Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The sct410 has a much better wearing drivetrain, and better shocks.

Tuning wise they are worlds apart....the Tekno has tons of steering, and you tune in to lock the rear down for the different tracks. The losi, has less steering and you are always trying to get rotation and steering. IMO, I'd almost always rather start with a ton of steering. The Tekno responds more to tuning changes.

The Tekno can be set up loose and aggressive, or to be numb for newer drivers, where the losi always just felt dialed in aggressive, or just plain "off". The Tekno will also last several times longer than the losi, which I feel was a pretty disposable vehicle drivetrain wise.

I ran the losi 1.0, then the 2.0, then the 2.0 with serpent s811 shocks. I'm faster with the Tekno after just a few outings than with any of the losi trucks, even with a ton of tuning on them and the 16mm shocks.

You can be super fast with either truck for sure, and will probably be happy either way you go. I just think it's easier to go fast with the Tekno, easier to tune it in, and that it's a much higher quality vehicle.

Agree completely, just did my first full rebuild and replace after 6 months of racing with regular diff/shock maintenance and the train is hardly worn at all and only broke one part all year, old rear diff case. My front right stub axle had a crack on the lip but worked fine but...

And Maybe more importantly, the tekno drivers and corresponding threads are much more welcoming than losi threads, no one mocks new guys or argues in her
Old 11-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
And Maybe more importantly, the tekno drivers and corresponding threads are much more welcoming than losi threads, no one mocks new guys or argues in her
How DARE you tell me what I do! We don't argue or....oh, wait.

Yeah, expect help in the Tekno threads instead of being berated in the Losi threads.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

I have had my Tekno for a just over a month now and we have moved inside into a more technical and tight track. I have (as usual) quite a bit of steering and love it and am looking to "lock down" the rear end... So far it is stock with minor shock angle changes. Any suggestions? Springs? Sway bars? ect?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:28 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any word on the v2 I want this truck but I don't wanna buy utter then a couple months later something better comes out
Old 11-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vintage Shu Cat
I have had my Tekno for a just over a month now and we have moved inside into a more technical and tight track. I have (as usual) quite a bit of steering and love it and am looking to "lock down" the rear end... So far it is stock with minor shock angle changes. Any suggestions? Springs? Sway bars? ect?
If truly stock, try taking out the rear and/or middle chassis braces. Both tend to give more rear traction, but in slightly different ways. I run mine with just the rear out, but a lot like both out.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P6
Any word on the v2 I want this truck but I don't wanna buy utter then a couple months later something better comes out
Ya this is another concern of mine.

Thanks guys, Im going with the Tekno. I am interested in the truggy so it only makes sense, plus I want the quality.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Another thing what size motor do I want to run in this thing? Is there a kind of standard one most use(like tekin 1900 in ebuggy)? Ill be running both indoor and outdoor tracks. I own both mamba max pro and tekin rx8's already to choose from for esc. Im kind of thinking I want to run 3s, I just think 2s seems a little weak for this heavy of a vehicle?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by turtletrax
Another thing what size motor do I want to run in this thing? Is there a kind of standard one most use(like tekin 1900 in ebuggy)? Ill be running both indoor and outdoor tracks. I own both mamba max pro and tekin rx8's already to choose from for esc. Im kind of thinking I want to run 3s, I just think 2s seems a little weak for this heavy of a vehicle?
A large majority of 4wd sc racers use the RX8 with a Pro4 4600kv or a Pro4 HD 4300kv...Or a hobbywing setup with a 4000kv or 4700kv 4-pole motor. I highly reccomend one of those combos if your wanting to race. The MMP is not going to work in this truck. You'll have to have a huge pinion gear to get any sort of "speed" out of her, and it will most likely thermal within 2-3 min.

As for the batteries... 2S is all you can run legally in 4wd sc. 3s is not allowed. (I wish it was tho... It would be a lot easier on all of or electronics!). Again, this is if your wanting to race. If not, as long as BOTH your motor and ESC are rates to run 3s, there won't be a problem. But if you go with one of the motor/esc combinations listed above, along with a 16T pinion for indoor tracks, or an 18T pinion for outdoor tracks, and a good battery with a high c rating, this truck is insanely fast on 2S. There will be no desire to make it faster with 3s, unless your wanting to do top speed runs... But if that's the case, a 4wd sc should not be the rc car of choice! :-)

Hope this helps a little!

-Cam
Old 11-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wreckya
Let us know what u think cuz I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Everything just bolts on correct, it automatically puts the battery tray to the rear more correct? U just cut off what wasn't needed and to lose more weight right?
Sorry I have been busy for a bit, yeah I cut it down just so the brake servo tray wont hang off and it also cleans up the look and makes is a wee bit lighter, also it all just bolts right on to the chassis, you dont have to cut anything if you dont want to.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

I have a SCT410 and Gen2 RX8 and PRO4 HD 4300 for sale if anyone is interested. Have to sell to pay some bills........ :-(
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JRapid
Don't know if its just me, but in Chuck's pic does it look like the battery tray is off centered? Looks like its slanted.
It does sort of looking at the picture again. Its the angle of the camera and also the battery straps make it look that way.
It is all straight, my picture skills are bad at best.
Tech Regular

Cool thanks. Are there any other things I'm going to want to order with kit or is it pretty dialed(springs,pistons?). I hear they are pretty durable but is there any spares that are must haves?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turtletrax
Cool thanks. Are there any other things I'm going to want to order with kit or is it pretty dialed(springs,pistons?). I hear they are pretty durable but is there any spares that are must haves?
The aluminum servo horn I would say is the only must. Blew out the stock plastic one on the first day. Everything else depends on your driving style.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Who's game to try one?

http://www.prolineracing.com/blog/fi...t-course-body/
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
I like it any idea of weight, shoulda done a real one like the Ford or VW or Range Rover, when JC did the Armada I was hoping for a Chevy Tahoe...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.