Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cosmicpilot
Wonder why they didn't put out a new b44.4 first.
I sent team associated a message on facebook about a new 4wd and they said yes and I asked if it was going to be this year and they said yes!
Old 05-05-2016, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cridd
Ford, Chevy and car manufactures come out with cars every year with tons of options, smaller RC cars should be faster. RC cars are like shoes, wear them out, race the crap out of them and get a new one. I wish I saw upgrades like this every 6 months. Who wants to race the same car every week with same stuff. Why sit back and not make changes when you know you can make some bad ass changes and have a better car. I love new sh*{^|. 300 bucks for a new platform....seventh heaven. Gives us something new to retweak and dig into.

Check out Instagram, Facebook B6d with laydown at OCRC! Start the new setups!!
Yeah I agree 300 is nothing but I'm not a fan of constantly building these things. And it's 600+ for all these new 8th scales so the money and upgrades add up quickly as well
Old 05-05-2016, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer210
Did anyone see the video Spencer posted on FB a couple days ago about him getting his B6 ready for the JConcepts Spring Indoor National (a clay track) and he said something about a Shorty Reedy Servo, anyone catch that? Any news on that?

Mxer210,
I didn't get to see the vid.
But just from your post a bout Shorty Reedy Servo, I wont to say it is exciting times. I am building a AJ Laser 73" brushless, and ordered MKS Shorty Servos for the ailerons. 233 oz-in from a low profile servo that is awesome.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamrich
I'm holding out until a Factory Team version is released.
Your going to be holding out a long time, the B5 series never had one.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Will the mip pucks and outdrives move over to B6's?
probably since the b5 diff fits with shimming
Old 05-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

When the B5 series came out everyone was stuck between a rear motor and a mid motor. The general thought from everyone was mid motor for carpet and high traction and rear for most all dirt tracks. Then it became Mid will work on most tracks better just a bit more tuning. Now its like deju vu with B6D and B6. Will history repeat itself and the laydown transmission go from specific track type to the norm. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
When the B5 series came out everyone was stuck between a rear motor and a mid motor. The general thought from everyone was mid motor for carpet and high traction and rear for most all dirt tracks. Then it became Mid will work on most tracks better just a bit more tuning. Now its like deju vu with B6D and B6. Will history repeat itself and the laydown transmission go from specific track type to the norm. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
It will, once more and more tracks in the US start running astro/carpet

Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ANDRXW
Well that confirms which version I'll be buying for down here in SoCal.
It may work well with a 17.5, if that is what you run, but I am curious how it would work with a modified motor.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Mxer210;14518975]Did anyone see the video Spencer posted on FB a couple days ago about him getting his B6 ready for the JConcepts Spring Indoor National (a clay track) and he said something about a Shorty Reedy Servo, anyone catch that? Any news on

Will be announced next week. Howart has had one for a while in his TC.... I have been all over it for my TC7... 100% Reedy power.

Maybe I'll win Spencer's heart over next week in Tacoma for the B6 dirt DEBUT and he will give me his...
Old 05-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Why does everybody think the Slow-komo is so great? Although I admit it depends on who's driving the car, there are no competitive guys with one around here....although the same can be said of XRay. I have an XB4 and XB2 and I like them. In fact, I'm excited about the B6 because it does indeed look similar to an XB2.
Because out of the box it's untouchable on high grip. It's under weight and it comes with all aluminum hangers and lots of stuff you had to buy as upgrades for other cars. The Achilles of the original version is the lay down trans in low to medium grip. Didn't generate enough grip without substantial brass added. That's when it would get stomped by cars with better rear grip like the b5m.
I've had both and I couldn't ever get the b5m to turn like a Yok and still generate enough rear grip.

Which is my point. If the B6 can turn and generate grip it'll dominate for the price point.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Tech Initiate

How does the rear axle height affect to the car?. What is better for what in terms of handling?
Old 05-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raulote
How does the rear axle height affect to the car?. What is better for what in terms of handling?
More for the B6. I believe the diff is higher in the B6 compared to the B6D.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
The factory lite was a version of the B5/B5M. The B5 was initially released in 2013.

A little short compared to the successful run if the B4 series, which was around for almost 10 years in different forms, but the B5 series was around longer than the B2 series was around.
Ahh, I think I understand. People were expecting a new iteration of the B5 platform, not a new platform entirely. And given AE's history, it's hard to predict when a new platform will appear.

thanks
Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My hope by buying this kit is to just run it with a 6.5 and be competitive without having to upgrade anything.

My b5m set up for stock racing has cost too much money to set up right and I think a yz2 would have been better initially.

The b6 on the other hand looks promising.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raulote
I would imagine roll center and dog bone plunge.

Raise or lower roll centers to adjust grip (and roll), not real sure if the adjustment will effect bone plunge though- just guessing there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.