Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a TC5 a couple days ago and I was wondering what motor I should start off with.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shirk
I just got a TC5 a couple days ago and I was wondering what motor I should start off with.
What class do you want o run? If new to racing I'd say go with stock 27T brushed or 17.5 brushless.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I've had the car for a year and have never broken a rear hub. How much more durable do they need to be? C-Hubs break when you crash into the wall with your wheel turned. The aluminums will break too with a hard enough hit.

I look at it this way. AE wants the best touring car on the market. If they thought the aluminum stuff made a big difference towards that then they would include them. Just my .02.
I am not saying that you do need aluminium parts on your car, (Because I think you don't) but have a look at Keven Heberts car from the IIC. He is quite clearly running aluminium C Hubs and I believe he was also running Aluminium rear hubs. You just can't see them in this photo.
Now if Associateds top Foam driver is running them there must be something in it.

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=53&pos=286
Old 09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

He was running the Integy Aluminum Steering Knuckles and the Integy Aluminum Rear Hubs. He was running the stock Castor Blocks, i couldnt tell if they were the hard versions or not. Im sure he will shed some light on this topic.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

The main reason why I ran an aluminum rear hub is to get a thick smaller rear camber link since the one I had could achieve it. tamale made them. As far as the steering block, it is something I was testing to see how much difference it could make on high bite and to be honest, there is not much advantage running them !

Hope this help
Keven
Old 09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
The main reason why I ran an aluminum rear hub is to get a thick smaller rear camber link since the one I had could achieve it. tamale made them. As far as the steering block, it is something I was testing to see how much difference it could make on high bite and to be honest, there is not much advantage running them !

Hope this help
Keven

Kevin-

Your car looked so good in Vegas. I was really impressed. I was gonna come over and bug you, but you looked pretty busy.

I run the aluminum for the increased durability...and it seems to work great on all of my other cars. I have found through my own durability testing that rear hubs don't break but in a crash the screw likes to rip out the threads, and then you have to replace it. I think Aluminum rear hubs are a must for me.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Kevin-

I have found through my own durability testing that rear hubs don't break but in a crash the screw likes to rip out the threads, and then you have to replace it. I think Aluminum rear hubs are a must for me.
How much or how long is the threaded part of the ballstud? The more thread you can put in there the better off you are. Especially when you are running spacers to raise the outer end.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Keven, nice job at IIC. You are proving to many people that you don't need a $450+ car to compete at the top level. Keep it up!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Keven and Josh - could you both please post your foam 13.5 and 10.5 setups from IIC. After seeing foam touring run at IIC I'm thinking about getting a car and right now the TC5F is #1 on my list.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H

Hope this help
Keven
Hi Keven,
Sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean by thick smaller rear camber link. Could you try and explain it again. Also, what were you trying to achieve?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Josh H is it possible for you to post your a main rubber tire setup please
Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Tc5 slipper sppol vs spool

What is better and will hold up longer? One of my racing buddies tried the slipper spool and it would loosen up in the turns on each race. I know the regular spool has no give. So it would be easier to tear the front up when you hit things. Which is better?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Josh H is it possible for you to post your a main rubber tire setup please
I asked Josh before we left Vegas and he said that it might be a few days before he could get the setup posted. Should be coming pretty soon.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

I was trying to get a smaller upper camber link and by using that rear hub I could get a hole further inside. I did it so it free up the car mid corner as the rear end doesnt roll as much.

I will post my setup in the next few days.

Keven
Old 09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Keven...Excellent job at the IIC! I was wondering if you were running the Reedy LiPo in mod and if you used the PPD lower base plate with it? Hope that is working for you. Mike Blackstock and Juho both have them also but I haven't gotten feedback from them.

I also have a new TC5 setup / tweak plate coming out this week similar to this for Mi3 http://www.ppdbillet.com/schumacher_mi3.html.

Let me know if your interested and I'll give you a killer deal....PM me if interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.