Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_Money
just ordered a tc5, spring set and a one way, should be here next week. i was wondering if someone would be kind enought to shoot me a pm and explain to me how to change toe, droop and well everything else this car has to be tuned jsut so I know. Thanks a lot
in the back of the manual is a description of each change and handling effects on the car.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
I can see how the combination of the very large diff pullies, together with a belt material that is less "soft" than most TCs could fool some into thinking the belts are too tight...if AE is truly changing the belts, we dont really know why....I think the belts feel fine...just my opinion....

as for stock....the car did win a ROAR stock national already...
But all of us can't drive like Sean Tight or not........the belts show no signs of wear though. Perfect material belt wise but I'm just wondering if they could use a couple of extra teeth to make it a hair longer to somewhat make it freer (is that a word)
Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The TC5 also won the Queensland State Titles in Stock
It finished 2nd in 19T class at the Gold Coast Cup and was won of the fastest cars in (540) complete beginners class using the Johnson 540 motors.

I've been running the car in Modified, but am making the shift backwards to stock for cash reasons and I don't see any need to change the belts, I think they are just fine

Cheers
Aaron
Old 01-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

I think a 56 (red) would be like a 2 and a 57 (black) like a #3.
Brandon,
I have seen these pistons discussed before. Do you have a part #.
I have heard these are off road pistons or can I get them by color?
I will probably have to mail order them so it would be great to know.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

On the belt deal, mine has enough adjustment to make them too loose and too tight if I go all the way one way or the other. I run them kinda loose I feel, and the car spins really freely, as good as my shaft drive car did.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Brandon,
Thanks and God Bless
losa5047 Orange #55
losa5046 Red #56
losa5045 Black #57
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Brandon,
Thanks and God Bless
Losi 56 piston HOLE SIZE is close to AE#3. Losi 55 is close to AE#2. Losi 54 is close to AE#1. AE pistons have two holes and Losi pistons have of course three holes. A three hole piston allows for less pack, assuming the piston surface/piston to shock body wall clearance is the same by comparison. This is one of the reasons Losi suspensions have always statically felt so plush, and work so well "in the rough stuff". There is also a difference between a size 56 "drilled" and "molded" piston hole... the molded hole being a bit larger than a numerically drilled hole of the same size. A three hole piston will allow for greater adjustment in roll control (weight transfer) in a TC... allowing the use of thicker shock oils, with minimal loss of overall traction. Over the years i have used two hole for low bite and three hole for high bite (like Snowbirds high bite)... which sounds backwards considering my previous statement... but IMO the three hole pistons cope with insane amounts of grip better than two hole pistons. This can also depend on which class you run... modified transfers weight in a TC alot faster than stock does. Rubber tire/carpet and other "low grip" surfaces i use two hole AE#1 pistons front and rear with thicker oils (40-70wt mixing oils for half weights). How this transfers to the new Tc5 pistons i dont know as of yet, but this can be a general guide to help you find what works for you.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
in the back of the manual is a description of each change and handling effects on the car.
Brandon... congrats... i didnt know you went back to AE! Have ya talked to KT lately?? Boys runnin quads now!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Brandon... congrats... i didnt know you went back to AE! Have ya talked to KT lately?? Boys runnin quads now!!!
Well, if getting shot at as a Navy Seal didn't kill him, maybe that quad will finish him off, LOL! He IM'ed me the other day and the laptop battery died, if you see him tell him I said happy new year. Good luck racing.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default NEW Aluminum TC5 6 degree Caster Block Set

Team Diggity Designs will have aluminum Associated TC5 6 degree caster block sets in stock around the end of Jan middle of Feb. The prices are posted on the website. They will be anodized blue and labeled L6 and R6 and will include delrin pivot bushings. Here are some pictures of the prototypes. Mike Stewart and Rob King are using them at the Novak race this weekend. Good luck to them!!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

Thank you Maybell for the part #s. That was a big help in getting my car ready for its maiden race.
Dave W. thanks a bunch for the great info. I will copy and paste that into my ever growing file of set up tips and info. I believe you are the one who helped me out with getting my TC4 running well a couple of years ago.
Thanks Guys
God Bless
Old 01-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Diggity
They look good! Are there plans to offer all caster angles?

JSaves: I remember spending some time in PM's with you awhile back. The Tc4 was a pain to hook up for sure. Hows the Tc5 feel to you in comparison? Im just looking for justification of the cash it will take to get one. Ill probably be running just locally, so i dont know if i will need it to be competitive. Im not looking to be dominant with R/C anymore... just to have some fun.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
They look good! Are there plans to offer all caster angles?
Yes; we are starting out with the 6 degree blocks. We will offer 4 degree blocks as well as 1 degree rear hub carriers shortly.

Damon
Old 01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, what is the minimum weight limit for stock AND, which scales are decent?
Old 01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
Been using my TC5 for a while now and found that I'm going threw gears in my servo like nobodies business. Gone through 3 sets now since the indoor season started! I'm not hitting things hard; it's just when you take a corner ever to tight and clip the hose it just kills the servo. My servo is nothing special but my TC3 never broke a servo and had many bad smashes over the 4 years I’ve used it.

After investigating I can't actually get the servo saver to kick in so I'm wandering how I slacken it off. Do you just slacken it off from the servo saver knuckle?

Cheers
Keiran

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.