Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Do they make a solid weight for LiPo on the TC5? I can't remember where I seen them! Anyone running one?
Nevermind found the link--http://www.ppdbillet.com/

Anyone deal with these.....looks alot easier than piling lead weights on the chasis!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Nevermind found the link--http://www.ppdbillet.com/

Anyone deal with these.....looks alot easier than piling lead weights on the chasis!!!
I use the base weight plus other weights. For me, using the side plate made the car overweight in total and moved the weight too far to the battery side.

I use a Trakpower 4900. With a lighter battery its probably fine.

Last edited by or8ital; 06-26-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
The majority of the time we run Blue front and Silver rear for rubber tire.
blue front green rear
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I use the base weight plus other weights. For me, using the side plate made the car overweight in total and moved the weight too far to the battery side.

I use a Trakpower 4900. With a lighter battery its probably fine.
The actual balance will depend on the running gear, and the battery placement. The 2.5 oz side weight will balance very close with a 9.5oz Trackpower 3.0 oz base plate, 13.5 and light heat sink, LRP Sphere, Futaba 9550, Mazda6 and the car will be just over legal limit @1534 . (fairly heavy battery @ 9.5 oz.) And keep in mind that combination is just under what a 4200 NiMh would weigh.

or8ital if your off balance with a trackpower, then where is total weight at?
IF your unhappy with the side weight contact me for refund @ [email protected]. I've shipped over 400 total units with zero returns but there is a first for everything.

Last edited by Verndog; 06-26-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
what springs are most common in rubber tire racing, on a medium bite and fast track?

Most of the time i'm driving 30WT oil in the shocks with piston #3.
And the spring are around 17 LBS out front, 15 LBS at the rear.

Greetings

Robert Krens
Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Verndog
The actual balance will depend on the running gear, and the battery placement. The 2.5 oz side weight will balance very close with a 9.5oz Trackpower 3.0 oz base plate, 13.5 and light heat sink, LRP Sphere, Futaba 9550, Mazda6 and the car will be just over legal limit @1534 . (fairly heavy battery @ 9.5 oz.) And keep in mind that combination is just under what a 4200 NiMh would weigh.

or8ital if your off balance with a trackpower, then where is total weight at?
IF your unhappy with the side weight contact me for refund @ [email protected]. I've shipped over 400 total units with zero returns but there is a first for everything.
Hey Verndog. Im not unhappy with it at all it just doesnt work for my car. My setup is as follows:
- Futaba s9550, MRT PTx transponder, Tekin RS (non-pro), Brushless motor of the month, Spektrum Micro RX. My motor is turned so the motor wires are pretty short. In summary very light on the electronics side
- Diggity Designs holder and Trakpower 4900 on the battery side. So perhaps with the diggity holder I go over the edge. Though the holder is relatively light. Esp after all the dremelling I did to get the Trakpower to fit.
- Mazda 6 body
- Total weight 1550g!

Im sure I will find a use for it someday so Im holding on to it . If I had a lighter battery pack then I might be good.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer x 1
hey new TC5 owner here and i had a Q about shock length... how long would you guys say it should be if im running on smooth asphalt, few bumps? also has anyone heard about speedtech running race in the backparking lot? thats where i plan on racing at the moment so set-up tips are welcome.

Hey Matt, guys usually run 16-17 lb springs for the front and 12-15 lb springs for the rear....

I'll see you at speedtech, but you might want to check out the racing at La Mirada and Bending corners in Orange... Oh and say hi to your dad for me..
Old 06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by or8ital
Hey Verndog. Im not unhappy with it at all it just doesnt work for my car. My setup is as follows:
- Futaba s9550, MRT PTx transponder, Tekin RS (non-pro), Brushless motor of the month, Spektrum Micro RX. My motor is turned so the motor wires are pretty short. In summary very light on the electronics side
- Diggity Designs holder and Trakpower 4900 on the battery side. So perhaps with the diggity holder I go over the edge. Though the holder is relatively light. Esp after all the dremelling I did to get the Trakpower to fit.
- Mazda 6 body
- Total weight 1550g!
Looks not far off of my TC5 today, except the total weight and placement, and I have a 3.0oz side weight now, not 2.5. If we step back to NiMh setup I have an example of why your case is interesting to me. Here is Team driver Brandon Meltons 13.5 setup sheet using NiMh. Most 4200's come in around 15.5oz.+ wired, and the trackpower (9.5oz) with 3.0 oz base, and 2.5 oz side = 15.0 oz. Now notice with NiHm he added in notes at bottom he had to add an additional 1.5oz on left side to balance. This is right on par with my tests, so I'm trying to understand why your heavy. The Diggity brace is about .2oz so that wont do it, possibly you have some additional hardware holding battery, or you somehow got your pack to overhang the chassis edge(less weight to balance)??

Here is a link to the setup sheet.

Brandon Melton 13.5 Rubber

BTW that is a pretty good base setup for Rubber / Carpet IMO.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey francis!

soo the blue springs front and silver springs for the rear should work out pretty well than...ohkay ill try to but im not sure if ill be able to get over to la mirada.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Verndog
Looks not far off of my TC5 today, except the total weight and placement, and I have a 3.0oz side weight now, not 2.5. If we step back to NiMh setup I have an example of why your case is interesting to me. Here is Team driver Brandon Meltons 13.5 setup sheet using NiMh. Most 4200's come in around 15.5oz.+ wired, and the trackpower (9.5oz) with 3.0 oz base, and 2.5 oz side = 15.0 oz. Now notice with NiHm he added in notes at bottom he had to add an additional 1.5oz on left side to balance. This is right on par with my tests, so I'm trying to understand why your heavy. The Diggity brace is about .2oz so that wont do it, possibly you have some additional hardware holding battery, or you somehow got your pack to overhang the chassis edge(less weight to balance)??

Here is a link to the setup sheet.

Brandon Melton 13.5 Rubber

BTW that is a pretty good base setup for Rubber / Carpet IMO.
Well it really depends where you place the electronics. Mine are moved very far in. Its amazing how little things such as the length and guage of wires can offset the balance. I have my battery moved as far inward as possible as well. I only dremeled on the inside edge and you really gotta move the trakpower over to clear the inside of the top deck. It was less the balance and more the total weight that i was concered with.

Differences on my car from the one above:
- Im only using the ITF top deck and standard bottom deck
- I have a chassis protector on my car that adds a little weight
- Cant tell if he is running any sway bars. I have a front sway bar
- Im running the p-dub bumper which I think is heavier then the stock

Wheels make a difference. I recently switched to the new Jacos so I might have to add additional weight. Even stickers on the body can make a big difference. Oh and the only thing I added to the diggity was 1mm aluminum shims on each side which also resulted in slightly longer screws. Im also running slightly longer screws from the stock screws in my roll center pieces. It all adds up.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

or8ital,
I was looking at the Trackpower 4900's and thought that they looked like something to try out. But you say you had to dremel just to get it to fit or was is to get it closer to center?
Thanks and God Bless
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

How much did you have to add to the car to make the 1525 weight? I had a cyclone before and needed 300 grams of lead to make weight.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jsaves
or8ital,
I was looking at the Trackpower 4900's and thought that they looked like something to try out. But you say you had to dremel just to get it to fit or was is to get it closer to center?
Thanks and God Bless
I didnt have to dremel any of the actual TC5. I bought a hop-up from Diggity Designs for holding lipo batteries that I had to dremel. I think they have since come out with a holder specifically for the Trakpower batteries. Its all good and a great lipo pack.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

I am so stoked about my car tonight!

I found a setup that is a 6 tenths faster at our Northwest asphalt tracks than I have been the last 6 months!

I will post the setup on this thread ASAP!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maybell
I am so stoked about my car tonight!

I found a setup that is a 6 tenths faster at our Northwest asphalt tracks than I have been the last 6 months!

I will post the setup on this thread ASAP!
No doubt Sean had everyones attention tonight.

He was hitting track layout mod record pace with his 10.5. I'll be making some changes come Sunday racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.