R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2016, 07:34 AM   #10546
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
The dx3r does have a count up and count down timer. Page 21 of the manual covers how to set it up to function as a stopwatch. The manual is here https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf
i know but this is not even close to a lap timer :P
Its just a timer from when you switch the Trans on, untill u reset it. You cannot record laps and most of all see average times etc which is what im looking for :P
grifind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #10547
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifind View Post
i know but this is not even close to a lap timer :P
Its just a timer from when you switch the Trans on, untill u reset it. You cannot record laps and most of all see average times etc which is what im looking for :P
The obvious answer is that you need to upgrade. Your equipment is old and out of date - you need something new with the features you desire. Welcome to RC.
__________________
Thanks to Lunsford, Proline, Schelle, Xray, RCAmerica, and SMC for your support.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM   #10548
Tech Elite
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,021
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifind View Post
i know but this is not even close to a lap timer :P
Its just a timer from when you switch the Trans on, untill u reset it. You cannot record laps and most of all see average times etc which is what im looking for :P
Ask the track to turn on practice mode for the scoring system. Most are happy to do so when asked. Then the timing system will tell you lap times as you go by. If you run a mostly solid color'd body, there's a few visual lap timers around too that I believe can run with a phone's camera, just looking down on a spot in the track, though I haven't looked at them in a while. I know some computer based ones will do that with webcams, but they can get confused if there's a bunch of vehicles, or other similarly colored ones.
__________________
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #10549
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
Ask the track to turn on practice mode for the scoring system. Most are happy to do so when asked. Then the timing system will tell you lap times as you go by. If you run a mostly solid color'd body, there's a few visual lap timers around too that I believe can run with a phone's camera, just looking down on a spot in the track, though I haven't looked at them in a while. I know some computer based ones will do that with webcams, but they can get confused if there's a bunch of vehicles, or other similarly colored ones.
the track is this and its custom made be me and my friends :P so that option is not available as well :P


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
grifind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:28 PM   #10550
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,599
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifind View Post
i know but this is not even close to a lap timer :P
Its just a timer from when you switch the Trans on, untill u reset it. You cannot record laps and most of all see average times etc which is what im looking for :P
You will need Spektrum SPM 1320 and SPM 1330 then. And possibly SPM 1453 Google them.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #10551
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,730
Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)
Default

What's the deal with the 12 degree hubs? Why are they so expensive and what would you use them for? Are they for super high traction carpet? I have a new set and I honestly don't think that I would need them. My car already out-turns all my other cars both off/on power.
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....14 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #10552
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
You will need Spektrum SPM 1320 and SPM 1330 then. And possibly SPM 1453 Google them.
Thank you!
grifind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #10553
Tech Master
 
3srcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,751
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
What's the deal with the 12 degree hubs? Why are they so expensive and what would you use them for? Are they for super high traction carpet? I have a new set and I honestly don't think that I would need them. My car already out-turns all my other cars both off/on power.
Perfect, just sell them to me then.
__________________
A Main Hobbies | Protek R/C | Team Powers R/C | Cheater Racing
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #10554
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,055
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I am looking at page 16 of the manual and if I want to use the hinge pin hanger inserts to adjust roll center (for adding traction) do I want +.75mm or -.75mm? I want to
Lower roll center I believe for more traction so do I want to go with the -.75mm?
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #10555
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,055
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Also could someone post a link for a setup for low traction clay track?
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #10556
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Antelope Valley, CA
Posts: 4,730
Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Also could someone post a link for a setup for low traction clay track?
Try the book set up with 5/3 in the diffs and 35/30 oils. That should work pretty well with the slipper loose. I ran wet dirt in near freezing weather outside with that set up (slightly lower on the shock oils) and the car was really good. The box set up seems to work well in a wide range of conditions.
__________________
Now that I've discovered the ignore list I plan to use it.....14 and counting!
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 PM   #10557
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
I am looking at page 16 of the manual and if I want to use the hinge pin hanger inserts to adjust roll center (for adding traction) do I want +.75mm or -.75mm? I want to
Lower roll center I believe for more traction so do I want to go with the -.75mm?
As a rule of thumb:

Going to the inside or down on the hinge pin inserts will add roll and gain traction.

Going to the outside or up on the hinge pin inserts will reduce roll and traction.

Typically on a medium to low traction dirt or clay track we will run the hinge pin inserts on the inside and go up or down to adjust roll and traction.

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:26 AM   #10558
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
The spur gear for the center diff is offset.

Mounting it the correct way will put it in the same position as the slipper

Bent
and that happens to be upside down compared to the manual.
__________________
A racecar is only as good as the mechanic who build it.
UK.hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:05 AM   #10559
Tech Master
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifind View Post
Guys any good ideas on how to time my laps better? when i am alone practicing at the track and i dont have a friend to time me, its kinda hard... :P i found a few iOS apps but they are kinda cr@p.... how do you time your laps? Any suggestions?
We use one of these in my buddys back yard track...
http://www.trackmateracing.com/shop/...p-counter.html

Cheers
__________________
SCTE, DESC 410, XRAY XB4, MBX6 ECO
I hate feeling bad about feeling good about that!
Hand D Flooring
BDRMBULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #10560
Tech Master
 
Slapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,055
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
As a rule of thumb:

Going to the inside or down on the hinge pin inserts will add roll and gain traction.

Going to the outside or up on the hinge pin inserts will reduce roll and traction.

Typically on a medium to low traction dirt or clay track we will run the hinge pin inserts on the inside and go up or down to adjust roll and traction.

Bent
Thanks for the reply!
__________________
Tekno Eb48.3, EB48.2, Tekno ET48, X-Ray XB4'14, '15 & '16, X-Ray XB2 CE, X-Ray T4'15, Hot Bodies D413, Serpent SRX-2, Axial Wraith (full custom Mattzilla Build), Blade 180QXHD
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EP buggies thread sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 3586 03-30-2016 11:53 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (1 members and 10 guests)
PENN01
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net