(...I think)?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I cant believe what you've just said! It seems you really like the type R...its that good, huh?
It's that good! ..............
Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Not to mention he was looking for a third Type R, which he did not get, thankfully!
I reall ylike the Type R, although the weak arms pblms some of my buddies that had one was a concern. Also, the servo horn stripping so easily and the steering rack getting loose. Other than that, the car seems really fun to drive and very easy to work on...I just would really give it another shot and get a good feel for what it can do with a decent set-up.

Marcos, you wouldn't be selling one your Type R's would you?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

I cant believe what you've just said! It seems you really like the type R...its that good, huh? Did you run it at the FSEARA race a few weeks ago in Orlando(...I think)?
i ran qual with the rdx but im going to go this weekend with my Type R's and yes "IF" i get the MI3 it will go in the shelf for a while
Old 05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Marcos, you wouldn't be selling one your Type R's would you?
only if they come out with a Type RR
Old 05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
An INCH of thread? That's one helluva ball link.
Yeah my bad, still thinking in MM, not inches.. what haynes said..
Old 05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've had a little trouble with my steering rack coming loose, too, even with thread lock. I also learned the hard way that gripping the steering posts, even gently with a pair of pliers will end in tears. :-)

The arm thing sounds like it's on its way to be solved, and the other things are minor quirks. The car continues to impress. I'm still surprised when I pick it up, and it feels so perfectly balanced.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I've had a little trouble with my steering rack coming loose, too, even with thread lock. I also learned the hard way that gripping the steering posts, even gently with a pair of pliers will end in tears. :-)

The arm thing sounds like it's on its way to be solved, and the other things are minor quirks. The car continues to impress. I'm still surprised when I pick it up, and it feels so perfectly balanced.
same here i love the car!!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

Seems the best way to tighten them is to use a small screw and thread it into the top, put lock tight on the proper screw on the bottom and tighten them against each other....after the thread lock dries then the top screw may be taken out....and the bottom should remain tight.

I made my rack very very tight with no lock tite, and it has never come loose, but my buddies car needed the lock tite...maybe because i slightly crushed my posts the first time around...haha
Old 05-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Default set-ups

Here is a setup for medium grip ashfelt loads of corner speed and all ive done to run it on carpet is the go from 6 degree casters to 4 degree, and lowered the car to 4mm on the front and 4.5mm at the rear an absolute bundle of on power steering, if you come of the power to much to turn in the car will push so be brave and keep the power on and the car will go round the corner
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JRX-S Type R Eastbourne.pdf (206.2 KB, 339 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.