Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerz27
After reading the last few pages I see alot of people talking about nose down issues in the air.. Strangely mine does the opposite, which I cant complain because all i gotta do is tap the brake and im level again. Honestly, I have yet to have any nose down issues. My truck is set up completely stock except for the rear camber link down 1 from stock.
I have never experienced the nose down issue ether. I keep waiting for but it hasn't shown up. It must be a issue with the face of the jump or something.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timamybrown
I have never experienced the nose down issue ether. I keep waiting for but it hasn't shown up. It must be a issue with the face of the jump or something.
+1 its how abrupt the jump is basically that forces a lot of weight transfer to the rear that I am seeing.

There were some jumps at the motodome race that would do that, in particular that kind of "canyon" jump that you could fly right over into the race line before the loop. Or that one far way before the big triple.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Wish I could figure out a way to bottle "nose down". I'd send you a gallon and you could join the fun!!! God knows I've had my fill of it.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madjake
Are the body mounts that go over the shock tower the same for the front and back. I think they gave me two backs won't fit on front thanks
no. they are not the same. if you two of one, just email tekno and they'll hook you up.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Earlier I posted some pictures of my battery mod on my Lite version, I also modded some standard mud guards so the battery could be moved back and I could still use the Air Guards.

I trimmed off the back part of the battery retaining wall, cut some new slots for the strap and added a small aluminum plate to the brake servo mount to keep the battery from hitting the spur.

From left to right, battery stopper plate, trimmed back wall, extended battery strap slots so I could move the straps back, new slot for the middle strap.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
+1 its how abrupt the jump is basically that forces a lot of weight transfer to the rear that I am seeing.

There were some jumps at the motodome race that would do that, in particular that kind of "canyon" jump that you could fly right over into the race line before the loop. Or that one far way before the big triple.
There were a few trucks nosing over on the triple. The team c was nosing over so bad it would almost do a complete front flip. My buddy Joe gave up on the triple with his 2.0 and just double singled. The tekno and the mugen conversion could hit it consistently.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

man I hate you guys with local tracks lol
Lol I hate that I turned down a job offer in columbus when I graduated college. There is at least 5 tracks relatively close to Columbus Ohio. Stupid me decided to stay close to home after college and now I'm 2-3 hrs away from them.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Man, if the truck is nearly doing a complete flip them just slam on the brakes in the air and help it along....don't you know it would completely distract the other guys to see you doing a front flip every time you hit the triple... It might not be the fastest way, but it would be entertaining to watch!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
Lol I hate that I turned down a job offer in columbus when I graduated college. There is at least 5 tracks relatively close to Columbus Ohio. Stupid me decided to stay close to home after college and now I'm 2-3 hrs away from them.
but we always love your company when you come down!! always a blast!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by USP45
Man, if the truck is nearly doing a complete flip them just slam on the brakes in the air and help it along....don't you know it would completely distract the other guys to see you doing a front flip every time you hit the triple... It might not be the fastest way, but it would be entertaining to watch!
hahaha, i'd bet the guy behind or in front of you would most def reck!!!......i just seen how i worded that
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

man I hate you guys with local tracks lol
We have a few good tracks here in Minnesota. I still have to drive about an hour to get to any of them.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There were a few trucks nosing over on the triple. The team c was nosing over so bad it would almost do a complete front flip. My buddy Joe gave up on the triple with his 2.0 and just double singled. The tekno and the mugen conversion could hit it consistently.
lol, my problem with the triple was hitting it with too much speed so then wouldn't make the turn in time. Once I figured out braking on the face of the run up to the turn after the triple, it worked well. Man I wish I had gone to practice on friday!

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
I feel your pain man. I moved from CT to here, was living south of hartford so had tracks like RC Madness and wolcott in about 30 minutes driving time from what I recall. Even had one that was getting going about 5 minutes away.

Now, largest city in the state ... closest track 1.5 hrs away. And what is more funny, I heard that at one time a national race was held here at a hobby shop that was in the town.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

I lived in Mandan/Bismark for a year and a half. To be honest I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother in North Dakota!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

lol, my problem with the triple was hitting it with too much speed so then wouldn't make the turn in time. Once I figured out braking on the face of the run up to the turn after the triple, it worked well. Man I wish I had gone to practice on friday!

I feel your pain man. I moved from CT to here, was living south of hartford so had tracks like RC Madness and wolcott in about 30 minutes driving time from what I recall. Even had one that was getting going about 5 minutes away.

Now, largest city in the state ... closest track 1.5 hrs away. And what is more funny, I heard that at one time a national race was held here at a hobby shop that was in the town.
The biggest problem I had on the triple was over jumping it. And when the team c was upside down flying next to me really threw me off lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

We have a few good tracks here in Minnesota. I still have to drive about an hour to get to any of them.
I used to live in blaine mn, and there wasnt crap for tracks a couple years ago. Texas on the other hand has alot of awesome tracks.

Next weekend there is a roar nationals warm up race in houston that i will attend. I expect to place in the A-main.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.