Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dr speed
Hi guys,
I'm currently running the optionnal ackermann aluminium bar with the #1 hole.
Can someone tell me what are the effects of the others holes?

Many thanks!
Any suggestions?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by justpoet
Hey all. New to the thread and vehicle. I checked out the first post, but it seems to mainly just talk about hex widths and link to the advertising pages on XRay's site. Is there a specific post or other resource I should go look at while the buggy is on its way to me? Any required upgrades or specific tips for things like the center diff, which I plan to eventually get?

I'll only get to run it now and again, but when I do it'll primarily be on medium to high bite clay (one dusty and running something like super soft electrons, one damp and super smooth with slicks), both rather jumpy but also tend to include a sweeper type section. I might make it to a "medium pile astro" that I'm told has enough give that you still slide around, unlike carpet.

I tend to be more of a point and shoot or "late brake" driver, where I go in hard and then turn while on brake, then like to lock down and punch it coming out of a corner. I want to slowly work my way towards being a smoother driver in this regard so I can do a set up that can carry more mid corner speed for sweepers and non-180s, but that's where I am right now. Any suggestions on starting setups would be welcome.
I thought the posts/conversations from Bentka around Nov-Dec 15 were useful in helping me set up the buggy when I put it together last month; you might want to take a look at those.

You probably will want some extra sway bars, a full set of springs and pistons: 2X1.6, 2X1.7, combo pistons 1.1+1.5 and 1.1+1.6. A set of hexes if you want to run 12mm vs the stock 14mm wheels.

So far my center diff with 500K has made the buggy more stable than a slipper, but also slower than the slipper. I recommend sticking with the slipper unless it is really necessary to switch to a center diff. I adjusted to the slipper within a few practices with the buggy and adjust sway bars and shocks for track conditions because I carry way more speed everywhere with the slipper. My track is indoor clay that is generally med bite, outdoor loamy may be a different story.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr speed
Any suggestions?
The forward hole makes the car have a bit less initial turn in, but has more in corner turning. if your car feels twitchy, try this forward hole.

The rear hole makes for more initial turn in, but less mid to exit steering.

It's an easy change so you could run half a battery and quickly go to the pits and change ackerman and go right back out to the track to finish off the same battery. You will see what the change does to the car based on how it takes the turns and decide which works best for you/your track.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Welcome to the Xray ride Dave. How's the east coast treating you?
Not too bad, just got back from Motorama. Hope to hit the mountains for some boarding again soon too.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by suprteck
when installing the pinon gear as far in to the motor as possible while still being able to get to the set screw the pinon gear is not even with the spur gear so its only mating with 3/4 of the gear. So i shim the motor more rearward so now the pinon gear is making full contact with the spur gear.
So I noticed this is only happening when I am using the center gear diff, When using the slipper it is ok, compared the slipper to the gear diff side by side and the spur gear is off by 1-2mm
Old 02-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suprteck
So I noticed this is only happening when I am using the center gear diff, When using the slipper it is ok, compared the slipper to the gear diff side by side and the spur gear is off by 1-2mm
The spur gear for the center diff is offset.

Mounting it the correct way will put it in the same position as the slipper

Bent
Old 02-25-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BentKa
The spur gear for the center diff is offset.

Mounting it the correct way will put it in the same position as the slipper

Bent
ok thanks!!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys any good ideas on how to time my laps better? when i am alone practicing at the track and i dont have a friend to time me, its kinda hard... :P i found a few iOS apps but they are kinda cr@p.... how do you time your laps? Any suggestions?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grifind
Guys any good ideas on how to time my laps better? when i am alone practicing at the track and i dont have a friend to time me, its kinda hard... :P i found a few iOS apps but they are kinda cr@p.... how do you time your laps? Any suggestions?
Some TX have a timer like the Futaba 4px.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

i have a Spektrum DX3R though :/
Old 02-25-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

i have a Spektrum DX3R though :/
Maybe that one does too.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

no i doesnt, i looked it up,the dx3s and dx3r pro have a telemtry but not even a stopwatch. and i need lap timer not just a stopwatch.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

XRAY 1/10 Off-Road Wheels

• Specially-designed 1/10 off-road wheels
• Excellent for high-competition racing
• Flexible, durable material withstands impacts
• 12mm internal hex
• Perfect fit
• Value Pack

Specially-designed XB4/XB2 wheels with 12mm internal hex.
Perfect fit, recommended for high-competition racing.
Made from very flexible yet durable material to withstand impacts.
The side of the wheel is aerodynamic for maximum performance.
Special features of the wheel are visible from the inside: reinforcement ribs to make the wheels as stable as possible and eliminate deformation.

Set of 5 pairs (10 pcs) for the price of 4 pairs. A great value pack.
  • 369902 4WD Front Wheel Aerodisk with 12mm Hex - White (10)
  • 369903 4WD/2WD Rear Wheel Aerodisk with 12mm Hex - White (10)
  • 329900 2WD Front Wheel Aerodisk with 12mm Hex - White (10)

http://bit.ly/1SKbtRG

Bent
Old 02-25-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Just looking to get more traction is all. Do I just move the ballstud up a hole on the shock tower? And would I just do that in the rear or would I also do that in the front too?
The question is where are you looking for more traction? On power or off power, turn in, mid or exit turn, or straight line rear grip?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

no i doesnt, i looked it up,the dx3s and dx3r pro have a telemtry but not even a stopwatch. and i need lap timer not just a stopwatch.
The dx3r does have a count up and count down timer. Page 21 of the manual covers how to set it up to function as a stopwatch. The manual is here https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.