Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am thinking maybe this can be fixed thru the hotwire settings but I could use a little help. I just finished my new EB48.3 last night. I took my RX8 Gen 2 and motor out of my ET48 and swapped the whole thing right over and bolted it into the EB. When I turned it on the car drives forward when I hit reverse on the controller and it brakes when I pull the trigger. Then it will reverse when I pull the trigger. I tried reversing the throttle in the radio but that didn't work. It was working fine in the ET48 and I didn't disconnect anything. I used the same receiver and everything just swapped it all over to the buggy. Is there a setting in the hotwire that can change this? Do I have to reverse the direction of the motor or something?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I am thinking maybe this can be fixed thru the hotwire settings but I could use a little help. I just finished my new EB48.3 last night. I took my RX8 Gen 2 and motor out of my ET48 and swapped the whole thing right over and bolted it into the EB. When I turned it on the car drives forward when I hit reverse on the controller and it brakes when I pull the trigger. Then it will reverse when I pull the trigger. I tried reversing the throttle in the radio but that didn't work. It was working fine in the ET48 and I didn't disconnect anything. I used the same receiver and everything just swapped it all over to the buggy. Is there a setting in the hotwire that can change this? Do I have to reverse the direction of the motor or something?
It's been a while since I built mine but is it possible you have the front and rear diffs in backwards?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the best overall diff oil set up to run. Outdoor medium traction dusty dirt
Old 04-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
It's been a while since I built mine but is it possible you have the front and rear diffs in backwards?
+1
Originally Posted by Rc4life1978
What's the best overall diff oil set up to run. Outdoor medium traction dusty dirt
7-7-5 is pretty common, I've been liking 7-5-5 on a low bite track
Old 04-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
You can reverse the motor rotation in the Hotwire settings but my guess is that you have the diffs in backward in either the buggy or the truggy. Both require the same motor rotation so you should not have to reverse it for one or the other.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Also, did you calibrate the ESC?
Old 04-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, can anyone help with the stock shock and diffs oils that come with the kit, how do I compare their weight to Associated or Losi oils?
Found a conversion chart but don't know where I am with the stock oils.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stanson
Hi guys, can anyone help with the stock shock and diffs oils that come with the kit, how do I compare their weight to Associated or Losi oils?
Found a conversion chart but don't know where I am with the stock oils.

From my understanding, the oil in the kits are pretty close to ptrc oil. From what I understand, in the diffs, kit/ptrc feels like 2k less than assoc/losi. Kit 5K feels like assoc 3K.

I haven't heard how the shock oils compare. I would go to ptrcracing.com and look at their conversion chart under the technical data tab.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Need a little advice from the Tekno crowd. I've been running Tekin RX8 / 1900KV in my various buggies for quite some time, but decided to give the Orion R8.1 Pro a shot to see if it's more durable than the Tekin.

Does anyone on this thread have one mounted in an EB48.3 / ET48.3? The separate capacitor bank, and the rather large switch is a real bugger to mount. I found some pictures online of someone who had one mounted in an SCT410, but the 1/8th motor is too long to mount it that way.

Any pictures y'all have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
Old 04-28-2016, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Any idea why one of my front camber links would have to be shorter then the other side to get the same camber. I've checked everything I can think of but the right side has to be about 2-3 mm shorter. If I run a full short link it bottoms out in the link ends at 0 degrees while the other side I can run to -3. Going nuts lol
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
Any idea why one of my front camber links would have to be shorter then the other side to get the same camber. I've checked everything I can think of but the right side has to be about 2-3 mm shorter. If I run a full short link it bottoms out in the link ends at 0 degrees while the other side I can run to -3. Going nuts lol
did you mix up a camber link and a steering link when building?
Old 04-28-2016, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Also check to make sure that both rod ends on the link are threaded on evenly. If one is a couple turns out from the other you might not be able to make it as short as you need.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
Also check to make sure that both rod ends on the link are threaded on evenly. If one is a couple turns out from the other you might not be able to make it as short as you need.
Nah this is a well used buggy that just had this issue pop up . Threads are equal, and they are both actual camber links not toe links I removed the ends and checked.
The actual gap is smaller on one side and still doesn't have enough negative camber. In other words I have more negative camber on one side even though the gap is bigger between the links. Weird
Old 04-28-2016, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfueled
Nah this is a well used buggy that just had this issue pop up . Threads are equal, and they are both actual camber links not toe links I removed the ends and checked.
The actual gap is smaller on one side and still doesn't have enough negative camber. In other words I have more negative camber on one side even though the gap is bigger between the links. Weird
Only thing I can think of to check is to make sure the arms are still straight. I used to get some weirdness like that on the old buggy after a while when the arms would develop a bow to them after a year and a half of heavy racing. I've not seen that with the newer ones though.

A silly thing to check, make sure the hinge pin inserts are the same side to side and one didn't end up rotated while you were doing some other maintenance.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.