Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Any feedback on the KH chassis yet. I want to buy chassis and on my first truck I ran the BCE which was great. I probably will go that way again but I want to hear some feedback on the other first.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
from what i understand, the rules say you cant convert a buggy into a SC truck.. but the new XRAY thing uses 1/8th drive train..

isnt that basically a converted buggy?
Where does it say that? All I know is that it has to be in the legal width and it will qualify. Just like 2wd sc, a company called RCRD is making a chassis for the 22t to run 2wd sc but they had to find a way to be within the ROAR dimensions to work.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by elex300
Any feedback on the KH chassis yet. I want to buy chassis and on my first truck I ran the BCE which was great. I probably will go that way again but I want to hear some feedback on the other first.
Erik
Here is some feedback a customer sent me today.
Jim

"I am ready for the front mount and the motor mount. I am really digging the chassis. I proved to increase the steering on the truck. After an 8 minute main I only dumped 4700 mah..other racers with the same exact setup on the stock chassis dumped from 5100 to 5700mah...I noticed I did not hardly have to go full wood on the throttle and was keeping up with the tq guy and the days winner...just made some stupid mistakes and got Hung up by a couple hacks....cannot wait to get it back on the track!!!

If you do a presale on the parts let me know, I would be more than happy to send over the money.

Thanks and keep up the great work...

John

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android"
Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Nothing wrong with your choice of motor, its the best shortcourse motor going bar none imo

Thanks AJ and Cwilkinson for easing my concerns. The Pro4/HW combo was in my budget so I went for it but I'll tell my friend who's building a Sc10 for bashing, the viper combos sounds perfect for him.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingHobbies
Erik
Here is some feedback a customer sent me today.
Jim

"I am ready for the front mount and the motor mount. I am really digging the chassis. I proved to increase the steering on the truck. After an 8 minute main I only dumped 4700 mah..other racers with the same exact setup on the stock chassis dumped from 5100 to 5700mah...I noticed I did not hardly have to go full wood on the throttle and was keeping up with the tq guy and the days winner...just made some stupid mistakes and got Hung up by a couple hacks....cannot wait to get it back on the track!!!

If you do a presale on the parts let me know, I would be more than happy to send over the money.

Thanks and keep up the great work...

John

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android"
Sounds good,Thank You
Old 03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ethan5050
Ok I have two quick questions.. First can I use the 22t shocks on the scte, and would it be any better? Second is there any fix for the center diff wobble, aside from keep replacing case? Thanks....
The center diff wobble question has been mentioned many times and so far the response is the same......it's okay. They all wobble. Mine wobbles and it's not causing any harm. My temps are good and there are no strange noises coming from the center diff. So far so good. If the wobbling gets really bad, open up your center diff and replace the larger metal spacers, they do tend to get worn out and can lead to more wobbling.

Your question about the shocks from the 22T fitting the SCTE, I've wondered that also but it looks like would just be alot of unnecessary extra work. Logically, there's a huge difference in weight between the two rigs and the shocks for the 22T seem a little smaller than the SCTE Shocks. So I'm guessing it may be a bad idea. I'd be interested in hearing anyone's results to see what they come up with. I find my 22T shocks to be supper smooth.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

you do realize the SCTE is also based off of an 810 right? So going by that same ruling, we couldn't run the SCTE because it was also at one point based around the very same vehicle that was an undersized 1/8th scale buggy. Honestly, I agree with whoever said, put it in the box, if it fits the dimensions, uses SC tires & body and runs on 2s lipo, it's all fair game. The irony here is, I used to think that 4wd SC should be an open class as far as motors and batts go. But with the current crop of motors, 2s seems to be plenty. So I can honestly say I've had an about face on that subject. Maybe 3s limits for outdoors.
I don't know if you just didn't read what I posted or what, but I clearly stated that the 810 was based on the 8ight. I have an 8 and an 8t 2.0. There is a difference in based on an 8ight, 8th scale and using the same freeing drive train from an 808 for their SC conversion.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
I don't know if you just didn't read what I posted or what, but I clearly stated that the 810 was based on the 8ight. I have an 8 and an 8t 2.0. There is a difference in based on an 8ight, 8th scale and using the same freeing drive train from an 808 for their SC conversion.
It doesn't matter where its based off, the dimensions are the things that matter. The 808 conversion to an sc is allowed because it fits in the dimensions that ROAR has set for the class.

Here you go
Item Limit Specification ( * measured axle center)
Wheel base* Minimum 320mm (12.59 in) Maximum 335mm (13.19 in)
Overall Length Minimum 511mm (20.10 in) Maximum 568mm (22.36 in)
Overall Width* Minimum 273mm (10.75 in) Maximum 296mm (11.65 in)
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Which of these rod ends do I want to use with 8 2.0 titanium ti rods?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...od+end&x=0&y=0
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Which of these rod ends do I want to use with 8 2.0 titanium ti rods?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...od+end&x=0&y=0
4.0mm the 5mm are off of the 1.0 versions
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300
I just got home after spending 12 hours at the track with my new king headz chassis. First of all, the track is fast with a big 35ft tripple, laptime run mid 30s. I have had trouble with the triples in the past. But today, i was able to sky the triples like never before. The truck definatly seems to jump better than it did stock. Also, I was somewhat skeptical about the durability of the chassis due to its flex, but i had some blooper moments where i cased the triples real hard, an the chassis was unscathed, nor did the rear driveshaft pop out like i did with the stock chassis. I also ran my fastest lap ever with it, and my fastest top five lapsin a race. Lastly, I did get less battery consumption. I was able to run 10 min without problems, actually I ran 11 min using 5200mah with a pro 4 4000kv motor. I am very happy with my purchase
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Damm....I am going to get the KH chassis now..I have read nothing but good on this chassis..just freeing up the drivetrain is enough for me..thanks for the feedback..
Old 03-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I just got home after spending 12 hours at the track with my new king headz chassis. First of all, the track is fast with a big 35ft tripple, laptime run mid 30s. I have had trouble with the triples in the past. But today, i was able to sky the triples like never before. The truck definatly seems to jump better than it did stock. Also, I was somewhat skeptical about the durability of the chassis due to its flex, but i had some blooper moments where i cased the triples real hard, an the chassis was unscathed, nor did the rear driveshaft pop out like i did with the stock chassis. I also ran my fastest lap ever with it, and my fastest top five lapsin a race. Lastly, I did get less battery consumption. I was able to run 10 min without problems, actually I ran 11 min using 5200mah with a pro 4 4000kv motor. I am very happy with my purchase
sounds like that chassis a magic carpet ride
Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Damm....I am going to get the KH chassis now..I have read nothing but good on this chassis..just freeing up the drivetrain is enough for me..thanks for the feedback..
No prob.

I compared my friends scte(different chassis) to mine, samemotor same gearing, and there was definatly a noticable different in the drivetrain drag.
By no means am I saying that this is the best "this or that," I am saying that it is an excellent choice.

Now the only thing I need to get figured out are these M2C pistons that came with my truck. They seem not to have enough pack. Im running 35wt front and rear with green springs front and rear. It feels like I should go up to 40wt. Can anyone give me recommendations?

Thanks, Jason

Last edited by symmetricon; 03-02-2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spelling... lol
Old 03-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
No prob.

I compared my friends scte(different chassis) to mine, samemotor same gearing, and there was definatly a noticable different in the drivetrain drag.
By no means am I saying that this is the best "this or that," I am saying that it is an excellent choice.

Now the only thing I need to get figured out are these M2C pistons that came with my truck. They seem not to have enough pack. Im running 35wt front and rear with green springs front and rear. It feels like I should go up to 40wt. Can anyone give me recommendations?

Thanks, Jason
start with 27.5wt all 4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.