Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

lol well, worse case it will be spare parts lol.

The youngest though seems to be quite interested and we finally will have a local track for the summer so that can help a lot
Old 12-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shocks binding

While changing shock oil recently, I noticed that on 2 of my shocks if I twist the shaft 1/4 turn it won't move in and out freely and seems to bind. If I rotate the shaft back about 1/4 turn, the shaft/piston moves in and out like it should. It feels like the piston is rubbing on the inner shock body. The other 2 are fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what was the cause and fix? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:02 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Bent shock shaft. Replace them and you should be fine. What caused it? Most likely an epic crash that made the crowd go "Ohhhh!!!!"
Old 12-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Legend

hmm, as you are seeing the issue as you turn the shaft it almost seems like a bent shock shaft, but I would think regardless of how you turn it it should be consistent on how its binding. The other thing that may be tied to that as well is could you have both a slightly dented shock body and bend shock shaft? It may be just slight enough that went you turn the shaft a certain way that has this slight bend, it then in turn contacts the slightly dented shock body enough to see the binding. Could also be one of of the shaft guides is off.

I probably woudl try a known good working shock shaft and piston combo first on that shock body with the issue. Confirm you still see it. You could also try the shock shaft guide as well from the good shock body into the questionable one, and see how it goes.

Probably need to isolate the problem that way.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bds81175
Bent shock shaft. Replace them and you should be fine. What caused it? Most likely an epic crash that made the crowd go "Ohhhh!!!!"
I'll check for a bent shaft but didn't have any epic, crowd "Ohhhh!!!"ing crashes. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bds81175
Originally Posted by RookieRacer00
I'll check for a bent shaft but didn't have any epic, crowd "Ohhhh!!!"ing crashes. Thanks for the help!
Yup. I've actually made it through a race weekend with that exact symptom. I just managed to rebuild the shock orientated right so that it would work as it should. It worked.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Tech Legend

one funny thing I noticed on my rebuild was that the previous owner must have been king of bent hingepins as I saw a whole bunch of them in the spares box. Me being me I just chucked all of those, still a good amount of good ones included but all I could think is man that much be one tough track he races on lol.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ezlight
Yup. I've actually made it through a race weekend with that exact symptom. I just managed to rebuild the shock orientated right so that it would work as it should. It worked.
Were you able to figure out what the cause was? Was it a bent shaft?
Old 12-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not a newb to RC racing but I have a newb question. Why is it that setup sheets for the SCT show the heavier weight shock oil in the front (lighter rear) but the 1/8 scale buggy has heavier rear shock oil but lighter front oil?

Is it because of the weight of the SCT over the buggy?
Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jason07
I'm not a newb to RC racing but I have a newb question. Why is it that setup sheets for the SCT show the heavier weight shock oil in the front (lighter rear) but the 1/8 scale buggy has heavier rear shock oil but lighter front oil?

got a link to a setup in question?

I remember back in the day with at least the nitro buggies around here some common setups when they ran the same pistons front and rear they had heavier rear oil. Maybe something to do with the weight in the back versus front at the time.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RookieRacer00
Were you able to figure out what the cause was? Was it a bent shaft?
It sure was
Old 12-20-2016, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jason07

It's actually due to the abnormal shock package on the .3 (And the new .4) buggies. Our buggies run the same shock package that our truggies do.

If you looked back at the legacy .2 buggies, which shared the shock package with the SCT, you would see the shock weight match to heavier front with lighter rear.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ezlight
It's actually due to the abnormal shock package on the .3 (And the new .4) buggies. Our buggies run the same shock package that our truggies do.

If you looked back at the legacy .2 buggies, which shared the shock package with the SCT, you would see the shock weight match to heavier front with lighter rear.

Oh yes, that makes sense. I didn't think about that. I haven't messed with any of the .2 stuff, its all been the .3 vehicles.

Thank you
Old 12-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
got a link to a setup in question?

I remember back in the day with at least the nitro buggies around here some common setups when they ran the same pistons front and rear they had heavier rear oil. Maybe something to do with the weight in the back versus front at the time.
Here are 2 but all of them seem to be this way.

Old 12-21-2016, 03:35 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying a SCT410 and I was wondering if my Tenshock 3500kv would work in it ? (running 3S lipos)
I'm worried it might be too many kv and cause overheating, what do you think?

thanks for your help !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.