Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone tried to fit EB/NB48 2.0 steering bellcranks into the sct?
Old 10-23-2020, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by lexusbest
Anyone tried to fit EB/NB48 2.0 steering bellcranks into the sct?
I'm running the .4 bellcranks currently, but I also had to buy the .4 ackermann bar as well, I would imagine you'd have to get both parts if you wanted to try the 2.0 geometry
Old 10-23-2020, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by billdelong
I'm running the .4 bellcranks currently, but I also had to buy the .4 ackermann bar as well, I would imagine you'd have to get both parts if you wanted to try the 2.0 geometry
.4 ackermann has been revised and updated to 2.0 ackerman, so may i think 2.0 bellcranks should fit?
Old 10-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

.4 ackermann has been revised and updated to 2.0 ackerman, so may i think 2.0 bellcranks should fit?
I just held the 2.0 servo saver up to the .4 bellcrank and confirmed they are compatible, but the offset is different so you definitely will need the matched 2.0 ackermann bar for it to work properly.

I haven't measured but my guess is that the 2.0 geometry appears to be closer to the .3 ackermann than the .4 ackermann if I had to guess, but the key difference is that the 2.0 ackermann is reversible which offers a far wider range of tuning options to explore. I'm gonna stick with the .4 geometry on my SCT for now, I'm very pleased with the more aggressive angle it has to offer, my truck can turn on a dime and I don't want to take that away which is what I think will happen if I switch from .4 to 2.0 geometry
Old 10-23-2020, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just held the 2.0 servo saver up to the .4 bellcrank and confirmed they are compatible, but the offset is different so you definitely will need the matched 2.0 ackermann bar for it to work properly.

I haven't measured but my guess is that the 2.0 geometry appears to be closer to the .3 ackermann than the .4 ackermann if I had to guess, but the key difference is that the 2.0 ackermann is reversible which offers a far wider range of tuning options to explore. I'm gonna stick with the .4 geometry on my SCT for now, I'm very pleased with the more aggressive angle it has to offer, my truck can turn on a dime and I don't want to take that away which is what I think will happen if I switch from .4 to 2.0 geometry
Good to know! Thanks! My sct410.3 is box stock. I'm running on turf so i will be modifying it to fwd shocks and at the same time i would like tu update it to the lastest setup. That includes .4 steering (2.0 if possible), 8x1.4 machined pistons and shock internals and hrc rear hubs
Old 10-24-2020, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Good to know! Thanks! My sct410.3 is box stock. I'm running on turf so i will be modifying it to fwd shocks and at the same time i would like tu update it to the lastest setup. That includes .4 steering (2.0 if possible), 8x1.4 machined pistons and shock internals and hrc rear hubs
I believe the .4 steering will be better for turf (assuming you want more steering), while I am currently running the HRC rear hubs, that will give more rear grip (on power) which may not be beneficial for turf. I'm currently working on a setup for turf to share my dirt setup with minimal changes for turf toward the end of this thread here, with the most important upgrade being shock cushions

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/...sct410-3.1389/

I've got my ride height down to 18mm with aftermarket shocks from Exceed:

Last edited by billdelong; 10-25-2020 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the .4 steering will be better for turf (assuming you want more steering), while I am currently running the HRC rear hubs, that will give more rear grip which may not be beneficial for turf. I'm currently working on a setup for turf to share my dirt setup with minimal changes for turf toward the end of this thread here, with the most important upgrade being shock cushions

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/...sct410-3.1389/

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=382097026317587

I've got my ride height down to 18mm with aftermarket shocks from Exceed:

HRC hubs should give less roll, which translates into less rear grip while cornering, aka stiffer rear end. Stock ones may roll that much that even on low grip the roll is excesive and looses grip??
I tried those hubs today at the track and the rear seems more planted. The truck tends to roll over a lot less.

With the forward shock setup, there is more weight distribution to the front end that, now, it wants to lift left rear inside tire and it's very difficult to keep the power while cornering. I'll be testing harder 2.8 front sway bar next weekend
I have also ordered a bunch of plastic shims to use as a droop limiter
Old 10-25-2020, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

I guess we are both talking about different things depending on what our desired goal is, you seem to be more concerned with off power steering where I tend to lay a lot of power in the corners myself, pretty good write up here from the 2.0 manual explaining the key difference in added traction either on-power (HRC) or off-power (LRC):

Old 10-25-2020, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I guess we are both talking about different things depending on what our desired goal is, you seem to be more concerned with off power steering where I tend to lay a lot of power in the corners myself, pretty good write up here from the 2.0 manual explaining the key difference in added traction either on-power (HRC) or off-power (LRC):
I'm new to 1/8th scale off-road racing, assuming this is an 1/8th scale chassis. On 1/10th scale racing there is a 'basic guide' to high grip tracks which pretty much brand do follow. Stiffer springs, thicker oils, lower hub heights for lowering overall geometry of the chassis (lower ride heights and less roll), higher roll centers, sway bars... The goal here is to gain as much as cornering speed as we can. I have looked to many 1/8th scale setups and there is no basic rule to high grip. For the same track and same car there are completely different setups, which is a nonsense. It would make sense for different cars and different driving styles but dayum, no one follows up a single common setting.

That said, i want to keep the truck's chassis planted to the ground. The truck has more than enough on power and off-power steering. Starting from stock setup i went for Orange LF front and Green LF rear springs, with 40/35wt oils. The truck handling improved instantly. After many practice days and roll overs i decided it was the time to step ahead. I went for rear shocks mounted in front of the arms. This resulted in better chassis responsiveness and faster corner speeds but still wants to roll over easily and has lost too much rear grip for my liking, the rear end tends to slide on fastest corners and wants to lift the rear inside tire. HRC hubs and thicker front sway bar should improve body roll and chassis heights, allowing all 4 wheels to slide just a little while cornering without rolling over. I'm also thinking going up to 10k in the center diff to see if i can bring back the lost rear grip.

This is my theory, that may be completely wrong in practice
Old 10-25-2020, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

That inside rear tire lift issue is very common on turf/carpet, I would start with a thicker rear sway bar, possibly stiffer springs and thicker fluid, I'm currently running 625Cst in both the front/rear shocks with 8 x 1.3 flat pistons right now, shock cushions have also made a drastic improvement on my jump landings on the flats on turf as well

I'm running 15-15-7 in the diffs
Old 10-25-2020, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

My track is super bumpy long pile turf. With shocks on the rear of the arms front end felt good, but now with arms in front it just feels too soft. I may go up in front oil to 42.5wt and try. I also think those machined pistons are a must!
Old 03-20-2021, 12:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run kit set up and won my first race with the SCT410.3. I just went to the green rear springs and 350cst oil, the rear was way too soft.

Sometimes learning to adapt your driving to what you're car does is the way to get your set up right.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Hi all, I have a somewhat complex question.

Is it still possible to convert the latest SCT 410.x to an EB48.xSL buggy? What parts would I need?

x=latest version of chassis.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS
Hi all, I have a somewhat complex question.

Is it still possible to convert the latest SCT 410.x to an EB48.xSL buggy? What parts would I need?

x=latest version of chassis.
Yes, it is possible to convert a SCT410.3 to an EB48SL.

Links below list the required parts. If you don't plan to convert back, you don't need the buggy side mud guards as you can just cut the nerf bar mounts off. I also wouldn't bother with the Rear Arm Mud Guards as after running a bit we noticed they were rubbing so we ended up taking them off to ensure a free moving rear suspension.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5570...gy-width-2pcs/
https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-r...570-17/p246445

Believe the wing listed in above links is discontinued, but any EB48/.2/.3/.4 compatible wing should work. Not sure about EB48 2.0 wings, they might be different?

You'll also need a buggy body. Again, any EB48/.2/.3/.4 compatible body should work. The EB48 2.0 bodies will definitely NOT fit properly. I went with this one from JConcepts when I converted mine:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/jconcep...co0262/p259224

There's a separate thread for the EB48SL. It's here and this is what ours looked like when we first converted it:
Tekno RC EB48SL Thread
Later on, I switched to these narrow hubs to bring it back to the SCT's width, added the .4 steering / ackerman plate, hrc rear hubs, and the springs/pistons etc. to more of less get to Tekno's recommended SCT setup. You can find lots of info on this setup by looking thru this SCT410.3 thread. Even without the high mounted heavy parachute SCT body, this setup seems to work ok on the EB48SL buggy on a low grip rough outdoor track.

Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

^My man. Thanks. So it's just the axle and hexes then? What about the front and rear bumpers and wing mount? I believe 1/8 buggy wings are universal fit mostly, and I'll prolly go with the same body as you if I decide to buy one.

Are you guys using 550 motors or 1/8 motors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.